Cowherd on Wilson

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m running out the door but if you can find cowherds segment on Wilson. He lays out the case why Wilson is the most underrated QB in the league and last night proves it. Judge someone on a bad day. Wilson had a horrible game but made THE play when he had to. If I get time later I’ll post it.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I would rather eat my own face than listen to Cowherd.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Maybe but he wins spot on here when discussing Wilson.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I’m in the minority but I like Cowherd. Sure he can be annoying like a lot of radio guys but he makes a lot of great points and knows sports unlike a lot of guys.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":17omrecm said:

And it might be preferable, too. :twisted:

Seymour

Reaction score
I will listen later but wanted to comment on "Wilson's horrible game". I think not. He had a poor game with 1 real bad play, but overall not "horrible" IMO. Moore should have had a TD and we threw very little. He also put it in the sack with his 40 yard run, and last I looked that was #3 making that play.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was being dramatic for effect and I think cowherd was too. He thinks Wilson is a top 3-4 QB and first ballot hall of famer.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4l9dr1td said:
I’m in the minority but I like Cowherd. Sure he can be annoying like a lot of radio guys but he makes a lot of great points and knows sports unlike a lot of guys.

I don't think you're in the minority, The Herd gets good ratings because a lot of people like him. Colin Cowherd's had a national show for years -- and for good reason. Sure, he sometimes throws out controversial opinions, but that's the nature of talk radio. He's always been a big supporter of Russ, and on that subject, I agree with a lot of what he says.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2uhf8e0t said:

Cowherd is wrong a lot, but I respect any media person for stating a hard opinion and then doing the research to back up their opinions.......and Cowherd does that.

He's been defending Russell from day one, so I respect that. Defending Pete? Err..........not so much.

[youtube]wWIPnU_EWMY[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":jrgweasu said:
I was being dramatic for effect and I think cowherd was too. He thinks Wilson is a top 3-4 QB and first ballot hall of famer.

Here is the link to the commentary.....
https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-12-11-russell-wilson-makes-plays-when-it-matters/

Finally listened, and like always, Cowherd makes very good logical sense.

More about Cousins not able to make "the big play" when needed and Russell can and did.....once again. Even when it wasn't "his night" to shine. :2thumbs:

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jm619qde said:
Trrrroy":jm619qde said:

Cowherd is wrong a lot, but I respect any media person for stating a hard opinion and then doing the research to back up their opinions.......and Cowherd does that.

He's been defending Russell from day one, so I respect that. Defending Pete? Err..........not so much.

[youtube]wWIPnU_EWMY[/youtube]
Cowherd is a moron though, last week he was saying Pete was a hall of fame coach in both the NFL and college. I think this dude just wakes up, looks at the stats and standings and then forms his opinion for the week.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like Cowherd. Always have. As far as these sports talking heads go, especially among the ones that rely on being 'outrageous' or having strong opinions, he usually seems to have the most reasonable perspectives on why he feels the way he does.

Then again I am comparing him to guys like Skip Clueless.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2psfvqpp said:

He can be annoying because he's convinced his opinion is the correct one. He's often right.

chris98251

Reaction score
TreeRon":etfnv63f said:
Hawk-Lock":etfnv63f said:

He can be annoying because he's convinced his opinion is the correct one. He's often right.

And this is why he still has raiting, he is a egocentric mouth.

chris98251

Reaction score
TreeRon":3p2fu4sl said:
Hawk-Lock":3p2fu4sl said:

And this is why he still has raiting, he is a egocentric mouth.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Brady is maybe the exception to this, but Wilson right now is the only QB I can think of in the modern era that can have a terrible game and yet, I still have hope we can pull off the win. He's just capable of tapping into some deeper switch that few QBs have.

Perhaps that's spin to some. But I can't help but think of the Saints/Cowboys game. And how Drew Brees had a bad game and it remained so throughout. If that was Wilson, I would still have hope he can pull it out in the end, and he probably would. I think us fans take for granted how often he gives us a chance in the end...whether the score is 36-30 or 3-3. We've seen it time and time again. People will say "well he doesn't win certain games" and "winning is a team stat." But EVERY.SINGLE. TIME Russell makes the plays when necessary to give us a chance to win. And it's a large part of his winning record.

Some QBs are just winners. Good defense or bad defense. Great running game or no running game. Injuries on the O-line and Wide receivers. Somehow they find a way. If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I think I'd come to the same conclusion from afar

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Scorpion05":18mwi9rj said:
Brady is maybe the exception to this, but Wilson right now is the only QB I can think of in the modern era that can have a terrible game and yet, I still have hope we can pull off the win. He's just capable of tapping into some deeper switch that few QBs have.

Perhaps that's spin to some. But I can't help but think of the Saints/Cowboys game. And how Drew Brees had a bad game and it remained so throughout. If that was Wilson, I would still have hope he can pull it out in the end, and he probably would. I think us fans take for granted how often he gives us a chance in the end...whether the score is 36-30 or 3-3. We've seen it time and time again. People will say "well he doesn't win certain games" and "winning is a team stat." But EVERY.SINGLE. TIME Russell makes the plays when necessary to give us a chance to win. And it's a large part of his winning record.

Some QBs are just winners. Good defense or bad defense. Great running game or no running game. Injuries on the O-line and Wide receivers. Somehow they find a way. If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I think I'd come to the same conclusion from afar

Yup.. You can't put that in a stat sheet... And I,love cowherd.... Dude is spot on most of the time .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok, you can expect the media to dwell on the game Russ played on Monday and just ignore how on point he has been for several weeks. Meh