4 years ago today...

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Seahawks make an incredible comeback, and defeat the Packers in the NFCCG. The fake fg for a TD. The onside kick recovery. TD pass to end it in OT. Magical day.

sdog1981

Reaction score
With the way 49 ended. I would rather they have lost this game.

iigakusei

Reaction score
It is funny but I don't have fond memories of this game at all. It definitely isnt on my list of favourite games. SB49 does probably have a lot to do with it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
iigakusei":x79ofoq3 said:
It is funny but I don't have fond memories of this game at all. It definitely isnt on my list of favourite games. SB49 does probably have a lot to do with it.

I remember being so stressed out about the game. Russ with like 4 picks, feeling like NOTHING could go our way. Hell of a finish and I couldn't believe we had won. That was the pinnacle of that season. I think SB49 got cancelled or something.

2013 and 2014, every game seemed like we would win. Even if we were down with just minutes to play in the 4th, I had so much confidence that we would come back and win it with Russ' magic and the elite defense. Never felt anything like it in sports. What a time.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Even though 49 sits badly inside of me, I loved the comeback to win this game! For me being a Seahawks fan that went through the 80’s, 90’s and all the lows, I’m thankful for games like these where this team has done something incredible.

sdog1981

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1ik9gu24 said:
iigakusei":1ik9gu24 said:

I remember being so stressed out about the game. Russ with like 4 picks, feeling like NOTHING could go our way. Hell of a finish and I couldn't believe we had won. That was the pinnacle of that season. I think SB49 got cancelled or something.

2013 and 2014, every game seemed like we would win. Even if we were down with just minutes to play in the 4th, I had so much confidence that we would come back and win it with Russ' magic and the elite defense. Never felt anything like it in sports. What a time.

The bully mystique was gone after that game. From the second half of 2012-NFC Divison round 2015, they just crushed teams when it really mattered. After that their flaws were exposed to the world.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
sdog1981":3j6p09gv said:

:shock:

You would rather they not go to a Super Bowl? The sad thing for me is with the rule changes, they don’t win that game today. The kickoff rules have all but eliminated a chance at recovering an onside kick.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Terrific game. Team showed the resolve that has made it one of the most successful of the past 7 years.

And... quite incredible. 6-7 incredible plays in the last 4 minutes plus ot alone

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
30wqznm

Can’t believe someone would be ok if this never happened. One of the greatest moments in that stadium ever.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1ltumfc3 said:
30wqznm

Can’t believe someone would be ok if this never happened. One of the greatest moments in that stadium ever.

Amen. This (aside of 48) is my favorite game off all time. What we did to come back and win that game...No questionable fail mary’s, no doubts. On the second biggest national stage, against NFL darlings and Rodgers. It was fate that Kearse sucked so bad that game and then Russ STILL trusted him with the dagger in the throat. We’ve never seen Russell so emotional. That man wanted that game so bad and every second that ticked away it was getting more difficult to see a W. He never lost his composure and basically did the unimaginable. To me, that emotion was his faith paying off, not in God, but in the words he constantly speaks. Never doubt.

To erase this game because of the Super Bowl is just silly and seems kinda entitled. It’s an honor to even get there and we went toe to toe with the GOATs. Coach and QB, and THEY didn’t beat us. How about some perspective.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KARAVARUS":23elm1xi said:
Amen. This (aside of 48) is my favorite game off all time. What we did to come back and win that game...No questionable fail mary’s, no doubts. On the second biggest national stage, against NFL darlings and Rodgers. It was fate that Kearse sucked so bad that game and then Russ STILL trusted him with the dagger in the throat. We’ve never seen Russell so emotional. That man wanted that game so bad and every second that ticked away it was getting more difficult to see a W. He never lost his composure and basically did the unimaginable. To me, that emotion was his faith paying off, not in God, but in the words he constantly speaks. Never doubt.

To erase this game because of the Super Bowl is just silly and seems kinda entitled. It’s an honor to even get there and we went toe to toe with the GOATs. Coach and QB, and THEY didn’t beat us. How about some perspective.

Thank you.

OP
OP
H

Hawker8989

Reaction score
The NFC postseason was very strange in 2014. Lions lost a heartbreaker to the Cowboys on a picked up flag. Cowboys then lost to Green Bay on a controversial non catch call. The Packers then screw up an onside kick & fake fg, to lose a heartbreaker to the Seahawks. The Seahawks then lose a devastating game on an interception in the SB. It's almost as if karma somehow made it's way around the NFC.

Donn2390

Reaction score
sdog1981":3lwwvyew said:
I can't believe anyone would make a statement like that...!!??
In that case, every year that they can't win the SB, they should just lose every game they play. Then you would be happy..
Why bother to win any games if you aren't going to win the SB........ Shaking my head in disbelief,,,,,

sdog1981

Reaction score
Donn2390":1lpjnnk4 said:
sdog1981":1lpjnnk4 said:
I can't believe anyone would make a statement like that...!!??
In that case, every year that they can't win the SB, they should just lose every game they play. Then you would be happy..
Why bother to win any games if you aren't going to win the SB........ Shaking my head in disbelief,,,,,

How did you come up with that? I was talking about only two games. The end of 49 ripped the team apart and they only started to recover 4 seasons later.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Dude
Best game ever
I was sure it was over but in like 4 and a half minutes we overcame the biggest deficit in playoff history iirc
Definitely the biggest comeback ever with so little time left on the clock

That right there showed me how good RW can be if they let him go wild
I only wish they'd do that for the entire playoffs but then again , I'm not a HOF of the future head coach
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

At least 3 of those ints were on kearse

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I know a lot of ya’ll are still bitter about 49 but, for me, NOTHING is as bad as XL. Not even close. I still have not watched that game replay and I never will. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":29b11exs said:
I know a lot of ya’ll are still bitter about 49 but, for me, NOTHING is as bad as XL. Not even close. I still have not watched that game replay and I never will. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

Truth