Seahawks Will Win Another Super Bowl By 2022. Book It.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agree? Disagree? I am personally convinced of it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I truly believe this is possible, many of the pieces are already here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I would love to be as confident in this prediction, and I do agree that we are on the track to another super bowl with this team, but so many things have to go your way with injuries and such that winning a super bowl is just something I have a hard time putting too much confidence in at this point. Get me into November/December of the right season and my confidence will soar.

D

DomeHawk

It certainly doesn't feel that way the way that last game ended.

Unless we find a better way to adapt, both in game-planning and in-game adapting, I see more of the same.

Seymour

Reaction score
Absolutely possible!! I'd give us about a 20% chance. Unfortunately I do not believe enough in Pete's ability to put together an effective enough offense that could pull this off. The only way I see it is just how the first one happened. A near historic level #1 defense that can help pull the load of our outdated offensive strategy.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really am with you here Aros. We are so fortunate to love a WINNING franchise that always has a chance. Look at how pathetic most of the other franchises are. I live in Lion country, I have seen it every year. Good god, those poor fans.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3lt1ja5h said:
I really am with you here Aros. We are so fortunate to love a WINNING franchise that always has a chance. Look at how pathetic most of the other franchises are. I live in Lion country, I have seen it every year. Good god, those poor fans.

SO true!! I remember when I went to XL* my god those poor fans. I told every one I met that we felt their pain, all the years we were hot garbage. Yet, 14 years later, they still are. Ugh.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I would show greater faith that we make a SB appearance if the team can show progression in the next two years...ie. increase to 11-5 in 2019 and then 12-4 winning the Division in 2020.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think Pete will always have his team competitive and getting home field advantage in the playoffs for his style and this fan base is HUGE. The key to a SB appearance will be getting at least one home game in the playoffs and that really comes down to a couple games breaking our way to get the +2-3 wins needed. The 2012-2015 teams had some horrible games which they won by overcoming the lapses, past few seasons they haven't been able to. With arguably the worst roster (most question marks may be better description) they've had since 2012, this team went to the bell against the NFC champs twice.

Round out starters + improve depth on defense, evolve the offensive side of the ball a bit more to find a better R/P situational balance... don't see why they wouldn't be a top 10 SB odds team for many years ahead.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Totally agree Aros, but we have to be healthy and hot at the right time. Need to stack depth and improve the defense and then it's on like Donkey Kong! This time feels like a band or brothers, again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Very Possible Aros, lets take a look, Holmgren goes to Super Bowl, we lose, team starts to divide, Mora takes over, win 2 games, fans think 40 years before we get another chance. Pete comes in and we are challenging in 2 years, have a great run, LOB ages and fades, were doomed again, 4 - 16 is what people are saying, boom were back in the playoffs while rebuilding, we are trending in the right direction, may not be overnight but health and staying the course with this F.O. has proven they get there or will not leave anything off the table trying.

This is part of the excitement being a fan, watching a Champion being built.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Have to hope the Rams take a step back (which I think they will). We need the 1st round bye.

chris98251

Reaction score
iigakusei":1qmb4i50 said:
Have to hope the Rams take a step back (which I think they will). We need the 1st round bye.

Don't need them to step back, we will knock them back next year.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
My heart says yes, but my head says no.

Honestly I think it'll take a perfect storm to get back to a Superb Owl in the next 4 seasons, let alone win one.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":1pz4velo said:
Seahwkgal":1pz4velo said:

SO true!! I remember when I went to XL* my god those poor fans. I told every one I met that we felt their pain, all the years we were hot garbage. Yet, 14 years later, they still are. Ugh.
And then they hire Bevell. Good god. :laugh:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2nodcmmu said:
Agree? Disagree? I am personally convinced of it.
If the Refs don't pull another 'Clumsy Crap Stunt' like they did with the Saints in the Championship game last weekend?...Absolutely.

"To Err Is Human", To Steer A Game Is Bias....It's not being a "Conspiracy Theorists", it's being a "Realist"

Chapow

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":6a1kew8d said:
My heart says yes, but my head says no.

Honestly I think it'll take a perfect storm to get back to a Superb Owl in the next 4 seasons, let alone win one.

This is where I'm at as well.

In a 32 team league it's really, really difficult for even the very best teams to win it all. So much has to go right and not much can go wrong.

I love the optimism though. :irishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1xca4em2 said:
Very Possible Aros, lets take a look, Holmgren goes to Super Bowl, we lose, team starts to divide, Mora takes over, win 2 games, fans think 40 years before we get another chance. Pete comes in and we are challenging in 2 years, have a great run, LOB ages and fades, were doomed again, 4 - 16 is what people are saying, boom were back in the playoffs while rebuilding, we are trending in the right direction, may not be overnight but health and staying the course with this F.O. has proven they get there or will not leave anything off the table trying.

This is part of the excitement being a fan, watching a Champion being built.

With Pete Carroll it's a different cat....Winning SB48and then going right back the following year tells me that Pete & his Coaching is quite capable of keeping the Seahawks relevant and in the upper third in NFL threats to go all the way.
Many have written him off as too Rah-Rah old school, but going 10 & 6 on a rebuilding season says otherwise.
Those who think he's gotten senile or stupid since SB 48 are talkin' out they arse. :smilingalien:
Pete has kept the Seahawks relevant since his third season Coaching the Seahawks, only missing the playoffs Once since winning it ALL?
I gon be like Paul Allen, "In Pete I trust"

Latest posts