Running Backs, personnel questions

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Mike Davis is unrestricted, JD McKissic is a RFA, as is Tre Madden, and then there is the reliably always injured CJ Prosise.

Who will the team keep? Will Mike Davis attract much FA attention?

Is it likely that RFA tenders will be extended to either McKissic or Madden?

It is worth noting the team has Carson, Penny, Scarborough, and Prosise under contract.

Does Prosise make it out of TC? Is there a worthy FB worth drafting this year?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sign Davis and McKissic to friendly deals if they are willing, Prosise as I have said several times should be moved to WR and fill the Tate roll in his way.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't disagree about Prosise but think he might get beaten out at WR, and suspect though that the team is curious about Scarborough and desirous of seeing if he can be added to the mix as a compliment to Carson and Penny. I doubt either of McKissic or Davis get substantial offers. They need a speedy good hands guy for situational plays, which could be McK or Prosise or a draft pick. I can't see the team making a RFA offer to Madden either.

Seymour

Reaction score
Procise has earned a huge deal. Sign him up for another 3 years. No way we win that NE game 2 years ago without him. :twisted:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A one hit wonder, who bogarts the trainer's rooms.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I say, keep 3 RBs and 2 FBs. This is what we did during our SB year (BeastMode, Turbin, Michael, MikeRob &Coleman). When we were a run first team!

Keep Carson and Penny and let Scarborough, McKissic, Prosise, and whomever battle for the 3rd spot.

Keep Madden and find another FB.

chris98251

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3mklt1lu said:
I say, keep 3 RBs and 2 FBs. This is what we did during our SB year (BeastMode, Turbin, Michael, MikeRob &Coleman). When we were a run first team!

Keep Carson and Penny and let Scarborough, McKissic, Prosise, and whomever battle for the 3rd spot.

Keep Madden and find another FB.

Cut Madden and find a FB that can block and catch simular to Reese. Madden has been Mr. Invisable here.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
If they finally cut Procise, this group will automatically be Addition by Subtraction! He is really the only Hawk I cannot stand because he is just claiming checks for doing nothing.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I change my mind. only one FB or none because Madden rarely sees the field.

I dvd’rd the KC game and I counted 5 snaps in the first half. But, he was very good when he’s on the field.

1st Qtr/11:33/1st & 10
Nice lead block. Double team (Crack back by Baldwin) on a LB ..17 yd gain up the sideline by Carson.

1st Qtr/10:30/2nd & 4
Nice lead block. Davis runs thru a lane created by Madden and Fant...7 yd gain and a 1st down.

1st Qtr/6:34/1st & 10
Not a good block. Carson gains 2 yds

1st Qtr/4:54/1st & 10
Pass play. In the pattern...occuply LB. Pass interference on Lockett

2nd Qtr/8:03/2nd & 1
Nice lead block on LB. Carson gains 6 yds and a first down

I know this is a very small sample size, but I don’t see a lot of value in keeping a FB on the roster unless the FB is a ST ace or if they decide to incorporate more next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BubbaGump":vae2jzij said:
If they finally cut Procise, this group will automatically be Addition by Subtraction! He is really the only Hawk I cannot stand because he is just claiming checks for doing nothing.
I don't understand this mentality. Procise is on a cheap contract and players on IR do not take up roster space. I'm sure the training staff is paid well enough to compensate them for looking at far more players than we have every year. Is it the desire to remove an unknown variable and simplify the issue? If so, I would argue that the primary job of the coaching staff is to manage complicated issues that give us the best chance of winning.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
After watching the way the Patriots used James Devlin as their FB it is apparent the Hawks need to revisit their FB position towards the goal of improving the talent level from Madden who was largely invisible all year.

Fade

Reaction score
Mike Davis is most likely gone. He will be too rich for the Seahawks blood. It will allow Penny to slide up the depth chart and get more carries.

I don't think they will tender McKissic, instead choosing to bring him back at lower money. Or they may initially tender him and then work something out before the season starts at a lower number. RFA tender is too much money for someone they will be using so little. I like him, but more at league minimum.

Carson
Penny
Scarbrough
McKissic
Rookie RB competing with the 2 above for a roster spot.

Prosise better not be on the team next year unless he is moved to wideout, even then still probably pointless.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He'll be on PUP before the OTAs start with a sprained hangnail.

knownone

Reaction score
After hearing that Fournette’s value is around a 5th round pick, I’d at least consider trading for him if we can’t resign Davis. Obviously, his contract makes this incredibly unlikely and his play in the field thus far has left a lot to be desired. Still, we are talking about one of the 5 best RB prospects in the last 5 years and he’s only 23.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":2qp3irnj said:
After hearing that Fournette’s value is around a 5th round pick, I’d at least consider trading for him if we can’t resign Davis. Obviously, his contract makes this incredibly unlikely and his play in the field thus far has left a lot to be desired. Still, we are talking about one of the 5 best RB prospects in the last 5 years and he’s only 23.

And a quitter, no thanks. If you don't have the heart you won't make the grade esoatblished here by players like Warner, Warren, and Lynch.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Anyone here watch Bo Scarborough play at ‘bama?

While I appreciate he’s done diddly as a pro I thought he was a pretty hard runner for the Tide.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like a short yardage back or someone to convert to fullback to me. Doesn't have the out of the gate burst from what that read and is a one move and done guy. Really different from what we have, need to run him out of a deep I for him to crash with his power also.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I saw that in his draft profile and wondered how Ir might translate to the usual shotgun formation we run. I’d guess it depends upon the blocking, but he looks like he could be a bruiser.

Tical21

Reaction score
Mike Davis is somewhat of a priority re-sign for me. With as often as we run, we need three, where most teams need two. Carson and Penny both were dinged numerous times, and it's great to have that third option that can truly carry the run game if needed. Also, Carson sometimes runs out of gas a bit, and we need those fresh legs to close out a game. I'm completely on the Penny train, but we need three.