Incoming LOB v2.0

jmahon316

Reaction score
I know this has been said quite a bit over the last few years but you have to admit, this draft SCREAMS attitude and force-of-will, just like the beginning days of JS/PC -- if you aren't excited, you better get there! These players seem like they're not saying "I'll go down with you" but moreso "I'm taking you down with me where I want you" or "Try and stop me" smash-mouth attitude that we fell in love with...Videos for reference, please share your thoughts!

DE Collier [youtube]hQAsxSPkpEE[/youtube]
S Blair [youtube]L4mx5m1LJ-8[/youtube]
WR Metcalf [youtube]t1rwEjfvRnI[/youtube]
WR Jennings [youtube]tvXcIVC_gFU[/youtube]
G Haynes [youtube]YFObYT3dlFM[/youtube]
CB Amadi [youtube]bZWvZhLXJss[/youtube]
LB BBK [youtube]tmgMdBXaXCE[/youtube]

Combine that with last year's similar style of picks and I believe this is going to be a GREAT team this year. It's so exciting to be a Seahawks fan right now, brace yourselves and enjoy the ride because it's going to be a thrilling one!

Also I predict the Seahawks will get at least 1-2 UDFA that other teams will regret not getting after the draft. In PC/JS I trust!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This thread is confusing.

The title is LOB 2.0, but you're talking about the defense as a whole, not the DB's.

But yes I am excited about the youth movement on the defensive side of the ball, IMO young and hungry is the way to go on defense.....especially Pete Carroll's defense where you have to bring the intensity and relentlessness.

But LOB 2.0? Err, we're not even close. Amadi and Blair have the potential, but I just haven't seen enough out of either Griffin or Flowers to even say the phrase LOB. Neither hit, neither ball hawk, and neither have emerged as the elite DB this defense needs.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
See the attitude with new defenders.

Absolutely do not see the talent. Across the board, there is a massive gulf between Earl and whatever FS we throw out there. Nothing even close to resembling Chancellor's ability to make a play similar to the Vernon Davis hit. No corner capable of shutting down an entire side by himself like Sherman.

Attitude aside, you have to have talent too. It's almost insulting to the original to even mention any of these guys in the same breath/moniker as the LOB. That collection of secondary talent is not going to be replicated any time soon by any team.

We were ridiculously lucky to bear witness to that level of greatness.

chris98251

Reaction score
When they can shut down teams and shut up receivers and QB's then maybe you can start thinking about calling them 2.0. Until then they are just a Secondary.

Mojambo

Reaction score
There's not going to be another LOB. And there shouldn't be.

Let these guys be who they are. I think these guys will be great (because Pete Carroll is a great developer) but they are going to be great in a very different way.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":71bd276y said:
This thread is confusing.

The title is LOB 2.0, but you're talking about the defense as a whole, not the DB's.

But yes I am excited about the youth movement on the defensive side of the ball, IMO young and hungry is the way to go on defense.....especially Pete Carroll's defense where you have to bring the intensity and relentlessness.

But LOB 2.0? Err, we're not even close. Amadi and Blair have the potential, but I just haven't seen enough out of either Griffin or Flowers to even say the phrase LOB. Neither hit, neither ball hawk, and neither have emerged as the elite DB this defense needs.
It kind of reminds me of the time the MLB Network asked if Yusei Kikuchi was Ichiro 2.0 for the Mariners. There is an obvious narrative connection, but it looks silly on the surface.

Latest posts