QB Paxton Lynch signed by Seahawks: Furness

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsRadioKJR/status/1086006501209104384[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Another signing who has something to prove. Is this an emerging theme in the early days of roster building?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jmahon316":1nj321p2 said:

John: "Hey Pete, we have the shortest most mobile QB, I'm gonna sign the tallest most immobile QB OK!?"

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mn6tui0 said:
jmahon316":3mn6tui0 said:

John: "Hey Pete, we have the shortest most mobile QB, I'm gonna sign the tallest most immobile QB OK!?"

Maybe if we had Paxton, we would've beat the Cowboys....

...Too soon? :snack: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it will be a good Brady impression so we can learn to tackle a statue.

or

Height: 6 ft 7 in Weight: 244 lb Can he run routes and catch the ball ?

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7udotie4 said:
jmahon316":7udotie4 said:

Does this also imply that Paxton isn't white enough?

Seymour

Reaction score
jmahon316":1a5937cb said:

Pete and John arrogance that we can fix anyone. What does Elway know about NFL QB's? :roll:

Run routes LOL?? Dude runs a 4.9 40 and also likes video games over his craft.

jmahon316

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2zg0ws4z said:
That one was too soon, but a good shot.

I try...sometimes. Swing and a miss is better than striking out, yeah?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":3i28looh said:
jmahon316":3i28looh said:

Pete and John arrogance that we can fix anyone. What does Elway know about NFL QB's? :roll:

Seemingly very little based on the resource's they are still using to find one. Being a HOF and looking for a player to fill your spot has to be hard, knowing what you used to do and hoping someone you see can get it and do it as well or better then your did.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":269thx9x said:
jmahon316":269thx9x said:

Pete and John arrogance that we can fix anyone.

It's a backup QB that may or may not even be on the roster come camp and the regular season. Relax.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39x8djgv said:
Seymour":39x8djgv said:
jmahon316":39x8djgv said:

It's a backup QB that may or may not even be on the roster come camp and the regular season. Relax.

I'm honestly still butthurt though that they didn't keep McGough. Not sure if was an effort thing or a progress thing but I had hopes for the guy, and it sucks seeing him sign with another team so fast.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":377sjwap said:
Seymour":377sjwap said:
jmahon316":377sjwap said:

A) I'm quite relaxed Aaron.

B) He won't be.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tin Foil Hat theory.

They are trading Wilson and need a QB, Paxton is a first rounder that everyone says you have to have to win. It will open up the passing game since he can see to throw the slant patterns over the middle and increase our pass to run ratio. :p

jmahon316

Reaction score
pmedic920":27v2npy9 said:
Paxton + our first round, for a 2nd, 2 third round picks and a 4th and 5th rounder.

Why haven’t y’all figured this stuff out yet.

Idk man, maybe it's just me or the alcohol talking but being a 3rd string QB doesn't really scream offers for draft picks, even a 6th rounder like Hundley.

Also if the Broncos could've gotten those types of picks for him, wouldn't they have?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jmahon316":3nvbv2uj said:
Sgt. Largent":3nvbv2uj said:
Seymour":3nvbv2uj said:
jmahon316":3nvbv2uj said:

I'm honestly still butthurt though that they didn't keep McGough. Not sure if was an effort thing or a progress thing but I had hopes for the guy, and it sucks seeing him sign with another team so fast.

I think the rules are practice squad players can sign with other teams, and the only way to keep them is to match or beat the offer.

So if the Pete and John didn't think McGough was ready to be Russell's every day backup, they had to let him go..........and really it's better for McGough, because now he has a real chance to compete for the QB job in Jacksonville, and at WORST be the backup.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qe65zgd said:
jmahon316":3qe65zgd said:
Sgt. Largent":3qe65zgd said:
Seymour":3qe65zgd said:

I think the rules are other teams can put an offer in on your practice squad players, and the only way to keep them is to promote them to your 52 man roster.

So if the Pete and John didn't think McGough was ready to be Russell's every day backup, they had to let him go..........and really it's better for McGough, because now he has a real chance to compete for the QB job in Jacksonville, and at WORST be the backup.

Yeah but in my opinion, McGough played better in the preseason than Hundley has, I feel like he had a bigger ceiling yet the Hawks stashed him to the PS and gave up another pick for Hundley...I'm just frustrated at the whole situation