Russell Wilson Most Wins

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Our ELITE Quarterback has the most wins through 7 seasons. ALLTIME. Go Hawks. Go Russ

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Schotty has been so good for Russ.

RUN THAT BALL BOYS!!!!!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rough game tonight, but would have had a better night had Moore dragged his feet. Many more wins to come!!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Schotty has inspired this team and exceeded all expectations.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He was down right terrible today, and it shows why wins are a team stat more than anything. I have never liked that stat/comparison for any QB. Let’s make the first thread about the defense, as deserved.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":ootfztzf said:
He was down right terrible today, and it shows why wins are a team stat more than anything. I have never liked that stat/comparison for any QB.

But Schotty can turn a lackluster Russ into a big win for the team.

It's all good when the run game is wearing down the opposing D.

That's how we used to do it back in the glory years and those years are kinda-sorta back again.

Schotty ball is good ball.

GO HAWKS!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2seuq05h said:
He was down right terrible today, and it shows why wins are a team stat more than anything. I have never liked that stat/comparison for any QB. Let’s make the first thread about the defense, as deserved.

No? Well I sure like that butt. :snack:

joeseahawks

Reaction score
That 40 yards run by Russell ... was hilarious watching the big guys chase him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
A win against a tough D. Despite light rain and wind which Russell struggles with. I'll take it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3u7awkyg said:
That 40 yards run by Russell ... was hilarious watching the big guys chase him.

Poor Russ was a bit winded after that lovely sprint but in turn that play really knocked the wind out of them.

He may not be speedy Russ anymore but he's still speedy enough!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3b2potrp said:

Down right terrible? That’s a stretch. He had one glaringly bad play. Made key 3rd down throws and runs. This was an ugly win. Wins are a team stat, but QBs make the plays when needed. Sometimes a good team and a great QB wins an ugly game, in large part because of great overall team play

That was also a great defense. Not a lot of open throws available. So we pounded them into oblivion. Good teams can win in more than one way

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Scorpion05":11lzfxwx said:
Coug_Hawk08":11lzfxwx said:

Down right terrible? That’s a stretch. He had one glaringly bad play. Made key 3rd down throws and runs. This was an ugly win. Wins are a team stat, but QBs make the plays when needed. Sometimes a good team and a great QB wins an ugly game, in large part because of great overall team play

I know, right? People need to stop coming down so hard on Russ.

You know what was terrible tonight, though?

That halftime show.

Ugh.

It was like a poor man's version of Janet Jackson circa 1998.

But Russ isn't a poor man so I'm totally confused.

MAKE HALFTIME GREAT AGAIN.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We needed to dig deep and find a W. We did. That's really all that matters.
On to the next game please.
Let's blow out Sherman and the 49ers.
I hope Doug is back.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":24l7r58o said:
We needed to dig deep and find a W. We did. That's really all that matters.
On to the next game please.
Let's blow out Sherman and the 49ers.
I hope Doug is back.

Schotty ball is good ball.

Pass it on...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pmedic920":19t06v0x said:
32d40db77ca31b1217f97afa8a1e0f96

Seriously...

Joe Flacco?
How can that be.

That Ravens team was good good good for a long stretch, as I recall. I was back in Maryland in 2008 during his rookie season, and he was on fire. Was for several years afterward, too.

From Wikipedia:

In his first season, Flacco was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week in Week 9, NFL Rookie of the week, the NFLPA Rookie of the week, and NFL Rookie of the Month for November. Flacco finished his rookie season 257/428 for 2,971 yards with a total of 16 touchdowns (14 passing, 2 rushing), and 14 turnovers (12 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles).

He also went on to lose to the Stealers in the AFC Championship game his rookie year, and didn't fall off for quite a few years after.

Ravens also were good enough to make the playoffs starting his rookie year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (with a Super Bowl win and MVP) and then 2014, so he's had a lot of wins his first few years.

Russ is in good company there, and will probably be a couple of wins ahead of everyone by the time his seventh year closes out.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":rf6mjw6l said:
pmedic920":rf6mjw6l said:
32d40db77ca31b1217f97afa8a1e0f96

Seriously...

Joe Flacco?
How can that be.

That Ravens team was good good good for a long stretch, as I recall. I was back in Maryland in 2008 during his rookie season, and he was on fire. Was for several years afterward, too.

From Wikipedia:

In his first season, Flacco was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week in Week 9, NFL Rookie of the week, the NFLPA Rookie of the week, and NFL Rookie of the Month for November. Flacco finished his rookie season 257/428 for 2,971 yards with a total of 16 touchdowns (14 passing, 2 rushing), and 14 turnovers (12 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles).

He also went on to lose to the Stealers in the AFC Championship game his rookie year, and didn't fall off for quite a few years after.

Ravens also were good enough to make the playoffs starting his rookie year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (with a Super Bowl win and MVP) and then 2014, so he's had a lot of wins his first few years.

Russ is in good company there, and will probably be a couple of wins ahead of everyone by the time his seventh year closes out.
Joe Flacco is the definition of mediocre, and he always has been. He is very streaky and has the ability to close out games. He does some thing well like the deep ball, and he's a QB that doesn't fold under pressure in the 4th Quarter. In his superbowl win he went on an amazing run, and that will be the highlight of his career. That being said he isn't anything to write home about.

Team wins is, and has always been about the team, not individual QB play. I think it is meaningless to distill anything from that statistic other than good QB on a stable team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3th880e0 said:

That's a crock of bull. Russ is anything but terrible, he's carried this team many times when they need it.

You want to know terrible? Look across the field at Kirk Cousins.