That David Moore non-catch might have been a TD

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
former NFL referee Terry McAulay, now an employee at NBC, says that the play should have been reviewed because of what happened before his “first” foot came down in bounds. He shows a screenshot on Twitter of Moore’s left foot in bounds as he catches the ball, then his right foot clearly coming down second.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SNFRules/status/1072490618889404418[/tweet]

Left foot
5092 EC34 D4 E8 4371 B111 14 C92181 B163

Right foot
76E453CC2776411582A046B8F29568251544601685.png

A tight play at the goal line in Seattle that was ruled incomplete was not stopped for review even though it’s likely it was a completed catch for a touchdown.

Wilson was held without a touchdown for the first time since Week 4, and Moore is without a reception over his last two games. That’s officially on the record books now, but one former official says it should have at least been reviewed. Then we aren’t even talking about Bobby Wagner.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/11/1 ... fl-week-14

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I remember when it happened thinking it was very close and those screenshots show it even more dispositive.
He appears to have control of the ball simultaneously when that left foot hits.

HawkGA

Reaction score
In real time I was sure it was a catch and was very surprised by the replay looking like it wasn't. I think there is an odd "we automatically review it if we call it a touchdown but not if we don't" bias in how replay is used.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkGA":37i715p3 said:
In real time I was sure it was a catch and was very surprised by the replay looking like it wasn't. I think there is an odd "we automatically review it if we call it a touchdown but not if we don't" bias in how replay is used.

...there is an odd "we automatically review it if we can call it a touchdown but not if we don't want one" bias in how replay is used.

Semantics.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
HawkGA":3u0qbb3f said:

It would appear that Pete should have challenged the call.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2b8b0n11 said:
HawkGA":2b8b0n11 said:

It would appear that Pete should have challenged the call.

You can’t challenge under 2 minutes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I must have said to people around my 10 times that you can't challenge under 2 minutes. Like talking to a brick wall. I think it's a stupid rule, and the Refs should have chosen to take a look. Guaranteed if that was a Vikings WR, they would have looked.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting.....that last pic ^^^^ looks totally conclusive to me. I don't care what team is playing, both feet are in.

Shocking ESPN didn't look hard enough to find that shot. :roll:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Inside 2 minutes, it is ridiculous that the refs didn't take a look. That was a game-changing play and it was close enough to take a 2nd look.

TreeRon

Reaction score
This for sure took away a TD while the blocked punt non penalty (TD) is speculative.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
It was close, but Moore HAS to drag his feet there. No ifs ands or buts. His youth has popped up a few times this season and it’s a little frustrating. Lockett or Baldwin makes that play. It makes me scared for when Baldwin is injured, the drop off is too steep because Baldwin has always been key on his fundementals

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He will learn from it, but absolutely he needs to drag his feet on that. Of course, very easy to say from the stands or from a couch. The coverage was as good as it could possibly be, but the throw was a thing of beauty.

253hawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1l9c52q7 said:
It was close, but Moore HAS to drag his feet there. No ifs ands or buts. His youth has popped up a few times this season and it’s a little frustrating. Lockett or Baldwin makes that play. It makes me scared for when Baldwin is injured, the drop off is too steep because Baldwin has always been key on his fundementals

He was hit in the shoulder by the DB on his next step which made his body drift, getting the other foot down was impossible. Lockett and Baldwin would have flown ever further.

James in PA

Reaction score
Interesting.

Now can we please get back to the “Bobby Wagner got away with one” story?

Sincerely,
ESPN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
253hawk":1jtdda23 said:
Scorpion05":1jtdda23 said:

He was hit in the shoulder by the DB on his next step which made his body drift, getting the other foot down was impossible. Lockett and Baldwin would have flown ever further.

Granted I'm an armchair critic, but I disagree. When I watch the replay I can see Baldwin or Lockett managing to drag their feet

I love Moore, I love what he's contributed. And perhaps I'm expecting a lot for a guy who's virtually a rookie. I think Moore is talented enough to pull that off next time. I believe in him. Plus we won, which is all that matters

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Scorpion05":wmjw5kk4 said:
253hawk":wmjw5kk4 said:
Scorpion05":wmjw5kk4 said:

Granted I'm an armchair critic, but I disagree. When I watch the replay I can see Baldwin or Lockett managing to drag their feet

I love Moore, I love what he's contributed. And perhaps I'm expecting a lot for a guy who's virtually a rookie. I think Moore is talented enough to pull that off next time. I believe in him. Plus we won, which is all that matters

Baldwin missed a TD earlier this year because he didn't drag his second foot.