Russ Pro Bowl Performance

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it was raining after all. :stirthepot:

Eesh. Can't remember when a QB in the Pro Bowl took 4 sacks in a half. Pass Pro looked strangely "familiar".

BWags looked the part. Dickson had some nice punts.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
That is just the way Russ plays. Leads to some spectacular plays, and some cringe worthy moments. It is what it is.

HawkGA

Reaction score
He didn't throw an INT though, didn't each of the other NFC QBs throw INTs?

HawkGA

Reaction score
That's impressive considering Thielen threw one pass.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":jpq5sjpt said:
That is just the way Russ plays. Leads to some spectacular plays, and some cringe worthy moments. It is what it is.

Sorry to say today does not support this at all. The very first sack he was tackled as soon as he turned, with no chance out of it, as to the rest well believe what you want, but I did not see anyone open, and since all the Qbs took sacks I would say it was more a by-product of bad pass protection and bad play calling I mean really 7 points in a Pro Bowl. While I agree he does at times take some Sacks, it is far from cut and dry, an example from this season one he took on a 3rd and 20, no one was open, that would have gotten the first down. So either throw short and punt or try to give them time. I think a lot of people who complain about the sacks don't pay attention to down, distance, the situation if anyone is open, etc. Today was a great example, 1st sack he got hit in under 2 seconds when he turned after the fake no place to do, and still in the pocket.
2nd sack 3rd and 12 none open, 3rd sack 2nd and 7 hit in under 2 seconds and no one open, 4th sack 2nd and 2 hit in under 2 seconds, no one open. The AFC came to play the NFC came to make an appearance. There were 8 sacks in this game 7 on the NFC. The NFC oline was out to lunch.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For me it was quite simple. I would watch how solid the pass pro was for Russ versus the pass pro for Mahomes and it was night and day. It looked like the NFC OL was there to just go through the motions while the AFC OL actually played like it was a real game.

Damn. Even in the Pro Bowl the poor guy can't get protection.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
John63":1fulhn7f said:
Spin Doctor":1fulhn7f said:

Sorry to say today does not support this at all. The very first sack he was tackled as soon as he turned, with no chance out of it, as to the rest well believe what you want, but I did not see anyone open, and since all the Qbs took sacks I would say it was more a by-product of bad pass protection and bad play calling I mean really 7 points in a Pro Bowl. While I agree he does at times take some Sacks, it is far from cut and dry, an example from this season one he took on a 3rd and 20, no one was open, that would have gotten the first down. So either throw short and punt or try to give them time. I think a lot of people who complain about the sacks don't pay attention to down, distance, the situation if anyone is open, etc. Today was a great example, 1st sack he got hit in under 2 seconds when he turned after the fake no place to do, and still in the pocket.
2nd sack 3rd and 12 none open, 3rd sack 2nd and 7 hit in under 2 seconds and no one open, 4th sack 2nd and 2 hit in under 2 seconds, no one open. The AFC came to play the NFC came to make an appearance. There were 8 sacks in this game 7 on the NFC. The NFC oline was out to lunch.

This is the most analysis done on the Pro Bowl...ever. All of them put together.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":kvpw0jro said:
I can’t believe any of you actually watched it.

Well considering it's the last time I will see Russell and Bobby in uniform playing on a football field until September when it matters, it shouldn't be all that surprising.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
John63":v1oahl68 said:
[

The AFC came to play the NFC came to make an appearance. There were 8 sacks in this game 7 on the NFC. The NFC oline was out to lunch.

The NFC Offensive Line was terrible. The Defensive Backfield moved about as quick as a slug and the AFC players ran circles around them. This was about as bad a Pro Bowl game as I have ever seen.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3vao7t2z said:
JSeahawks":3vao7t2z said:

Well considering it's the last time I will see Russell and Bobby in uniform playing on a football field until September when it matters, it shouldn't be all that surprising.

Thoughts and prayers for your loss of 3 hours.

knownone

Reaction score
This was honestly the least talented roster the NFC has had on offense in the last 20 years. It’s kind of hard to judge Russ on his performance given those circumstances.

However, he performed only the slightlest bit better than Trubiskiy and Dak, two guys who are fringe top 15 QBs. How crazy is that? You could make a pretty strong case that 2 of the NFCs 3 QBs are not even top 8 in the NFC.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I didn't bother with the Pro Bowl but Russ had perfect placement in the skills competition. Hard to watch him throwing to Thielen without getting just a little envious though.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
John63":1r2mpzx7 said:
Spin Doctor":1r2mpzx7 said:

Over half of those came from one guy, Russell Wilson. It's just how he plays. He doesn't give up on plays (something he got better at this year).

Not that the pro-bowl really means anything anyways.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ypsa3nb said:
John63":1ypsa3nb said:
Spin Doctor":1ypsa3nb said:

Over half of those came from one guy, Russell Wilson. It's just how he plays. He doesn't give up on plays (something he got better at this year).

Not that the pro-bowl really means anything anyways.

He’s not gonna let it go. It’s his narrative here. It’s like some people try to be blocked. It’s just how he posts.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":tuamksse said:
I can see watching it for the Hawks that played but analyzing it is laughable. It’s the Pro Bowl. There is nothing to analyze. It was for fun. Nobody plays “normal”. They play half effort. The best part to watch was the skills competition Thursday.