ESPN SVP Tim Hasselbeck going on about BWagz block FG

ivotuk

Reaction score
Apparently there were no bad calls against Seattle...

Listening to them go after this, one would think that's the only reason the Vikings lost

" At the time, it was only 6 to nothing"

BigMeach

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2fn85ygv said:
Mistashoesta":2fn85ygv said:
OP is Mod

Then to a higher court this must go!

Mom!!!!!

I get the feeling this is how you get your hot pockets delivered downstairs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Trying to understand why anyone listens to Disney Sports TV anymore.

Mick063

Reaction score
Worse than the Hindenburg disaster

"Oh the humanity!"

Crizilla

Reaction score
Right now on front page of ESPN it says "salty Seahawks could wreak havoc in playoffs" LOL the writer is a Rams fan of course.....

LTH

Reaction score
ivotuk":3bfmxkb4 said:

Listening to them go after this, one would think that's the only reason the Vikings lost

The national media is lame... They are so out of touch with this team... The officials made a judgement call...and even if it was a bad non call, So what it happens...its not like the Hawks dont have to deal with a bad call or non call from time to time...

But what really gets me is that instead of giving the Seattle D props for being a tough legit D and man handling the Vikings O, they want to talk about how Cousins isn't doing his job and is not playing up to his contract.. maybe that's true but it was the Hawks D that dominated this game and the vikings didn't lose that game totally because of Cousins Play they Lost the game because the Seahawks D lit them up pure and simple!

LTH

Popeyejones

Reaction score
They're talking about Cousins because the Vikings gave him 85 guaranteed to push them over the top and instead he has been stinking it up.

If he had been playing well and the Seahawks housed him they'd be talking about the Hawks a la Goff and the Bears this week, but this is a lower point of a general trend for him this year.

getnasty

Reaction score
It was a big play that the refs got wrong, had the tables been turned I guarantee we'd be going crazy. Well take the break and move on.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Yup... And that three points would have made zero difference in the outcome of the game. Because there's no way they're scoring a TD the way the Seahawks D looked last night.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
The blocked field goal by Bobby and the missed / overlooked call helped in more ways than just the three points.

The momentum was already swinging our way but this really fired everyone up into hyper drive.

The team went on to score more points but at this point in the game, they were at 6-0 and the Vikings were still in it.

It had to be mentally defeating for Minnesota because at that point, they still had a chance. So, I think it did change the face of the game.

Nice to be on the positive receiving end of a non-call. Unfortunately, that's what the sports media is focused on, not the great play by the defense (as mentioned above by others).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
BleuEyedHawk":3j4r37p6 said:
Nice to be on the positive receiving end of a non-call. Unfortunately, that's what the sports media is focused on, not the great play by the defense (as mentioned above by others).

The lead article on ESPN's NFL page this morning was about how dominant the Hawks defense was and how nobody is gonna wanna play them in the postseason if they can keep it up ("Salty Seahawks Could Wreak Havoc in the Postseason")

The non-call was down below it in the items list, and even now is still relegated over to the sidebar.

I'd guess that if the circumstances were reversed "evidence" for the endless disrespect of the Seahawks would have been that the top item was about the Vikings stingy defense and NOT this? :lol:

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I see the non-call as correct. Wagner did not use his hands to elevate the block. The block was done beyond the line and solely by his own effort.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":376s9fk2 said:
BleuEyedHawk":376s9fk2 said:

The lead article on ESPN's NFL page this morning was about how dominant the Hawks defense was and how nobody is gonna wanna play them in the postseason if they can keep it up ("Salty Seahawks Could Wreak Havoc in the Postseason")

The non-call was down below it in the items list, and even now is still relegated over to the sidebar.

I'd guess that if the circumstances were reversed "evidence" for the endless disrespect of the Seahawks would have been that the top item was about the Vikings stingy defense and NOT this? :lol:

/applaud

SeaWolv

Reaction score
getnasty":iet3a6cr said:
It was a big play that the refs got wrong, had the tables been turned I guarantee we'd be going crazy. Well take the break and move on.

The refs didn't get it wrong, Wags didn't use his teammates to elevate which is what the rule says you can't do. You're not allowed to run up to the line and jump but you are allowed to jump from the line of scrimmage. You can't use a teammate or opponent to elevate but it doesn't say anything about touching them as you're jumping over.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":4qegt38i said:

It was a pretty massive non-call in our favor, poor officiating the entire game doesn't make that any less true.

I don't necessarily think the Vikings would have won, as they couldn't do anything on offense all game.. but denying that wasn't a bad missed penalty is nothing more than homerism.