A thread that's not about officiating

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
While the penalties sucked, I won't get into debating their merit or lack thereof. Instead I'll point a finger to the biggest contribution to this loss.

We are down to our 3rd string at Safety and 3rd string RG. OF COURSE we're going to struggle. We should have stuck with our two high looks from last weeks game and not had a 3rd stringer be our single point of failure deep. I also bet Solari comes unglued about those stupid holding penalties on Pocic.

D-Line Play was solid
Offense put up 23 points (again SOLID)
168yds rushing SOLID
Carson 119 YDS rushing SOLID
Russ 2 TD tosses, 0ints, 117rtg SOLID
Dickson punted like a magician

Some might say this is a bad sign going forward. Maybe with an older and experienced team, those folks could be right. This young group is HUNGRY for a big win. KC is in for a rude awakening at the CLINK Sunday night.

GO HAWKS

Seahawk

Reaction score
Yes, we did pretty well. Props to the 49ers for upping their game from two weeks ago... they played much tougher last night.

94Smith

Reaction score
Uhhh. 49 ers 3rd and 4th string WRs. 4 th and 5th string RBs. 3rd string UDFA QB . 3rd and 4th string LBs. 3rd string DB opposite Sherman. I’ve lost track of the safeties..... teams never stay healthy

94Smith

Reaction score
I also agree that KC is going to have a rough game in Seattle

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
94Smith":19dt4qe4 said:

Their hands will be full. If we play hard and execute, it could be the playoff clencher.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't give guys like Thompson, Hill, Flowers and Griffin a pass. I just can't.

These are all experienced ENOUGH defensive backs now that they should have played much better then they did, especially against a not very good WR corp and 3rd string QB.

I get that no McDougald is a big loss, but Hill is a 3rd round pick from Michigan, and has been on the team for two years now.

For as good as this group looked last week? They were REALLY bad this week...........and Griffin complaining about the call against him after the game? C'mon dude, you've gotten torched all year on those deep seam and in routes. You're our #1 DB, when are you going to make a damn play?

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3kp9qr1m said:
94Smith":3kp9qr1m said:

Their hands will be full. If we play hard and execute, it could be the playoff clencher.

I think that the only way that the KC game can be a clincher is if Washington loses on Saturday. Right?

I mean, if the Seahawks were to beat KC but somehow lose to AZ (I know what you're saying; just play along for fun), and Washington also is at 9-7, I think the tiebreaker would come down to "strength of victory", since the NFC records would be identical. The Seahawks are slightly ahead of Washington under the SOV criteria and probably would be when all is said and done. However, it would be razor close (maybe even one game here or there) and would depend upon what in reality would otherwise be a bunch of meaningless games played by mostly bad teams that Seattle and Washington beat earlier this year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ehhcp0gn said:
I can't give guys like Thompson, Hill, Flowers and Griffin a pass. I just can't.

These are all experienced ENOUGH defensive backs now that they should have played much better then they did, especially against a not very good WR corp and 3rd string QB.

I get that no McDougald is a big loss, but Hill is a 3rd round pick from Michigan, and has been on the team for two years now.

For as good as this group looked last week? They were REALLY bad this week...........and Griffin complaining about the call against him after the game? C'mon dude, you've gotten torched all year on those deep seam and in routes. You're our #1 DB, when are you going to make a damn play?

To be fair though, he played that ball perfectly. Whether in slowmo or real time, that penalty was completely unwarranted.

Does he get beat too much?...yes

Does he have a serious problem not getting his head turned around to avoid dpi and/or possibly get a pick?...fosho

On that dpi though, he did a great job.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2tb7hgrq said:
Sgt. Largent":2tb7hgrq said:

To be fair though, he played that ball perfectly. Whether in slowmo or real time, that penalty was completely unwarranted.

Does he get beat too much?...yes

Does he have a serious problem not getting his head turned around to avoid dpi and/or possibly get a pick?...fosho

On that dpi though, he did a great job.

To me there was a slight hold early in the route, and then very little evidence of PI.

As I just typed in another thread, the refs should be trained to use discretion and know the moment in the game and not make it about them and decide the game on ticky tack calls. So if they're going to call something on that play? You call the 5 yard hold, and not the 15 yard PI that is 50/50 at BEST.

Too many games are decided late by questionable flags, and that should ever happen. Swallow the whistle, or at LEAST know the moment in the game and use a little discretion.

