2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• The site is so sloooow tonight.

The team trades up again, this time with Minnesota trading them Picks #92, and #159 for Picks #88 and #209 (6th)

With Pick # 88 the team selects LB- Cody Barton, Utah

Here is a combine profile for Barton: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cody-bart ... 3315a94333

The team still has 5 picks left #114-4th , #124-4th, #132-4th, #142-5th, #209-6th
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Here are the UDFAs so far announced, there are others, who's names Ive seen but at this time there is a lot of confusion over tryouts and actually signed players.

As reported at http://www.fieldgulls.com, and various Tweets as confirmed by other Tweets. At this stage I'm not absolutely convinced all these players are signed but various sources indicate as much. Will promptly change if wrong.

1. CB- Derrek Thomas, Baylor
    2. CB- Davante Davis, Texas
    3. QB- Taryn Christion, SoDSU
    4. TE- Mik'Quan Deane, WKU
    5. WR- Delane Hart-Johnson, New Mexico
    6. WR- Jazz Ferguson, Northwestern State
    7. OL- Lo Falemaka, Utah
    8. OL- Demetrius Knox, Ohio State,
    9. OL- Jordan Agasiva, Utah,
    10. S- Jalen Harvey, ASU,
    11. RB- Marcellus Sutton, OK
    12. DT- Jay-Tee Tivili, EWU
    13. DE- Warenski Aime, FSU
    14. WR- Terry Wright, Purdue
    15. TE - Justin Johnson, Miss. St.
    16. LB- Noah Dawkins, Citadel
    17. DT- Bryan Mone, Michigan

These are all posted bringing the roster numbers to 94. to me this indicates that some reported signings are in error.

EDIT: have now deleted those not announced as signed UDFAs by the team.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• The roster is up to date to my best ability, save for the player numbers which should soon be announced.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• A couple of noteworthy UDFA signing bonuses announced .............
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• The numbers are wrong with the addition of these two and is now up to 94. Technically until the drafted players are signed they are not formally part of the team.

Until rookie minicamp is over we don"t know for sure who the actually signed guys are and who have potentially reached terms with the team. I' m just going to keep on adding until this situation clarifies.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• So cutting Baldwin, Kam, Mingo post June 1st would free up around $20M. Around another $6M if they decide to part ways with Ed Dickson and Jaron Brown. Nice.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• In Fade's thread on 'the team is in better shape capwise than we think' much of this has been discussed. Mingo, Chancellor, TE- Dickson, Jaron Brown, and possibly Baldwin could now all be candidates for release, which almost immediately creates lots of cap for deals with a few guys to be done. There are other deals which could be advantageously escaped from as well. I don't know if the team will exercise Ifedi's 5th year option, but somehow I doubt it.

I think I have read somewhere that even without the above possible cuts the team is #2 in available cap for reallocation next season. JS has done a brilliant job managing through this cap crisis.

They have money to sign some pass rushers if needed, and to do the deals needed with Wagner and with Reed.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Out of interest what is an "underrated" free agent? So underrated they didn't get drafted?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• LOL, got me. Let's hope the ones we got deserved to be drafted.

That farging autocorrect got me again. Now corrected. Thanks for noticing and letting me know.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• ...................... sure looks like they are all in on guard heavyweights.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, updating now.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I'm counting 89 players on the roster so room to sign at least one tryout player.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Yes that's correct 89 players including Kam Chancellor who is unlikely to ever play again.

Easy to get the roster right when the team actually announces who are the UDFA players signed.

JS is keeping his options open to sign at lest one of the tryout players or?.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Numbers for the new players have been added, and UDFA signings clarified and corrected.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, will note accordingly.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• With the many reports indicating the team has agreed to terms for 1 year ($13.5 million with $5.5 million guaranteed and $8 million in incentives) with DE- Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah and are flying him here to sign today I will add him to the roster bringing the total to 90 including Chancellor.

Ansah, when healthy, is an excellent pass rusher. The team physicians obviously have looked at him and would appear to have given a thumbs up to signing him. At this stage this is a potentially huge addition to the team.

