PK Sam Ficken Signed To Futures Deal

mrt144

Reaction score
Will we get a chance down the road to say "Ficken A!" when he kicks a game winner? :D

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
mrt144":1ce8fvsb said:
Will we get a chance down the road to say "Ficken A!" when he kicks a game winner? :D

As long as we don't have t say that mother Ficken A!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3h20zx44 said:
This guy missed a 28 yard FG plus he was 3 of 6 with a career long of 34 yard FG.....I guess meets the qualification to be a Seahawk kicker. Let's pray they can find someone much better.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12088/sam-ficken

Players get signed to futures deals all the time and never play a meaningful down. This says to me they're looking at kickers, and not bringing in any retreads. While I can't defend Ficken's performance, he doesn't have a long history like Janikowski or Walsh. Besides, even if he wasn't great in his short time, remember, Hauschka was a castoff injury replacement in both Baltimore and Denver before he got here. My guess is they'll probably sign a couple more kickers before training camp, anyway.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Looks like a warm body for camp and early assessment.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":20j4ad9x said:
mrt144":20j4ad9x said:

As long as we don't have t say that mother Ficken A!!

Wow, you guys aint Ficken around!!!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3b2a3xr6 said:
This guy missed a 28 yard FG plus he was 3 of 6 with a career long of 34 yard FG.....I guess meets the qualification to be a Seahawk kicker. Let's pray they can find someone much better.

In all fairness Myers was a cast off when we signed him last year and people wondered why we signed a retread then they had the nerve to cry about it when he made the Pro Bowl.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3aybk92c said:
hawkfan68":3aybk92c said:

In all fairness Myers was a cast off when we signed him last year and people wondered why we signed a retread then they had the nerve to cry about it when he made the Pro Bowl.

True but even Jason Myers had a career long FG made considerably longer than an extra point try before the Seahawks brought him in. Ficken doesn't.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Myers and Josh Lambo are Ufa. Wonder if we have a shift at either.

Robbie Gould also.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gould is damn good, and it would also hurt the Niners. Would love to see them swoop him up. He missed ONE field goal this season.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10a6tmvj said:
Gould is damn good, and it would also hurt the Niners. Would love to see them swoop him up. He missed ONE field goal this season.

He missed only two the year before. Why we didn't pay him when Chicago let him go, I'll never know. We settled for Walsh instead and you know, the rest is history.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Answer= money, money, money. Money!

Besides that a ST coach who needs to be replaced for significant failure to met expectations.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It appears clear the ST have been a drag on the whole and to me a fresh approach is needed.

Latest posts