Fun Game. 49's played great. Still loving this year's Hawks.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Would have been nice to wrap up a trip to the playoffs but even in defeat the Seahawks sure are fun/exciting to watch this year.

No real blame to go around. A few questionable calls, missed opportunities, etc., but that's football and today the other team came to play and defend their home turf. Good on them.Their defense really stepped it up. Wasn't expecting that but it shows they have some players with pride and I give them props.

We had a chance. They won it.

So be it.

GO HAWKS!!!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
You mean you don't think we are hot garbage after being considered the best team in league by many here. I am with you on the even keeled attitude. Sloppy game but not indicative of who we are. Might actually be good going into next week to get them fired up. Sloppy ball on our part. Weather did not help either.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":36st5o01 said:
You mean you don't think we are hot garbage after being considered the best team in league by many here. I am with you on the even keeled attitude. Sloppy game but not indicative of who we are. Might actually be good going into next week to get them fired up. Sloppy ball on our part. Weather did not help either.

Those who actually thought we were the best team in the league were sniffing too much from the glue hype jar. That's the silly fan crowd who get stupid happy when we win one and stupid down when we lose.

That said, the season has been much better than hoped for not just by ignorant fans, but yes, but some within the organization who were seeing what we had to work with over the course of last summer following one of the most contentious behind-the-scenes seasons in some time. (Later confirmed via media reports after first spoken of by me in here.)

Schotty's influence has been huge, making Russ much better (okay, he had a so-so game today but the guy is human) and resulting in some wins which lifted the whole team's attitude and focus.

I hope we sneak into the playoffs but if we don't it's still been one of the most entertaining seasons in recent memory.

On to next week.

GO HAWKS!!!

Slick

Reaction score
I think we are an average team who is lucky enough to be in a weak conference this year. I’m ver happy and comfortable with our current situation. We weren’t supposed to even be in it at this point.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Slick":3g6trr7o said:
I think we are an average team who is lucky enough to be in a weak conference this year. I’m ver happy and comfortable with our current situation. We weren’t supposed to even be in it at this point.

Agree, except would add that we are at times a very good team, but not yet familiar enough with all the changes to be at that level consistently week in and out like truly elite teams manage to be.

We would be dangerous in the playoffs though.

And as you said, we've already far exceeded expectations of most going into this season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
From what I saw, SEA was tired from the short week and assumed they could clean up at Santa Clara. GOD, SEA was slipping all over the place with their shoes due to rain...I'm sorry but that is something SEA is used to more than Santa Clara.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I think the Hawks can beat anyone and can be beat my anyone. I remember when we lost to the Rams late in 2015 at home (Austin Davis game) it was a nice wakeup call for our team.

And yes some realism around here would be nice. There were people talking about us going into Chicago and kicking the Bears butt which is just silly. This team is willing to fight and go toe to toe with anyone but I hope people would accept the team is pretty flawed.

Slick

Reaction score
I think this game highlights the need for depth too. Next year we need to strengthen our bench further.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Please, San Fran got the benefit of numerous calls that brought first downs back and then some.

Even the callers were saying this game is called "tight" but much of the penalties were against the Hawks.

Terrible officiating.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2wds8uv8 said:
I think the Hawks can beat anyone and can be beat my anyone. I remember when we lost to the Rams late in 2015 at home (Austin Davis game) it was a nice wakeup call for our team.

And yes some realism around here would be nice. There were people talking about us going into Chicago and kicking the Bears butt which is just silly. This team is willing to fight and go toe to toe with anyone but I hope people would accept the team is pretty flawed.

Indeed. We win a few games and some are saying we are going to win it all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're a better than average team that sometimes plays great football but we are still far from a consistently great team.

GO HAWKS!!!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Your insight is just so amazing. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hoxrox":3mny24b9 said:
Your insight is just so amazing. Keep up the good work.

Nah, I just pass it along. An NFL team is a big company operation. Lots of people involved who don't mind sharing things during family get-togethers, etc.

