Russ and B-Wags are 1 & 2 in career AV from the 2012 draft.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pro Football Reference created AV (Approximate Value) to measure a player's value to their team year-to-year. Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner are #'s 1 and 2 in Career AV amongst all players drafted in the 2012 draft. Only Luke Kuechly is within 10 points of them (specifically, Wagner), and only Kuechly, Andrew Luck, and Fletcher Cox are within 20.

themunn

Reaction score
I remember being gutted we traded down from the pick that the Eagles used to take Cox as I'd been hoping we'd pick him up. Picking him up would have made that a very nice draft indeed!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Don’t know why Luck’s story line irks me but those stats are eye opening. Some say it’s unfair to compare Wilson and Luck since Luck lost a year and half or so of stat padding.

However, currently they’ve pretty much attempted the same amount of passes in thier careers. So I say you can justify concrete comparison. Wilson at 3261 and Luck at 3290.

Despite the 29 less attempts, Wilson has more TDs, less Ints, while handling a much bigger load in the rushing game. And I’m sure if you compared sack/pressure stats, Wilson would have the worst of it, too.

What’s eye-opening to me though... Wilson has a higher completion rate and more overall passing yards. Which surprised me because Luck’s offenses have typically been high-volume, high completion rate passing schemes where as Wilson uses his checkdowns less than most QBs I’ve seen other than maybe Rodgers and Wilson is often asked to make more difficult, dangerous throws.

So that’s crazy to me that Wilson, a QB that you can say had worst Olines than Luck but in virtually the same amount of career passing attempts Wilson is better than Luck in every statistic while carrying a bigger load running the ball which I should include things like having to sell play-action, utilize RPO at a higher rate as well as overlooked details like becoming a blocker.

I’m not saying Luck is a bad QB, he has been very good for the most part, but I just don’t understand the narrative when people think Luck is like 10x the QB Wilson is for some reason. That chart shows as close of a comparison you can get and Wilson has been better.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see how our 2013-2015 drafts match up with the rest of the league. Might be better explain our recent shortcomings.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
What a coincidence, they're number 1 and 2 in my made up stat too. Julius Jones and Eddie Lacy didn't even make the top 1 million FYI.