Didn’t much outplay the Vikings tonight

mort

Reaction score
I think we mostly outlasted them. And that bodes well for how we want to be playing in December.
Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Schotty ball wears the opponent down.

It's a beautiful thing akin to the glorious Beastmode years.

LOVE IT.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Lol. We moved the ball at will. Moore didn’t drag his feet. Simmons got into a bone headed scuffle. Vikings never made me nervous, ever

BChawkfan

Reaction score
mort":1uu8la8t said:
I think we mostly outlasted them. And that bodes well for how we want to be playing in December.
Just my $0.02

Defense thumped them,Cousins played scared until garbage time,we ran the ball down their throats,we just didnt capitalize in the red zone. We let them hang aroumnd untl the 5 minute mark.
If thats not outplaying them... I dont know what it is...
Now thats $0.02 worth

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
We thoroughly outplayed them the entire game, but we were only one play from losing that game until the end. It would've been nice to get that 3 points before half. Felt like the first team to 9 or better wins and I wasn't worried about the Vikes scoring more than 7 or 8

BubbaGump

Reaction score
mort":13gopgh5 said:
Just my $0.02

Outlast, Outplay, its a win either way. The thing about this game was it was against the toughest Defense this team will see the rest of the regular season. The Hawks Defense is just getting started and put the rest of the NFC on notice with their performance tonight.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Yes we struggled in the Red Zone, against the number one Red Zone defense in the league.

Except for a few fluke plays, we would have had a great red zone outing against them.

We played like crap in the RZ, and still came away with a win.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at the score, yes we out played them, they have a good defense, we took what we could and beat them physically, rainy weather and tough defense you don't air it out and get turnovers and make it easy for them. We wore them down and shut them down. That's outplaying them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":3bldv53q said:
Look at the score, yes we out played them, they have a good defense, we took what we could and beat them physically, rainy weather and tough defense you don't air it out and get turnovers and make it easy for them. We wore them down and shut them down. That's outplaying them.

I agree...

Hawks left a lot of points on the board in the 1st half that will be overlooked in the aftermath of Wagz assault on human decency.

The D made big plays in the 2nd half and let the offense finish it with that big drive.

This game didn't need to be as close as it was... and this was probably the best game of the season for the Vikings D

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This was a Pete Caroll win. Feels a little like the year we lost to Atlanta, if we keep improving and fix some things we could go deep, but we need 90% Baldwin back. Sucks we lost Dissly early but hey maybe we can just keep running down peoples throats if our defense is truly improving rapidly and can hold high octane offenses down. Imagine if we still had ETIII...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The Vikings pass D was marvelous. From my all-22 like seats in the stands, I don’t think I ever saw a WR open . Well except George Fant.

Schotty still needs work on some of his passing game plans. There have been other games like this where no one is open at all for most of the game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Hawks defense has been struggling and they absolutely dominated the Vikes O tonight.

They very much outplayed them.

All that happened is that Wilson sucked on his 20 attempts this game, and even with a really dominant running attacfk running plays are just too low yardage to really march down the field over and over again without a pass game (you just hit too many third downs along the way and random variance ends up killing drives).

My takeaway from this game is the run game still looked great against a good D, and the D really showed up. Wilson's not gonna be that bad every week.

If anything the Hawks are arrow up for me after this week, and even more so than other weeks (cuz I trust Wilson more than the defense).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OP what game were you watching?

To me the Hawks kicked their rear ends, it was never close, the D stole away every opportunity their O had except at junk time when the outcome was secure. We ran on them and they are supposed to be good at shutting down the run. The Vikings are a good team and the Hawks took away any Offensive game from them. Russell played well except for a few brain cramps, he threw some bullets and had some very close big plays. Actually, he was special and the best QB on the field, it wasn’t close. Also special were Shaq Griffin, Tre Flowers, both safeties, Frank Clark, Jaran Reed, and a whole lot of other players. Our team was head and shoulders deeper, more physical, and faster. Our coaches outreached their coaches.

This was a big W. This is a team warming up and getting primed for playoff football. Every critical game they show up.they are developing a new identity.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Think of it this way.

With the Seahawks offense, you are looking at a table with a lot of weight on it. You know the table will collapse eventually you just need to give it time. The end of the half was awful but other than that it was a successful game plan.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This was a talented young team with heart, inspired to protect their home field. It shouldn't be such a surprise that this team is focused on a goal & no one wants to face them in the playoffs. The Vikings have a good team but this is a low point for them, proof that a relentless D, field position and a strong run game can win today.

OP
OP
M

mort

Reaction score
Call me crazy this team is good for at least two wins in the post season, it’s an any given Sunday league these days. The friggin Raiders beat shitsbugh yesterday, in the playoffs were all 0-0

Let’s just go 1-0 next week
Go hawks!!!!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
They probably got another member of the coaching staff fired. I have a hunch Flip will be job hunting. Because everyone is underestimating this team.

djb28

Reaction score
What a terrific Defense they have. It really showed the progression of our Offensive line and how well they have come together. I will admit I never gave them a chance to ever be anything. The offense acted exactly as it should have going up against that defense. I was mad that the announcers kept dwelling on the fact only three points were on the board for most of the game. If 100 points arent being scored no one has any interest.