While now seriously out of date here is a combine profile for Ansah:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/zig ... id=2539931
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• With adding Ansah and Taylor the Seahawks will have to cut 1 player to get back to 90.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Some further signings have been announced by the team which will involve roster cuts to be accomplished, they are as reported by Bob Condotta on Twitter to be as follows:

Condotta

@bcondotta
    17m17 minutes ago
    More
    Seahawks have officially announced the signing of Jamar Taylor as well as fullback Nick Bellore and guard Marcus Martin. Bellore another who visited as a free agent a month or so ago.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Doug Baldwin is released failed physical:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... ug-baldwin

To me this seriously sucks!

I loved this player and his will to succeed and his toughness. He was always underrated as a player which was a shame b/c he was a damn good WR and he will be missed.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Here's draft combine profile for Taylor, good short area quickness and undoubtedly a departure somewhat from the team's prototype at CB in terms of being shorter armed than usual.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jam ... id=2539932

Not to be "that guy" but NCB has a different team prototype than outside CB. Both Marcus Burley (29 7/8" arms) and Justin Coleman (31 1/4" arms) had less length than they typically require for outside CB (32" arms). Taylor actually seems to fit those two's size and athleticism almost exactly.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Here's draft combine profile for Taylor, good short area quickness and undoubtedly a departure somewhat from the team's prototype at CB in terms of being shorter armed than usual.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jam ... id=2539932

Not to be "that guy" but NCB has a different team prototype than outside CB. Both Marcus Burley (29 7/8" arms) and Justin Coleman (31 1/4" arms) had less length than they typically require for outside CB (32" arms). Taylor actually seems to fit those two's size and athleticism almost exactly.

Totally, of course!

I get that, and was only observing the shorter arms, but our last NCB had closer to 32 inch arms. Taylor was highly regarded when drafted as being physical as a CB and has elite short area quickness, yet has bounced around some for whatever reason.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• How much cap space do we have now?
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• OTC.com is behind, and Doug and Kam being released should add about $9 million to this year and $20 mil next year.

We don't clearly know the numbers yet for Ansah, Taylor, Bellore, and Martin, but they would deducted from approximately $34.5 million. Rough eyeball guess about $22.5 million depending if the whole of Ansah's deal is expensed if so approx $20 million after the 4 are signed. It depends on the numbers for the other 3 signings.

Lots of room to do all sorts of other deals including re-upping Read and Wagner.

This will soon clarify.

EDIT: OTC.com has caught up, sort of at any rate, the deals for Martin, Bellore and Taylor, and Ansah are not yet part of their calculations. Their numbers are different from Spotrac.com
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Interesting to observe that the cap relief this season from Baldwin and Chancellor is close to $9 million.

Orchard didn't even have a cup of coffee here.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The team has agreed to terms with DT- Al Woods a veteran DT. When Woods is signed the team will need to release a player to stay at 90. I will add him now to our roster here as I anticipate he’’ll be signed soon.

Source: Bob Condotta

Here is a very dated combine profile for Woods who's weight is now closer to 330 than shown in the combine profile:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/al-woods?id=496881

The competition for positions on the DLine will be quite intense this offseason. Pete loves these DTs with very long arms.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• 18 DBs on the roster now I think that number will go down a bit. I count 15 DL with Woods being added so my guess one of the CBs gets dropped.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, am on the road until Friday so responding will be slow.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap will note accordingly.

EDIT: looks as if I’ve accidentally deleted the draft picks from the roster page and am updating by cell until Friday. I I’ll fix that then.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Looking forward to hearing about initial impressions from the media on Tuesday May 21st.

Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted. Link >>> https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/4/1/18291187/seattle-seahawks-2019-offseason-workout-dates-announced-nfl-news

OTAs: May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31, June 3-6

May 21, May 29, June 4 and June 6 are open to the media.

Mandatory minicamp: June 11-13

*Note that OTA dates are subject to change
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, your contributions are always much appreciated.

updating now
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap, updated now.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]