Special Teams Coach

nwHawk

Reaction score
Is anyone surprised we haven't seen a change? It's not like it's only been a problem this year. Our staff needs new direction.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm not surprised given the Cable situation that was let slide for years. That said, should have been the first to go IMO.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not sure all of the ST issues are on coaching. The Seahawks drafted a young punter with a powerful leg who couldn't control it to mimic his coverage team, thus he outkicked his coverage many times to the detriment of his coverage team. There were multiple injuries that impacted the ST teams because the top ST players had to play more meaningful minutes. That severely hampered the ST units. I think he gets a pass for this season but next season if this continues (barring injuries) then he should be given the boot.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Isn't the special teams coach's last name Schneider?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’d like to see a change as the ST have underperformed for a few seasons now and this season cost the team at least one W.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1uoexrxu said:
I'm not sure all of the ST issues are on coaching. The Seahawks drafted a young punter with a powerful leg who couldn't control it to mimic his coverage team, thus he outkicked his coverage many times to the detriment of his coverage team. There were multiple injuries that impacted the ST teams because the top ST players had to play more meaningful minutes. That severely hampered the ST units. I think he gets a pass for this season but next season if this continues (barring injuries) then he should be given the boot.

That wasn't an issue until the Cardinals game and he did it once against Dallas. Can't blame the punter for the poor kickoff coverage. Blocked kicks were also an issue. One against the Rams and two against the Cards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":189b1o30 said:
hawkfan68":189b1o30 said:

That wasn't an issue until the Cardinals game and he did it once against Dallas. Can't blame the punter for the poor kickoff coverage. Blocked kicks were also an issue. One against the Rams and two against the Cards.

Brian Schneider was the ST coach when the special teams were doing well during the 2012-2016 years too. He wasn't the one who made the decision not to resign Hausch. He wasn't the one who thought Blair Walsh and Seabass were worthy to sign in FA.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21lsbew6 said:
WestcoastSteve":21lsbew6 said:
hawkfan68":21lsbew6 said:

Brian Schneider was the ST coach when the special teams were doing well during the 2012-2016 years too. He wasn't the one who made the decision not to resign Hausch. He wasn't the one who thought Blair Walsh and Seabass were worthy to sign in FA.

Our issue is not just at kicker, and that is on Pete and John anyway. Our biggest issues are coverage on kick and punt returns absolutely sucks and has for 2 years, and now we cannot even block for our punter. :pukeface:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Inwould like to think the team would be less reactionary than fans and critically look at ST and what went wrong. Then make changes as appropriate. If all FOs fired coaches as quickly as fans did they’d be the Browns.

That being said, I’m not opposed to a change in direction for ST. Where’s Pete Rodriguez?

chris98251

Reaction score
We typically have great athletes and many starters on special teams, the loss of many players during the year gunners and cover guys on special teams hurt by the end of the year.