But again, I hate whining, and from a DB that hasn't made a damn play since the Chicago game in week 2. The entire defensive backfield played like dog crap, they didn't earn the right to complain about any calls yesterday.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I wonder if SAFETY is becoming a bigger need pick in the draft. Perhaps not with the 1-st round pick, but MAYBE with whatever ends up being their second pick? Say: Taylor Rapp maybe? ET is likely done as a Seahawk so, maybe it's time to replace him..... for the good of the defense.

:smilingalien:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":2w7l1wyj said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2w7l1wyj said:
94Smith":2w7l1wyj said:

I think that the only way that the KC game can be a clincher is if Washington loses on Saturday. Right?

I mean, if the Seahawks were to beat KC but somehow lose to AZ (I know what you're saying; just play along for fun), and Washington also is at 9-7, I think the tiebreaker would come down to "strength of victory", since the NFC records would be identical. The Seahawks are slightly ahead of Washington under the SOV criteria and probably would be when all is said and done. However, it would be razor close (maybe even one game here or there) and would depend upon what in reality would otherwise be a bunch of meaningless games played by mostly bad teams that Seattle and Washington beat earlier this year.

No, win and in. Seahawks control their own destiny. It was that way yesterday too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2z74i7ub said:
I wonder if SAFETY is becoming a bigger need pick in the draft. Perhaps not with the 1-st round pick, but MAYBE with whatever ends up being their second pick? Say: Taylor Rapp maybe? ET is likely done as a Seahawk so, maybe it's time to replace him..... for the good of the defense.

:smilingalien:

Free safety for sure, McDougald's only 28 and playing at a high level. But yes IMO our most glaring off season needs are pass rusher and safety.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seahawk":1wtqg8in said:
Yes, we did pretty well. Props to the 49ers for upping their game from two weeks ago... they played much tougher last night.

That they did.

We cut our penalties in half and we likely win.

That said - the Seahawks are a lot more fun to watch this season than the last couple.

GO HAWKS!!!!

justafan

Reaction score
Special teams made huge mistakes that cost us big time. 7 points on KR,XP miss, block in the back that cost field position and a bobbled kick off that put us inside the 15. We arnt quite good enough yet to survive those mistakes.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah I thought SFplayed with some serious intensity, didn't look like a 2 win team. That said I think Seattle played pretty intense as well. Reminded me of our 2012, 2013 rivalry.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lmj4r8p said:

Gotta agree with the man above's post..Suck it up and play the damn game like you
have been trained to with no excuses..The fact the niner fan earlier posted that they was
using many 3-4th stringers makes it even more glaring..

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2p17ofsz said:
Silver Hawk":2p17ofsz said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2p17ofsz said:
94Smith":2p17ofsz said:

No, win and in. Seahawks control their own destiny. It was that way yesterday too.

Yes it was, yesterday. That’s because it was an NFC conference game. If the Seahawks would have won but then lost the next 2 games, they would have had a better conference record than Washington (assuming Washington were to win out). As it is now, if they beat KC (not an NFC game) but lose to AZ, they would be tied with Washington at 9-7 and equal conference records of 7-5.

So - what am I missing? How would it be possible for Seattle to clinch next week if Washington does not lose?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fact is:
We hit our usual winning numbers. We rushed for 169 yds. We hit on 9-19 3rd downs. We limited them to 3/10 thirds downs. We won the turnover battle.

The only thing that was off our charts was the penalties. Whether thats sloppiness or home cooking, I'll let the fans opine. But this was our usual game and we played it to a T. It's just the 14 penalties are too hard for any team to overcome and I have no idea how a team that's been averaging 4 penalties a game the last two weeks suddenly gets 14. And 10 in the second half. That's a bit fishy even for me.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Mad Dog":s8bnzpjj said:
Fact is:
We hit our usual winning numbers. We rushed for 169 yds. We hit on 9-19 3rd downs. We limited them to 3/10 thirds downs. We won the turnover battle.

The only thing that was off our charts was the penalties. Whether thats sloppiness or home cooking, I'll let the fans opine. But this was our usual game and we played it to a T. It's just the 14 penalties are too hard for any team to overcome and I have no idea how a team that's been averaging 4 penalties a game the last two weeks suddenly gets 14. And 10 in the second half. That's a bit fishy even for me.

Preach brother!