Mo Alexander Signs with the BIlls

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team is now open to sign either of the two recent UFA visitors if the numers are right w/o risk of loss of a comp pick. Thanks Mr. Alexander.

Lost 7 now, gained 2 UFAs, visited with 3 UFAs, one of which is an exempt player from the comp calculation.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I'm not sure that Mo Alexander qualifies under the comp pick formula, as he was a mid-season (October 2018) signing by the Seahawks and I believe you have to have been with your previous team for the entire season to qualify. Otherwise, teams out of the playoffs could just sign a bunch of veteran free agents off the street in the final weeks of the season in hopes that they sign elsewhere in the off-season and count towards their formula. Again, I know there's a minimum tenure requirement, it's just a matter of whether or not Mo meets it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3v2byrjf said:
I could be wrong but I'm not sure that Mo Alexander qualifies under the comp pick formula, as he was a mid-season (October 2018) signing by the Seahawks and I believe you have to have been with your previous team for the entire season to qualify. Otherwise, teams out of the playoffs could just sign a bunch of veteran free agents off the street in the final weeks of the season in hopes that they sign elsewhere in the off-season and count towards their formula. Again, I know there's a minimum tenure requirement, it's just a matter of whether or not Mo meets it.

The way they keep your scenario from happening is that they have a minimum number of games a player must be active for (like you mentioned) in order to count in Compensatory considerations. I believe that is 9 games although I'm having a little trouble pinning that down online searching with just my phone. Mo Alexander was in exactly 9 games so if that number is correct he should count in the Compensatory equation.

Edit:
Here we go. This link suggests that it's a minimum 10 weeks on the 53 man roster or the team's IR.

including at least all players that were on the active 53-man roster or injured reserve at least ten weeks during the regular season
https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

dutchcoug

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2toke1dg said:
The team is now open to sign either of the two recent UFA visitors if the numbers are right w/o risk of loss of a comp pick. Thanks Mr. Alexander.

Lost 7 now, gained 2 UFAs, visited with 3 UFAs, one of which is an exempt player from the comp calculation.

I assume you mean Lynch, Nelson and ? Who's the 3rd?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Not a big loss. Mo Alexander couldn’t beat out Tedric Thompson or Delano Hill. Let that sink in for a moment. They moved him to linebacker and he couldn’t unseat Mingo. He was a guy with very little impact.

Latest posts