2019 WR Corp.,

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2019 WR Corp.,
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:47 pm
  • hburn21 wrote:For some reason Gary Jennings reminds me of 2011-2012 Ben Obomanu

I hope he runs routes better thanObo. I'm intrigued with him and wonder if some of the early draft hype surrounding him will prove to be true. I also suspect Metcalf will catch a good number of deep balls and will learn the tricks of boxing out CBs and outleaping them for long passes.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 pm
  • We need at least two WRs either from the carried over roster from last season or the freshmen class to breakout, Lockett alone can't get it done. So far the coaching staffs have talked up Brown and Metcalf, with minimum noise on other carried over WRs. No noise on Jennings or Ursua as they were injured.

A Lockett - Brown - Metcalf threesome could be intriguing as all three got break away speed (4.4 sec or faster on 40 yards) , Brown at 220lbs and Metcalf at 228 lbs are both 6'3"; making it really hard to match up against for DBs.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:18 am
  • toffee wrote:Of the three rookies, Ursua might have the most ‘rightaway’ probability, dude is highly skilled and not just get by on his superior gift, one could even be mean and call his gift “so so”, guy like that trend to spent more time on research for solutions and more open to learning and adjusting. Our Angry fitted that description, so does Ursua. In fact Ursua’s 3-Cone Drill – 6.77 seconds and 20-Yard Shuttle – 4.16 second were Angry-ish.

Ursua is also older, which may limit his ceiling but he is more matured and understand the urgency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursua is 25 years old...I watched his highlights a couple times ; and he played with maturity. He is already a man and looks like he can play with the men right out of the box. IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:46 am
  • Last season they kept 5 WRs on the 53. Do they keep 6 this season?

Lockett, Moore, Brown, Metcalf all seem like locks. I'd think they'd want to keep Jennings however, after that it's a battle that maybe Jennings is in with all the others. There is some nice size and certainly some speed with the top 4 and a curiously good group behind them.

I am very curious about Jennings who has nice size and was a solid contributor @ WVU. It'd be nice if he could develop into a a capable slot WR.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Last season they kept 5 WRs on the 53. Do they keep 6 this season?

Lockett, Moore, Brown, Metcalf all seem like locks. I'd think they'd want to keep Jennings however, after that it's a battle that maybe Jennings is in with all the others. There is some nice size and certainly some speed with the top 4 and a curiously good group behind them.

I am very curious about Jennings who has nice size and was a solid contributor @ WVU. It'd be nice if he could develop into a a capable slot WR.

Haven't seen much of Jennings during OTA's, he's had a hammy issue pretty much the entire time.

So not exactly helping his cause, hopefully it's not serious and he can really show what he can do in camp and pre-season. I actually like him a lot, he's fast as hell and a tough player. I could see him jumping up and grabbing a spot.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm
  • Measurable wise, Jenny and Darboh are quite similar. I suspect one of them will make the team, the other to practice squad? Again, Ursua and Reynolds share similar measurable too, could one of them make the team? Will we carry 6 WRs? May be it would be wise to carry six as there are so many unknowns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information