Pick 47, 2nd Round - Marquise Blair , S, Utah

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Interesting, seeing the run on CBs between where we were and where we traded down to.

Height 6' 1"

Weight 195 lbs

Arms 30 3/4”

Hands 8 1/4”

40 Yard Dash 4.48

Vertical Jump 35.0

Broad Jump 125.0

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marquise- ... 0d375e768a
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Kam Chancellor Lite?
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• He's got range and versatility. He's played single-high, as well as two deep looks. Box, too, but not a fit there in the pros due to his slight frame. Plays with his hair on fire, which can not be taught. This guy reeks of LOB-type play.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Definitely had a bit of a huh? response to the call. Explosive player with a mean streak. Looks like we got our new FS.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Next Kam?
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:He's got range and versatility. He's played single-high, as well as two deep looks. Box, too, but not a fit there in the pros due to his slight frame. Plays with his hair on fire, which can not be taught. This guy reeks of LOB-type play.

His frame is a bit smaller, but it seems as if he does his best work in the box.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• He's a projected fifth rounder in this draft analysis I found. He must have the Spider Man arms our front office loves so much in the dbs. We definitely filled a position of need. Now the rest of the draft is just gravy. I'm getting the feeling Schneider knows what the hell he's doing, and the analasysts don't

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• This guy will replace Coleman or Thomas with Delano Hill taking up the other free position.

Was a but huh when it was announced but this is such a seahawky pick. I'm screenshotting this thread as the impending negativity is going to look foolish over time.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Found this tweet from a Utah radio host when I googled Blair:

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Found this tweet from a Utah radio host when I googled Blair:

All I need to hear.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• This dude is an absolute murderer and is fast enough to be a nickel hybrid. If you don't like the pick, cool. But the Hawks' defense has gotten so damn much tougher over the past 12 hours. So much.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• Dude has that Seahawks “F” written all over him. That normally translate well in couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I'm ok with the pick and will look forward to looking him up, but he was projected for rounds 3-4 in the draft. The FO must really like him I guess. Can't always predict where a player will go. Glad they got their guy.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Dude has that Seahawks “F” written all over him. That normally translate well in couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I completely agree. Beautiful pick.

And as the the rankings, if you didn't do the rankings yourself it's just a dudes opinion. There's a reason that those people aren't picking the players and js is
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Destroys a lineman, and then N'Keal Harry, in the first 2 clips
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Russell Wilson, Cam Chancellor, Richard Sherman...

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• What the hell is up with all the double posts today?
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:What the hell is up with all the double posts today?

It's been pretty bad. If we make it to the Super Bowl this year the site may melt.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• Absolutely LOVE IT! I'm STOKED!
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• At least the FO is constant on reaching in player :pukeface:
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

• MrThortan wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:What the hell is up with all the double posts today?

It's been pretty bad. If we make it to the Super Bowl this year the site may melt.

I just did it too. WTF? All I know is my response was taking forever to load. Weird.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Mistashoesta wrote:Kam Chancellor Lite?

Something about his highlights makes me think more "Browner-lite" from a reckless-abandon perspective.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Toughness, aggression, physicality seems to be the theme of this draft so far.

Blair might not unseat any of the starters his first year but he has the look of a special teams ace while he learns the ropes at safety
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• hburn21 wrote:At least the FO is constant on reaching in player :pukeface:

Have you noticed how many projected 1st rounders have lasted well into the 2nd round and how many projected 2nd/3rd rounders have already been taken?

Maybe ponder that for a minute.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• are there really people on here questioning our DB picks? For real?
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• How is his instincts and ball skills though???
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• I think he would pair very well with McDougald. Thompson has been the bust for me, we drafted him to be a ball hawk and he has no picks or forced fumbles in two years.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    hburn21 wrote:At least the FO is constant on reaching in player :pukeface:

Have you noticed how many projected 1st rounders have lasted well into the 2nd round and how many projected 2nd/3rd rounders have already been taken?

A-freaking-men.
    Sonichellboy
    NET Starter

• He's a vicious hitter for sure. I heard on radio that he got many targeting penalties. Hopefully the coaches can help him clean that up because the NFL is pickier on penalties than college.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:

Except both our picks have been consistently projected way later than the 3rd round. A short and unathletic DE and a safety who in today’s NFL is going to be a consistent 15 yard unnecessary roughness. Sweet crushin it
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

• I wanted them to pick a DE, and then a Safety with their first 2 picks. They drafted different guys. (Mine were off the board anyway.)

But there is clear effort here to get the back alley brawl mentality infused back into the football team.

These guys are badasses. So far 2 for 2.

If Pete can rebuild his defense they can go back to the Superbowl. Russ can take care of the offense. They just need to find a WR and a Guard, other than that keep drafting defense.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• hburn21 wrote:Except both our picks have been consistently projected way later than the 3rd round.

That is categorically untrue.

If you have to grossly exaggerate to support your opinion, you might want to rethink your opinion.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    hburn21 wrote:Except both our picks have been consistently projected way later than the 3rd round.

If you have to grossly exaggerate to support your opinion, you might want to rethink your opinion.

I got it you want to hype up both players in your mind but it doesn’t change the fact they are both huge reaches. I’m honestly hoping both turn out to be all pro but we’ll see I doubt they’ll even get offered a second contract by us.
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

• hburn21 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    hburn21 wrote:Except both our picks have been consistently projected way later than the 3rd round.

I got it you want to hype up both players in your mind but it doesn’t change the fact they are both huge reaches. I’m honestly hoping both turn out to be all pro but we’ll see I doubt they’ll even get offered a second contract by us.

If you can find and post a link to a single source that had L.J. Collier projected, and I quote, "way later than the 3rd round", I will admit I was wrong. If you can't, you admit that you were wrong. Deal?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• I love how there are actually people that think they are better evaluators of DB talent than the best team in the NFL in DB evaluation and development. Pick a new sport to watch, You don't even know what you're looking at.
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• hburn21 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Except both our picks have been consistently projected way later than the 3rd round. A short and unathletic DE and a safety who in today’s NFL is going to be a consistent 15 yard unnecessary roughness. Sweet crushin it

This coming from the guy who said the team got cute taking Wagner when they traded down and missed on Kendricks.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    hburn21 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

If you can find and post a link to a single source that had L.J. Collier projected, and I quote, "way later than the 3rd round", I will admit I was wrong. If you can't, you admit that you were wrong. Deal?

Hey, look at that.

The guy the Seahawks just took with the 64th pick in the draft was consistently projected to go way higher than the very end of the 2nd round.

Find that link yet or are you going to admit that you were wrong?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• BLAH blah blah.

GoFrogs
    GoUtes
    GoHawks.

Y’all are funny.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Video screams Seahawk. This and DK have me over the moon with day 2. Hell yeah.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• What the Seahawks didn't do last year? Punish little scat backs catching the ball over the middle.

Do not catch the ball over the middle with this guy lurking. He may get a flag or two but alligator arms will last all game.

Glad to see them not standing pat at safety.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• This IS a reach but hopefully he turns into Kam 2.0.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Reminds me of Earl Thomas a bit. Maybe not the speed, but the killer instinct and the size. I hope it pans out.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:are there really people on here questioning our DB picks? For real?

IKR? WTH does Pete know about DBs?

:sarcasm_off:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:are there really people on here questioning our DB picks? For real?

IKR? WTH does Pete know about DBs?

:sarcasm_off:

I like this pick, but they have missed on a few DBs too
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information