Russ Scores More Than 13.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What a crap performance by the Rams. As God as my witness if we were the ones facing the Pats today we win this game if the score stays the same for them (13).

Sigh.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Rams played scared for sure. I hate to say it but this year's defense would have allowed 21+.

I think we would have scored more than 13, but would have been rough. That pass rush from the Pats would have given us fits, and we don't have WRs to constantly win routes.

I think our run game would have been much better than what the Rams presented.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I think the Bowl Game was a showing of two teams who didn't belong in the Super Bowl... :yawn:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The one QB who's known for winning ugly more than anyone else in the league and you think HE would have scored more than 13?

stack55

Reaction score
I have to say Edelman is the best current receiver in the league.
I haven’t seen any one who can cover him. I’m not a Pat fan but
I have to give this man a atta boy. Even in our SB 49 loss it was
Because of Edelman. He was a Seahawks killer in that game and
A killer in this SB. Congrats to Edelman. He is a badass.

Heyseed

Reaction score
I would be pissed if I was a Lambs fan and Gurley isn't playing.
Jared Goff always looks like he'd rather be home playing video games

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":151aw952 said:
The one QB who's known for winning ugly more than anyone else in the league and you think HE would have scored more than 13?

Of coursel DUH!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Name the QB in conference championship games with the stat line of 18tds and 14 interceptions.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":34p6o2f9 said:
Name the QB in conference championship games with the stat line of 18tds and 14 interceptions.

WEll, not sure who you are talking about and it is also irrelevant since this was the SB, not a conference championship What next name me the QB who threw 1 td and 5 ints in the last 2-seconds of the first half of games played on Thursday on full moons?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":2pvvo1ft said:
Shanegotyou11":2pvvo1ft said:

WEll, not sure who you are talking about and it is also irrelevant since this was the SB, not a conference championship What next name me the QB who threw 1 td and 5 ints in the last 2-seconds of the first half of games played on Thursday on full moons?

Its tom brady. Which shows for all the GOAT talk, that he wouldnt even have made half the super bowls without a top team. He has 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 13 games. That is sub par. He definitely steps up in the superbowl with 2 touchdowns per superbowl and basically no picks.

Since you are being funny, you going to go at aros too? Russ wasnt in this superbowl. Whats next? Matt Hasselbeck would of had more then 13? ;)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1ehi57ps said:
John63":1ehi57ps said:
Shanegotyou11":1ehi57ps said:

Its tom brady. Which shows for all the GOAT talk, that he wouldnt even have made half the super bowls without a top team. He has 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 13 games. That is sub par. He definitely steps up in the superbowl with 2 touchdowns per superbowl and basically no picks.

Since you are being funny, you going to go at aros too? Russ wasnt in this superbowl. Whats next? Matt Hasselbeck would of had more then 13? ;)
Russell Wilson has a 56.4% completion rate, 424 yards, two touchdowns, and 4 interceptions in the NFC championship games...

Does that mean Wilson is bad? No.

Here is the thing, usually the championship games are played in the dead of winter which means snow, cold temps, and inclement weather. To add to this, teams are playing against the best of the best that the NFL has to offer. If you look at the full picture Tom Brady's playoff stats as a whole are actually pretty dang good. This year it wasn't that great, but over the duration of his career he has been pretty good in the playoffs.

Brady is one of the greatest Quarterbacks to play the game sad to say, no matter how you try to discredit him.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Belichick murdered McVay. His defense absolutely throttled their gimmicky style.

That said - Seahawks 31 Pats 13 :stirthepot:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1vw8821f said:
Shanegotyou11":1vw8821f said:
John63":1vw8821f said:
Shanegotyou11":1vw8821f said:

Russell Wilson has a 56.4% completion rate, 424 yards, two touchdowns, and 4 interceptions in the NFC championship games...

Does that mean Wilson is bad? No.

Here is the thing, usually the championship games are played in the dead of winter which means snow, cold temps, and inclement weather. To add to this, teams are playing against the best of the best that the NFL has to offer. If you look at the full picture Tom Brady's playoff stats as a whole are actually pretty dang good. This year it wasn't that great, but over the duration of his career he has been pretty good in the playoffs.

Brady is one of the greatest Quarterbacks to play the game sad to say, no matter how you try to discredit him.

Brady has also had one of the best coaches, if not best, ever. All the while residing in one of the worst Divisions in football, ensuring they are always in the playoffs (likely with homefield). During their tenure, the NFC West has placed all teams in the SB at some point. The road is much harder in other Divisions. Basically a top franchise will consistently win more championships just from having more opportunities.

And to finish, teams win championships....not individuals and that's why the coaches are the most important in the playoffs. Yesterday was a perfect example. Bill won that game.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We come into the playoffs with an atrocious gameplan and a coaching staff completely unwilling to adapt to the football actually being played on the field, and somehow folks think we would have won the superbowl? I do think we have the talent, but we need to be a little less stubborn on game planning and playcalling if we want to be more than a "just make the playoffs" team.

Remember, not long ago we got beat by the cowboys in one of the most frustrating games to watch ever. I like our talent, and hopefully our coaches will learn something by watching how the Patriots staff wins every year.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
That game made me feel much better because I felt a dark cloud hanging over the NFC west future with the way the Rams were looking early in the year. Looks like without top personal like Gurley and talking out 1 slot receiver it made their offence a lot less scary. Some shine off McVey too with not using his star back and inability to adjust at all to wait the Pats did. That being said, Goff missed some open guys.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I couldn't have been the only Seahawk fan thinking of a notable exception when some people were saying the deer in the headlights was to be expected for a young QB in his first Super Bowl.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We would have been shelled because we would have come in with a game plan to play 'patty cake' for 3 quarters while not really bothering to try to score until the 4th. And we would have blown possessions by hurling the ball for 35 yards into coverage and been baffled as to why we weren't getting calls when there was contact.

By the time we bothered to get serious about scoring we would have been down by 20. We couldn't even beat the Rams, a team that had no business being in the Super Bowl, much less the Patriots.

There is no scenario where Carroll beats Belichick. Carroll is nowhere near as good a coach.

However, the Saints would have won this one going away. They don't have as stout a defense, so they would have given up more points to the Patriots but they would have scored 30 vs giving up 24 to the Patriots. It would have been a much better game.

It was a Stupor Bowl by any measure because the Rams had no business being there. But I think they were placed there to give an easy win for Brady to get another ring. The NFL will keep milking the Brady train until his legs fall off, and they will certainly steer games to keep their cash cow producing. The Rams were there to lose, and they did.