Shaquill Griffin

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Best game he’s played this year. 2 clutch pass deflections, a key 3rd down tackle and overall much better, tighter coverage. He didn’t get juked and beat tonight the way he struggled earlier in this season. Let’s hope this is the start of him putting it all together for our stretch run.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. Awesome game from Shaq tonight against an outstanding WR duo.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1qpy70xk said:
Best game he’s played this year. 2 clutch pass deflections, a key 3rd down tackle and overall much better, tighter coverage. He didn’t get juked and beat tonight the way he struggled earlier in this season. Let’s hope this is the start of him putting it all together for our stretch run.

Aye..fair play to the lad. I’ve been critical of him this season but he played well in the second half.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Flowers as well. He is a solid tackler. Pretty pleased at this point with our young corners.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":7l3wwhpd said:
West TX Hawk":7l3wwhpd said:

Aye..fair play to the lad. I’ve been critical of him this season but he played well in the second half.
Yep, I have as well. He was awesome tonight, though. I hope he can build off this.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The whole secondary was great tonight. Even on the one big play Flowers had great coverage!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
This was by far the best game the whole secondary has played all year. It's about time.

Beren

Reaction score
Yup, really delighted with the play both of our young gun corners. They had their heads turned around and made really good plays on the ball. Didn't give the zeebs any chance to make another crappy call. Well done.

HawkerD

Reaction score
He really came through when it counted. Earlier in the game he is still taking bad angles and then getting out of position to make tackles. My next year Tre Flowers will be CB1. Has a year to work on technique. He could become Sherman-esque with out the bravado. for a guy that was expected to red-shirt he really has been a good surprise.

Seymour

Reaction score
I've been holding off on the Griffin comments but have not been real impressed with his play this season for the most part. This game he really stepped it up and was a big key in the W. Lets hope this is what we see much more of the final stretch of the season! Great game Shaquill!!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2v9sueax said:
Flowers as well. He is a solid tackler. Pretty pleased at this point with our young corners.

Agreed, Flowers had a great pass defense on that crossing route where he just laid out and launched himself to get into position to knock that ball out. Nice play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly feel like it was his best game in the NFL. Those two breakups of passes to Diggs were next level. And I loved seeing the respect from those two guys, helping each other up etc. Just two players battling it out on the field. Diggs is legit too.

toffee

Reaction score
The awakening of Shaquille and the emergence of Flower are happening at the right moment. They are not shutdown corners at this point but surely not easy pickings anymore.

I won’t be surprised some INTs are coming their ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
How much of that had to do with the game plan? They doubled Thielen and Diggs quite often.

The Patriots beat Minnesota the week before by doubling this two. Glad to see Pete and Ken changing it up.

But you can't argue with 'Quille's tackling Monday night. He and Flowers were ON!

D

DomeHawk

The real significance of their play is that Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are arguably the best WR duo in the NFL. The game plan was nothing short of spectacular.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I've not been as unimpressed with Shaq as most on this board because for the most part he's done his job which is avoid deep plays along the boundary. I was never expecting Sherman 2.0. But I think he's been at least as good as Thurmond and Maxwell were at this stage with better durability. I think people ignore availability too much in player evaluations. If you play every day as a decent player, that's far more valuable than being around a quarter of the time as an elite player.

I appreciate that Griffin stays off the injury report, doesn't get burned deep much and is a willing tackler. I'd love for him to play like he did on Monday on a consistent basis but I don't think he's been "terrible" this year as some people have claimed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, he has been out of position quite often this year. Needless to say, Monday felt like we were seeing the best he has to offer, and that's pretty damn good.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1tbzoore said:
I've not been as unimpressed with Shaq as most on this board because for the most part he's done his job which is avoid deep plays along the boundary. I was never expecting Sherman 2.0. But I think he's been at least as good as Thurmond and Maxwell were at this stage with better durability. I think people ignore availability too much in player evaluations. If you play every day as a decent player, that's far more valuable than being around a quarter of the time as an elite player.

I appreciate that Griffin stays off the injury report, doesn't get burned deep much and is a willing tackler. I'd love for him to play like he did on Monday on a consistent basis but I don't think he's been "terrible" this year as some people have claimed.
wasn't he ranked the #104 corner in the NFL per PFF prior to the Vikings game? That is terrible.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
dopeboy206":ht67uh4p said:
Mad Dog":ht67uh4p said:

wasn't he ranked the #104 corner in the NFL per PFF prior to the Vikings game? That is terrible.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2z18qlef said:
Mad Dog":2z18qlef said:

Not sure PFF knows what Griffin's responsibility is on every play so I'm never sure what to make of any grade they throw up in that absence of knowing the play call.

Do they consider tackle rate? Do they consider when a DB doesn't get targeted? Do they consider staying healthy? Who knows?

I'm more concerned with how the coaches rate their players and if Griffin was "terrible", King would be starting on that side.

I'm just hoping for a bit more consistency.