Frank Clark "Richard Sherman and his era is over here"

Seymour

Reaction score
Frank is the kind of team player we DO need to sign! Pay the man!! (but not too much lol).

You Tell 'Em Frank!!! 8)

If this isn't calling Sherman out for his piss poor can't get over it attitude then nothing is.....

Addition by subtraction.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ank-clark-richard-sherman-and-his-era-is-over

"For so long, I feel like we've had this spirit over us -- that Super Bowl lingering from 2015. You know what I mean?" Clark said, via the Seattle Times. "I feel like for the longest (time) we had that cloud over us, like people wouldn't get over it. But I feel like there were some changes here. We were called a team that was going to have a rebuilding season, quote (unquote)."

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
“At the end of the day, ‘middle of the road,’ that’s Richard Sherman being Richard Sherman. He’s not in this locker room anymore, so his opinion really doesn’t matter,” Clark said Monday night. “You know what I mean? They’ve got problems over there in San Fran that he needs to be worried about. At the end of the day, this is my team now. This is my defense. Richard Sherman and his era is over here.

“If he’s got anything to say about our defense, he can say it on the field. We’re 1-0 against Richard Sherman right now, and we’re 1-0 against the San Francisco 49ers this year. Our plan is to be 2-0. So we’re going into their stadium next week with pure aggression. We’re going to stop that run and we’re going to have fun on third downs.”

My god I love this. :179417:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, Sherman needs to just shut up and worry about his own dumpster fire of team down in San Francisco.

But he won't. Cause it's physically impossible for him not to run his mouth.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I really think Sherman was a divisive presence in the locker room.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3decj77p said:
“At the end of the day, ‘middle of the road,’ that’s Richard Sherman being Richard Sherman. He’s not in this locker room anymore, so his opinion really doesn’t matter,” Clark said Monday night. “You know what I mean? They’ve got problems over there in San Fran that he needs to be worried about. At the end of the day, this is my team now. This is my defense. Richard Sherman and his era is over here.

“If he’s got anything to say about our defense, he can say it on the field. We’re 1-0 against Richard Sherman right now, and we’re 1-0 against the San Francisco 49ers this year. Our plan is to be 2-0. So we’re going into their stadium next week with pure aggression. We’re going to stop that run and we’re going to have fun on third downs.”

My god I love this. :179417:
Now if that is not a changing of the guard I don’t know what is. This young man just put the Old LOB to bed! Welcome to the New Seahawks everyone! I hope you are enjoying this ride like I am.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
There is a tough lesson to be learned from all this can't let it go crap that has held the team back.

The very chip that Pete loves, that drives these high strung athletes (Sherman being prime example #1), is the same chip that keeps that person from being able to let team matters out of their control go. When you cannot let things about your own team go, it keeps you and others from reaching full potential.

The time was past due for this, and losing the remaining bad attitudes is addition by subtraction. That is, at least in part what we are witnessing. A team finally being able to move forward without "mutiny" being shouted out from the bowels of the boat.

This is a huge step forward, and Frank just took step 1 in putting it to rest!

RIP "the pick". :irishdrinkers:

iigakusei

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction.
I think that unfortunately there is one more malcontent that needs to go before the purge is complete.

warden

Reaction score
Some players self importance has become so great that it started to hurt the team. These players are getting shipped out

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
iigakusei":24ieoc63 said:
Addition by subtraction.
I think that unfortunately there is one more malcontent that needs to go before the purge is complete.

Has to be Earl?

He is as good as gone anyway.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
But, but, I thought these were professionals who wouldn't let themselves be affected by a single play for more than a week. I thought "the pick" wasn't the end of an era. I thought that those of us who thought the psyche of the team was damaged by that play were acting like immature girls.

LOL

StoneCold

Reaction score
When you worry more about who's getting credit and what's going on your Hall of Fame resume than winning, you are no longer an asset. Buh Bye.

Steve2222

Reaction score
iigakusei":1c63h6jl said:
Addition by subtraction.

If you’re referring to ET I don’t think that’s the case at all. He simply just wanted to be paid. And I can’t really blame him. On the flip side, I don’t blame Seattle either for not wanting to pay him. He won’t be in Seattle next year anyways so it’s all moot.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lets be Frank here...Will he take a team friendly deal? If he wants big time money, i dont think the Seahawks are going to resign him.

I love the attitude that he is displaying! I want him to be a Seahawk but i dont think he will be be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":8j2ly8qn said:
Lets be Frank here...Will he take a team friendly deal? If he wants big time money, i dont think the Seahawks are going to resign him.

I love the attitude that he is displaying! I want him to be a Seahawk but i dont think he will be be.

1. No he won't take a team friendly deal.
2. Clark has already said he's fine with being franchised until he sees the numbers he's asking for.
3. He took out an insurance policy for just this reason, that he thinks this may go for another year or so.

IMO the Clark situation is the same as the Wilson situation, we have to keep him, because as of right now he's the only bigtime pass rusher we have. We need MORE pass rushers, not less.

So unless this situation changes and we get a bigtime pass rusher in the draft or FA, then we have to either give Frank a monster deal, or franchise him for another year, maybe two.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":3269ji3v said:
iigakusei":3269ji3v said:
Addition by subtraction.

Has to be Earl?

He is as good as gone anyway.
baldwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJrmb

Reaction score
iigakusei":1kwbjc0i said:
Addition by subtraction.

Doug?

D

DomeHawk

It's a great quote. Love the guy, what a motor! He never takes a down off, the real deal.