K.J. Wright has agreed to a short-term contract.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1106090189498126337[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1106094789877886977[/tweet]

AgentDib

Reaction score
Great news here. I'll bet he didn't get much long-term interest due to the knee issue and so is willing to play 2019 in hopes of getting a final big contract next off-season. Kendricks can also back up at MLB so we have some decent flexibility depending on KJ's health and Kendrick's sentencing.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Excellent! Great individual and contributor to the team. Wonderful news.

Reaction score
Glad to see him back him n BWagz! like a 1 2 punch! I think this helps us with signing BWagz! Extend BWagz now dont wait!

Atradees

Reaction score
Great deal for both of us. Monkey Arms has been one of my favorite players. Here is to his health. I can see the three guys at linebacker for a few more great seasons. Wagner, Wright and Kendrix.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was a little surprised after giving Kendricks 4 million which is a lot for a back up roll. The new base defense often has only two linebackers on the field in nickel so not sure how often you will see all 3 on the field at the same time. I love KJ so glad to see him back but with the Kendricks signing not sure the signing of both was the best football move you could do, I could be talked into it though.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Kendricks will provide depth and cover in case of a KJ injury. It'll also lighten the load on KJ, without a big drop off. Allows us to have KJ at a higher level late in his career. Kendircks' contract is only one year, so they're not tied down there.

We can safely say, LB is set pretty well now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I thought for sure he was gone. This makes our LB situation much stronger.

James in PA

Reaction score
This is the Wright move!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Always better to keep our own. :2thumbs:

Takes some of the worry off the Kendricks legal situation. If he can't play, or is delayed we're still in good shape at LB.

Jville

Reaction score
I knew it ....... I knew it ...... I just knew something wonderful would happen on national π day.

And how appropriate it would be the Spider man announcement.

Happy π day everyone.

π for everyone.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":qqxb4xbh said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Always better to keep our own. :2thumbs:

Takes some of the worry off the Kendricks legal situation. If he can't play, or is delayed we're still in good shape at LB.

Agreed. These are the types of deals I prefer to see this time of year. Keeping talent and adding to it with 2nd and 3rd tier free agents who aren't looking to get overpaid. Then of course we add more young talent through the draft and undrafted free agents.

For this deal, I especially like that it's a one year deal. I believe once we see the numbers, the combination of money between Wright and Kendricks will be a fair cap value for the talent we will have.

D

DomeHawk

AgentDib":1edobinc said:
Great news here. I'll bet he didn't get much long-term interest due to the knee issue and so is willing to play 2019 in hopes of getting a final big contract next off-season. Kendricks can also back up at MLB so we have some decent flexibility depending on KJ's health and Kendrick's sentencing.

Yeah, must be the knee issue. I thought he would command more on the open market.

After losing some players I was hoping we could build on, everything about this feels good to me.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
austinslater25":3e19k76z said:
I was a little surprised after giving Kendricks 4 million which is a lot for a back up roll. The new base defense often has only two linebackers on the field in nickel so not sure how often you will see all 3 on the field at the same time. I love KJ so glad to see him back but with the Kendricks signing not sure the signing of both was the best football move you could do, I could be talked into it though.

I don't think Calitro and Griffin are more than depth players yet.

We missed KJ the most in coverage, our other LB's were not good. I specifically remember Shaq completely losing Lindsay for a TD in game 1 and Calitro getting beat badly in the Green Bay game.

Yes our secondary dropped off but Wagner was the only LB I specifically remember playing well in pass co.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree on Calitro and Griffin. I just wonder how they split time between Kendricks/Wright and how much all 3 will be on the field at the same time. They might have an out with Kendricks if his legal issues cause him to miss time as well.