A few sad discontents in here go all growly and such sometimes when that info is passed along and it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh - but at the end of the day, right is right.

I'll say this - nobody thought the team was going to do as well as it has and that includes Pete. We were just holding on and hoping for the best and wondering what the future was going to hold.

They're all still holding on and hoping for the best but having much better time of it than they thought they would.

GO HAWKS!!!

(Seahawks Reddit Approved)

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":22gk7aea said:
From what I saw, SEA was tired from the short week and assumed they could clean up at Santa Clara. GOD, SEA was slipping all over the place with their shoes due to rain...I'm sorry but that is something SEA is used to more than Santa Clara.

49's came to play. I do think their intensity caught us a bit off guard.

Props to them for playing a tough game. It was a fun to watch.

GO HAWKS!!!

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I agree that the 49'rs wanted this win and played hard for it.

It was within our grasp but too many mistakes and penalties on out part. (Even with the questionable calls).

Also agree about the tendency to hype and get ahead of ourselves with expectations. They do show flashes of brilliance, but then there are days like today. It's a work in progress.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BleuEyedHawk":1mvrgjq1 said:
I agree that the 49'rs wanted this win and played hard for it.

It was within our grasp but too many mistakes and penalties on out part. (Even with the questionable calls).

Also agree about the tendency to hype and get ahead of ourselves with expectations. They do show flashes of brilliance, but then there are days like today. It's a work in progress.

RIGHT ON.

Work in progress that is progressing much better than many thought it would this season.

For now, enjoy the entertaining season we've had and the games left. We might even see a playoff run. Who knows?

GO HAWKS!

tifferradish

Reaction score
You think it’s fun watching the Hawks lose? Eff the 9ers, this loss could come back to haunt us.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
tifferradish":zdyi3gez said:
You think it’s fun watching the Hawks lose? Eff the 9ers, this loss could come back to haunt us.

Yup. Always enjoy a hard fought game. Sure, the win would be nice but never thought ten weeks ago we'd be fighting for a playoff spot now.

That's awesome. The team has given us a great season and players like Russ, Wagz, and Carson are having elite seasons. (That Carson TD goaline run today - man, that was pure, 100%, determined GUTS. Love it.)

GO HAWKS!!

jachba

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":273b0wu2 said:

You should have seen our team's official board after the loss to Denver. If you had suggested after that game that the Chargers would then go on to win the next four games and that two of them would be comeback wins against the Steelers and Chiefs, a majority of board members would have thought you were smoking something funny.

My guess is that this loss to the 49'ers is an aberration and as you said, not indicative of who you are. I didn't see anything to change my opinion that your team matches up very well against the Chiefs and that your team is dangerous to a squad like K.C. For example, the field conditions were horrendous and the only TD the 49'ers offense scored occurred because one of your team's defenders slipped on the grass and fell. On top of that, your team was flagged for 14 penalities for 148 yards. Neither situation is likely to present itself a week from now at CenturyLink Field.

Your team will be fine.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
jachba":1qqbfwop said:
Year of The Hawk":1qqbfwop said:

You should have seen our team's official board after the loss to Denver. If you had suggested after that game that the Chargers would then go on to win the next four games and that two of them would be comeback wins against the Steelers and Chiefs, a majority of board members would have thought you were smoking something funny.

My guess is that this loss to the 49'ers is an aberration and as you said, not indicative of who you are. I didn't see anything to change my opinion that your team matches up very well against the Chiefs and that your team is dangerous to a squad like K.C. For example, the field conditions were horrendous and the only TD the 49'ers offense scored occurred because one of your team's defenders slipped on the grass and fell. On top of that, your team was flagged for 14 penalities for 148 yards. Neither situation is likely to present itself a week from now at CenturyLink Field.

Your team will be fine.

Well said.

Carry on.

Playoffs or not - going to be another very interesting offseason...