How many weeks are the Haters going to be here

chris98251

Reaction score
When we were winning these posters hid under a rug, would not raise their heads and stayed in the basement.

We lose a game that we were going in handicapped as in playing in another stadium, we have two O lineman that in any other game would have been inactive due to injuries, a CB that was playing injured and toughing it out, another injured during the game, Baldwin playing with 4 injuries. Add that we were playing against someone that knew our defense and offense almost as well as we know ourselves and the players strengths and weaknesses.

We overcame a lot to get there and the team learned a lot being there, Pete may have been to late to let Schotty open it up, yes Pete controls those strings. I look at it as more like the Atlanta game in Russ's first year, a few mistakes made at crucial times. We need health, a bit of luck and playing smarter and mistake free as much as possible to win games like this. Throw in we had no kicker to close out the game if we got close but not in the end zone and we were really playing up hill.

We really did well considering the situation if you look past things just on the surface.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Although I was pissed off about how it ended 10-6 was a very successful year. This team wasn't gonna win a super bowl this year but there is lots to build on and areas that need definite improvement. Hoping they are even better next year.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":pr794v3g said:
When we were winning these posters hid under a rug, would not raise their heads and stayed in the basement.

We lose a game that we were going in handicapped as in playing in another stadium, we have two O lineman that in any other game would have been inactive due to injuries, a CB that was playing injured and toughing it out, another injured during the game, Baldwin playing with 4 injuries. Add that we were playing against someone that knew our defense and offense almost as well as we know ourselves and the players strengths and weaknesses.

We overcame a lot to get there and the team learned a lot being there, Pete may have been to late to let Schotty open it up, yes Pete controls those strings. I look at it as more like the Atlanta game in Russ's first year, a few mistakes made at crucial times. We need health, a bit of luck and playing smarter and mistake free as much as possible to win games like this. Throw in we had no kicker to close out the game if we got close but not in the end zone and we were really playing up hill.

We really did well considering the situation if you look past things just on the surface.

Well said and I believe you are spot on regarding Pete pulling on the reigns too much. Not sure if it's more of an ego thing or he's just incredibly stubborn, but it really does bite us in the butt sometimes...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Oh, and I'd give it another week or so for the haters to drift away.

The board traffic is already declining big time around here. They'll be bandwagon cheering other teams soon...

misfit

Reaction score
Not everyone who criticizes shotty or Pete is a "hater". The coaching staff is not without blame

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":dzpbnovm said:

I agree with what you are saying, and am not asking for anyone's head. I am making the point we lost due to waiting too long to adjust. Yes, there were people playing hurt and not 100% but the game still could have been won if they adjusted before halfway through the 4th qtr. Hopefully, PC will learn and open it up sooner, maybe blend in some of the late 2015 concepts, and maybe allow them to go for it from the beginning of the game instead of waiting till the end.

LTH

Reaction score
Well... Its simple... Just run Carroll out of town... Trade Wilson for a sixth round pick as No QB should be paid his salary he sucks anyways... We need an elite QB... Bring back Mora with Bevell as his OC... :sarcasm_on:

That should fix everything! Oh yeah, I forgot Drink more beer until you get that southern drawl...

LMAO!

LTH

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LTH":2qjmf7bu said:
Well... Its simple... Just run Carroll out of town... Trade Wilson for a sixth round pick as No QB should be paid his salary he sucks anyways... We need an elite QB... Bring back Mora with Bevell as his OC... :sarcasm_on:

That should fix everything! Oh yeah, I forgot Drink more beer until you get that southern drawl...

LMAO!

LTH

You forgot Dilly Dilly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2h7riffs said:

The board traffic is already declining big time around here. They'll be bandwagon cheering other teams soon...
:lol:
I've seen decline but it's been almost 2 years ago when it happened.
I think you are wrong in this regard..I think it's actually doing pretty
good today..I could of course be wrong.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Pete and his philosophy is the only reason this team even made the playoffs. There was a reason so many prognosticators looked at our roster and predicted 4-12 or 6-10. The "haters" lack context. Carroll absolutely deserves coach of the year:

Massive roster turnover losing several Pro Bowl players: Sherm, Bennett, Avril, Richardson, Kam, Graham...
No Earl Thomas most of the year.
No KJ Wright most of the year.
No healthy Doug Baldwin 90% of the year.
Young, inexperienced guys like Tedric Thompson and Tre Flowers starting at vital positions.
Integrating new OL schemes
Adapting to new offensive and defensive coordinators
No true #1 WR or TE.
Banged up OL half the season.

The list goes on and on and on. This team should not have made the playoffs. Yet they went 10-6 and would have been 11-5 if the refs in the 49ers game were even semi-competent. That's extraordinary to me. I would rank our roster in the bottom third of the league, yet Pete gets journeymen, rookies, late round picks, UDFAs, to play hard and fast. He emphasizes a system that wins. It's incredible.

Yet we have bozos calling this Martyball. When did Marty Schottenheimer ever win a championship? Carroll's style works. It was working in Dallas too, until the game suddenly got away from them in the 4th quarter. The Colts and Cowboys are largely adopting Pete's run first philosophy as are many teams.

I wish Pete were ten years younger and could coach the Seahawks another decade.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I believe the answer to the OP is March. Ya see, the bears lost, which of course means they went back to sleep in their dens. Their dens were the basements where the hatahs gonna Hait. So they been kicked outa thaiuh realm. March Madness conquers all. It is what fixes the fix when they need a fix to be fixed. WHat is this fixation on fixes that need to be fixed?

I need another cup of coffee. :thcoffee:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
misfit":ti8cits1 said:
Not everyone who criticizes shotty or Pete is a "hater". The coaching staff is not without blame

Id agree here.

However, there are a handful who simply persist with a narrative and push that in every post, even when it doesnt fit. Case in point is in this thread and thats more of what Chris is alluding to.

Critique and ctiticism is expected. Bashing the coach or qb simply to grind an ax all season is unnecessary.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ari37512 said:
semiahmoo":ari37512 said:

:lol:
I've seen decline but it's been almost 2 years ago when it happened.
I think you are wrong in this regard..I think it's actually doing pretty
good today..I could of course be wrong.

It is wrong. Board traffic and membership is way up.

But he cant miss an opportunity to push a passive aggressive nareative.

uncle fester

Reaction score
There will always be posters who are incapable of finding positive aspects in a disappointing result. They appear after losses with toothless critiques and childish demands on the team, then vanish for another season, only surfacing again after the first loss in the following season. The closest ananolgy I can think of is a zit. It shows up, serves no discernible purpose, causes mild anguish and then leaves.

Some people are just not happy unless they are not happy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm more bummed than anything that the season is over. Not mad in the least, really disappointed in the play calling. But, this team was supposed to suck, and they won 10 games, were fun to watch, and clearly could have done some damage. Fun year, positive year imo.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This is more with the national than haters here but I'll throw my annoyance with it here. Carroll and Shotty are sure easy targets for people to pile on when things go badly. I thought I saw 2 coaches / staffs get treated totally differently this weekend. Our coaches were getting killed on twitter for the game plan and offensive play calling and rightly so imo, for sticking with something clearly not working.
Well the same thing was going on yesterday in Baltimore. Yet from the same people I wasn't seeing anything criticiszng the Ravens for sticking with what wasn't working.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Since I'm over 7 score old, I remember "Martyball". Marty was fired from San Diego because he could get SD to the playoffs but no farther, 10-6 and etc., wasn't good enough. That said, I believe the Chargers have underwhelmed pretty much ever since until possibly TY and that's a long time. To quote Joanie Mitchell: "Sometimes you don't know what you got tell it's gone."