2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Thanks Kitsap, as ever speedy on the update.

Updating.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:I hear you, and now think you are right. Still scratching my head over 7 WRs with 2 who have been inactive all season until now.

One thing you have to realize is the bottom of the 53 man roster impacts the practice squad. Jennings and Ursua are basically PS guys who might play if injuries dictate -- but even then PS guys (like Roos) might play as well but then go back to PS. So if you have 7 WRs on the regular roster, you're going to have fewer on PS, the same goes for OL, DL, DB ...etc. etc.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!

Appartently no corresponding 53 man roster move yet so this trade is not official yet, but has happened.

Updated now.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Diggs is a very good and versatile player as a DB (has played SS, FS, NCB). This is a solid addition to the team with a contract that allows them to keep him for a few more seasons. This looks to be another solid trade by JS.

The Detroit players are unhappy with the trade of this player who was a team captain and was a Pro Bowl alternate last season.

It will be interesting to see who get moved off the 53.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Kitsap! Updated now.

Had a suspicion that the player to be named would be Roos.

I'd expect Roos to be re-signed to the PS before long. Sort of a disappointment that Mone was waived, however, JS likes to churn that PS to meet roster and practice needs, think he could be back too. Curious to see what Christmas will turn out like.

In case anyone hasn't noticed the team has now made more than 200 roster moves since the beginning of the league year.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Thanks Kitsap! Updated now.

Had a suspicion that the player to be named would be Roos.

I'd expect Roos to be re-signed to the PS before long. Sort of a disappointment that Mone was waived, however, JS likes to churn that PS to meet roster and practice needs, think he could be back too. Curious to see what Christmas will turn out like.

In Seattle Christmas is typically Wet, hope the DT isn't.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Mutual feeling on the above.

This player is somewhat of a mystery. perhaps he will prove to have taken advantage of the 'time off' he's been allowed to do his weights training and be in game shape. Was pleasantly surprised by Mone, so it is a disappointment he's no longer on the team even if was just on the PS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Roos back on the PS -- Carney back off.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks John!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• After today's game and the Britt injury I expect there will a large number of upcoming roster moves.

The roster churn has been high this season with over 200 moves in the first half of the year. It is also interesting to note as well that there is not one UDFA player on the 53 or PS at present.

I wonder what will happen at trade deadline?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Well you know they need a Veteran Center that can step in, that's one move, it will probably be a recent cut or a PS guy somewhere that has game experience, they will need to make this move fast to get them involved with the offense other wise Wilson will be back to making the line calls again and that was not a great experiment a few years back.

Pocic is a few weeks out, not sure we have anyone that has real experience at Center to step in for an emergency at this point.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hunt will suffice for now, but I agree. This particular injury bites. The team will need to make a roster move.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• So who is backing up Hunt?
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Thanks Kitsap!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Chris:

During preseason Roos practiced some as a C, so I suppose it’s him.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Chris:

That's right. I'd forgotten all about that. They qualified him at center to back up all three interior positions. Seahawks place a high value on the center position. Typically at least 4 deep when putting a team together.

But that is still only 8 offensive linemen on a roster that likes to deploy a 6th linemen with some regularity.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• ...... good news. I guess they're rotating guys on the practice squad to extend the payroll to keep shadow projects in the Northwest.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Chris:

Having Chris Spencer visions now.......... lol but thanks.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ouch, I sure hope not, Chris Spencer was nothing short of simply awful.

I'd imagine the team could not find a deal they liked for a C before the deadline.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Ouch, I sure hope not, Chris Spencer was nothing short of simply awful.

I'd imagine the team could not find a deal they liked for a C before the deadline.

At least Spencer was better than Cables Drew Nowak debacle.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Ouch, I sure hope not, Chris Spencer was nothing short of simply awful.

At least Spencer was better than Cables Drew Nowak debacle.

That's like comparing a Pacer and Gremlin.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Tedric Thompson Placed On Injured Reserve, Ed Dickson Designated For Return

Filling Thompson’s spot on the roster is veteran defensive end Dekoda Watson.

Given Watson's background as a linebacker and designation as a DE, I would assume he will be looked at as a LEO.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Anyone know anything about Dekoda Watson?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Also Bryan Mone is back off the PS after 1 day and WR Cody Thompson from Toledo was added. Thompson was in camp with KC and just dropped from their PS so Schneider must have had his eye on him.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks 'Storian!

