Brock Huard and Michael Bennett Twitter interaction

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Anyone else see this? What do you guys think?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/1072361323319779328[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/1072365782334623744[/tweet]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
And, without getting into specifics, I think I can predict where this "dialogue" will go, at least behind closed doors.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I think there is too much bashing of former players. Bennett was great when he was here. Helped the Seahawks win a Super Bowl. He got traded for practically nothing and made a stupid comment after the fact about not paying attention during team meetings. We had an amazing defense when Bennett was here and healthy. The defense would be better today if they had the cap space to afford Bennett and knew he would stay healthy.

Groupthink often becomes an echo chamber of ignorance.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Brock with the "i know you are but what am i?" retort.

Oldie... but goodie.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawknation2018":24nvgfhq said:
I think there is too much bashing of former players. Bennett was great when he was here. Helped the Seahawks win a Super Bowl. He got traded for practically nothing and made a stupid comment after the fact about not paying attention during team meetings. We had an amazing defense when Bennett was here and healthy. The defense would be better today if they had the cap space to afford Bennett and knew he would stay healthy.

These are natural reactions to the bevy of media members and former players who criticized PC and guaranteed this team was dead long before kickoff in Denver.

This is schadenfreud... and well earned.

Also.. the team would be a lot of things if people stayed healthy, stayed positive, etc. They didnt, and on the way out made themselves clear what they thought. Bennett didnt just say he wasnt paying attention, he said there was nothing worth paying attention to. Thats a marked difference

AgentDib

Reaction score
No sympathy for Bennett here. He absolutely could have helped us on the field this season but we had to move him for locker room reasons and that's 100% on him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
AgentDib":2ivethil said:
No sympathy for Bennett here. He absolutely could have helped us on the field this season but we had to move him for locker room reasons and that's 100% on him.

It was 90% salary/age/injuries. If Bennett were 26 years old and healthy, we don’t even think about trading him. Same for Sherman.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
That couldn't be from Brock Huard. If it was, it would have said "While the past defensive stars and Pro Bowlers thought it was all about them, it was all about their contributions, it was all about building themselves, building their reputations, building their brands..." Because that's how he speaks, and it's why I turn off the radio when he starts talking. Not that his contributions are crap, but that I just stand listening to that speaking style.

sdog1981

Reaction score
AgentDib":1xuntrcm said:

Bennett is having a huge season with the Eagles.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2utfeezq said:
AgentDib":2utfeezq said:

It was 90% salary/age/injuries. If Bennett were 26 years old and healthy, we don’t even think about trading him. Same for Sherman.

BS. The Seahawks are paying $5M to get rid of him and only saved $1.6M getting rid of him. Show me another Dlineman that you can get for $1.6M with his numbers. Not to mention this is the first year of his new 3 year deal and he never even made the 1st year of that. That is called a fire sale, get him out of here and fast!! :roll:

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1c44e31t said:

An issue they (Sherman) created by being unnamed sources ripping coaches and players and especially RW.

This team could have moved.on quietly but those players elected to keep yapping. So guess what - now the fanbase turned on them while still appreciating what they did.

You see one bad word about Avril?...

Seahawker

Reaction score
In 2018 negative seems to have new definitions, it can mean speaking truth, true or be a rational statement. It now frequently is someone confronted with something they perceive as not politically correct or a football player who has to eat crow. - I don't miss MB's offsides penalties..., is that being negative?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2tznv9qv said:
Unnecessary on both of their parts.

Brock's a jock on the radio, he's entitled to his opinions.

In fact, I love ex players that aren't afraid to criticize and give their opinions. I love Cliff Avril, but he's too safe on the radio because he never wants to say anything negative about his buddies.

So good for Brock.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
His production didnt decline, hasnt declined. Stats are useful here in clearing up appearance.

His attitude towards the team did.

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":2mcgmfly said:
hawknation2018":2mcgmfly said:

An issue they (Sherman) created by being unnamed sources ripping coaches and players and especially RW.

This team could have moved.on quietly but those players elected to keep yapping. So guess what - now the fanbase turned on them while still appreciating what they did.

You see one bad word about Avril?...

True, but only most of the fanbase. A small segment has chosen to distort and ignore facts, put on the blinders, and defend the past. They are forced into changing their user names every year though. :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Bennett’s stats certainly declined last year when he was injured. He is 33 years old.

Seahawks took a $5 million dead money hit to save the $21 million of remaining salary that Bennett would have been due under the remainder of his contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2scrykg3 said:
hawknation2018":2scrykg3 said:
AgentDib":2scrykg3 said:

BS. The Seahawks are paying $5M to get rid of him and only saved $1.6M getting rid of him. Show me another Dlineman that you can get for $1.6M with his numbers. Not to mention this is the first year of his new 3 year deal and he never even made the 1st year of that. That is called a fire sale, get him out of here and fast!! :roll:

What about the other 15M of cap hit over the next two years if we kept him?

Bennett's played well this year, but I have no regrets on getting rid of him............other then seems like we could have gotten better than a 5th rounder.

Bottom line, we needed to jettison the negative players, and good for Bennett going to a D-line that has a deep rotation to maximize his effectiveness.

That wasn't here, he'd be playing too much and wearing down like he did the last two years.