"Time To Throw" for Seahawks--according to USA Today

kidhawk

Reaction score
Without reading the article I’d say it’s either written by a pass happy type of nfl fan or a Dallas fan hoping we don’t keep doing what got us this far. Either way we need to keep doing what we do

kobebryant

Reaction score
Re-read "Time to throw" as it relates to sacks/pass protection and not as in "it is time to throw" and it makes more sense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We'll see, every single one of the 4-12 /5-11 prognosticators had written the team off and didn't believe a focus on running would allow success. We all know how wrong they were.

On this the assumption is the Hawks don't have a passing game and thus they are screwed. To me the game against KC proved they can hang in there in shoot out situations. Suspect that post was written by someone who is ill ignore in terms of whaat this year's team can actually do.

Seymour

Reaction score
The title reads....."One weakness for Every Team".

They picked the low hanging fruit, our last in the NFL passing attempts.

WOW....huge surprise for a lazy writer. They picked us at 4-12 this year correct? Why listen, why care? :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1tp9v8zg said:
According to USA Today, our run-based offense is a weakness, going into the the playoffs.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 468093002/

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not what the article says, it says our passing offense is our "one weakness"..............as in the entire premise of the article was to come up with one weakness for every playoff team.

If you disagree, what would you say our one weakness is? Right now I'd say special teams, it's been abysmal over the past 3-4 weeks. Missed FG's, blocked punts, terrible tackling on KO returns.

This better be cleaned up come Saturday, because this is the kind of stuff that wins and loses playoff games.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Seymour":m6voo2as said:
The title reads....."One weakness for Every Team".

They picked the low hanging fruit, our last in the NFL passing attempts.

WOW....huge surprise for a lazy writer. They picked us at 4-12 this year correct? Why listen, why care? :roll:

Right???

Last in pass attempts because we're the only team who rushes more than they pass. That's pretty easy math, lol. I wonder if it's ok that Russ has the best QB rating in the league?

:sarcasm_off:

It's actually funny to me how lazy some writer continue to be.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The NFL is cyclical. Teams started to run spread type offenses which required smaller quicker defenders. So now a power run NFL team will have the advantage against teams that carry fewer linebackers then they used to. Pounding Dlines that have smaller players then they used to. Power run will be hip again and a bunch of teams will switch to 4-3 in an attempt to stop it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
So Wilson is near the long end of the league in time-to-throw? In other words, the sun has been rising in the east for a while. Details at 11.

Of course, in Wilson's case, he's running around and extending plays, not just standing in the pocket.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, because it's always a good idea to abandon one's team identity going into the playoffs. That'll surprise everybody.

:34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Kind of like my Huskies did in the 1st half of the Rose Bowl. Let's give one of the best RB's in the country 7 total carries in the 1st half. :pukeface: :rumble: :rumble:

John63

Reaction score
Having read this article, I agree it is about time to throw. The fact that Wilson is amongst the league leaders in taking long to throw. That said, It also says the sack total is a result of that which is untrue. While some are due to holding the ball, some of which is by design, some of which is making something out of nothing, some is not taking chances and some it just Wilson. What it does not take into account is that Wilson was also top 5 in hits, hurried and pressures and top 5 in hits hurried, pressured in under 2 seconds. One of the reasons we do run so much, besides it working is it slows up the pass rush, All that aside, picking this as our "issue" is completely ignoring the most obvious one which is ST.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
For those that didn’t actually read the article -most- this is in no way implying our run game is a weakness. It’s not saying “time to throw” as in bail on the run. It’s literally saying the time Russ has taken to throw the ball when he drops back is near the bottom in the league.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
sutz":ycv0vs6g said:
Yeah, because it's always a good idea to abandon one's team identity going into the playoffs. That'll surprise everybody.

:34853_doh:
Darrell Bevell likes this.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I have to agree with what the article says. They need to work on getting the ball out quicker on pass plays. Whether it's Russ or long developing plays, it is one area that needs improvement and it really doesn't require draft picks to fix.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We are a big play team with a big play QB. We use the running game to slow the pass rush because we don't have elite pass protection. Literally EVERY big play QB holds the ball. It's the literal definition of being a big play QB, extend plays or let the play develop, which typically takes about 3 seconds. We have the best turnover differential in the league, if they want a dink and dunk offense they can look elsewhere

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Time to throw and we picked you at 4 and 12 to begin the year
How's that going ?
10 and 6 you say
Oh , I guess we'll shut the hell up then
Hacks

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nhrw09uv said:
Lords of Scythia":nhrw09uv said:
According to USA Today, our run-based offense is a weakness, going into the the playoffs.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 468093002/

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not what the article says, it says our passing offense is our "one weakness"..............as in the entire premise of the article was to come up with one weakness for every playoff team.

If you disagree, what would you say our one weakness is? Right now I'd say special teams, it's been abysmal over the past 3-4 weeks. Missed FG's, blocked punts, terrible tackling on KO returns.

This better be cleaned up come Saturday, because this is the kind of stuff that wins and loses playoff games.

That makes more sense as a premise but it really is a lazy one. We do have a passing game, it’s just fed by the running game. If I were to pick a weakness it’d probably be the pass defense and most notably the pass rush. It has really been hit and miss (feast or famine)

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The only problem I have with this offense is that within it, there is no urgency to sustain drives and score points. We are perfectly happy to run 6-7 plays and punt in games where the score is close. What this does is it gives the appearance that we are playing down to the teams we should be blowing out and hanging tough with teams on our level—its why we vastly look inconsistent and constantly remain under everyone’s radar. National pundits SAW us beat the Chiefs on national TV and then they HEARD we lost to the 49’ers in Santa Clara. They have no frame of reference that we were penalized more than we’ve ever been before, or that we played with no urgency to score. I’ve heard that loss mentioned several times as a reason we lose on Saturday, without any context. Our offense is great, the plays we run are great—they are not called with any sense of urgency until they have to be. The only time we are going to blow someone out is when the defense and/or the special teams exceed and join the party.

Speaking of special teams and weaknesses. Yeah, ST is it for us and we can’t have that. The last time these teams met in the playoffs, it came down to ST—let’s not forget.