Mone was not on the PS long this time. Keeping him on a type of 'ghost roster' I suppose was part of that move. Thompson looks interesting as a developmental type.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Dekoda Watson we barely knew thee.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Wow, there’s a surprise acquisition.

Maybe he will garner the team a comp pick I’m 2021.

Imagine him with Metcalf and Lockett.

I wonder how long he can go without screwing up and being permanently suspended again.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Kitsap and Hawkstorian!

Updated.

I never was able to get a number for Dekoda Watson, he was here so briefly.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• He was #59.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks John!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• If we look at the recent roster churn there are a few things that are becoming clear.

Pete’s not happy with the back end of his D, the churn continues at DB, and there has been a rebuild that is ongoing there. I want to see what Diggs will do when he gets healthy. Will he be a S or a NCB? Blair seems to be a developing talent. McDougald is not healthy this season. The team is investing a good deal into improving the back end. In this I am happy with Griffin this season and think he’s now comfortable on his side. Flowers has struggled some in comparison but still is a good CB and will eventually be healthy and over the sophomore blues. I like his play and think he has a very great upside. At present I’m not sold on the NCB and think the team has stepped backwards there, assuming Diggs was brought in to play this position instead of S which may be a mistaken assumption the team could be quite better quickly at nickel. The amount of yardage being given up makes this a critical weakness.

The team has churned for a quick look a large number of Leo type players and the team is looking for a guy who can get it done on that side as what we have isn’t yet and seemingly can’t stay healthy. In all I regret losing Jacob Martin but I don’t regret acquiring Clowney who should be kept. Martin was a player who seemed to have a quick first step and was effective in limited appearance getting pressure on opposing QBs. This is an area where the searching presently seems to be continuous. This effectiveness of the pass rush has been wanting this season as the supporting cast for Clowney isn’t showing up, or hasn’t yet. This is an area of significant weakness.

The interior OLine doesn’t seem to be able to stay healthy and the team is churning through players at both OG positions. The OLine has as a result been in constant flux and the changes seem to be happening weekly. Fortunately the team has some depth here and on PUP and that depth has been needed. I expect to see more changes before the season ends. This also is an area of concern for the team but there there could be future starters here already.

As well it seems to me the FO is unsatisfied with the depth at WR and the team is combing the castoff piles to find young talent. While it is confusing to see 8 WR s on the 53 the team is choosing to season the two rookie WRs this year and are redshirting them. That is not to missed but so is the need for better play from other than the top two WRs of the 8. I expect to see some change here if Gordon shows up and can stay clean.

It is easy to be critical of the FO but to me they are being very focused upon fixing areas of the team that they see need improving.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• A few PS updates: Penny Hart is #19 (with Josh Gordon taking #10)

Cody Thompson is #81 (now cut)

Brian Allen is #40
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks guys!

Updated.

Interesting return of Haynes, DT- Christmas and TE- Dickson to come.

I'd be surprised if Jennings clears waivers, but if so he's lock for being added back to the PS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I doubt Christmas comes back. He'll go on IR for the rest of the year.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• I'd think so too. Whatever his back injury was it was enough to keep him out all preseason and more than half the regular season. He will get a chance to try to make the roster next year and it would be in his best interests to come jacked up, bulked up and breathing fire. He gets a redshirt season and is paid not badly for it.

The clue on this was the re-signing of Mone to the PS, and while at present he's just a fringe player the team is trying to keep him around.

Dickson needs to be activated within the next 2 weeks or he's on IR for the duration.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jennings claimed by Miami--

Also .... I think today was the deadline to move Christmas to the roster so he reverts to IR for the rest of the year.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Hawkstorian!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Reminder -- the 'hawks can make a roster move on Monday so if they activate Dickson it will probably be then. I don't expect anything to happen today.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• It’s hard to know when the team will have Dickson return, b/c we don’t know when the team designated him eligible for return. They have a window period where the player can practice and not be counted against the roster limit but must make the decision to return within that period or the player stays on IR. I don’t know if the return window is 2 or 3 weeks? Can anyone help?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information