Fluker out Simmons in!

SeaChat

Reaction score
I keep hearing all the sports commentators focusing in on Fluker's absence from our offensive line up, as being a huge cause for concern agains the Vikings this evening. I don't want to in anyway diminish the wealth of experience, and impact that DJ has had on the Seahawks offense this season, becaue he has been a Godsend NO DOUBT.

With that said though we have a pretty damn good replacement stepping into Flukers big shoes tonight. Jordan Simmons is no little man hmself, standing at 6'3" tall and weighing in at a healthy 350 pounds,, and what little film footage was available coming into this matchup, left me feeling pretty confident about his ability to represent the Seahawks and Fluke really well.

Simmons filled in for Fluker eariler on this season when we faced the Rams, and I didn't see anything in that game, that would cause me not to think that Jordan has all the right stuff to play his pat in the Sehawks offense, both in the run and the pass. I know that there is always the issue of experience that players can't find anywhere else but on the line under find. The film footage that weas available on Jordan, whowed me a yougster who showed incredible composure under fire, and wasn't intimidated, and never appeared to be our of his league or lost in space as is often the case with young guns finding thier way onto the field for thier first times.

Iin cact quite the opposite, Jordan Simmons, appeared to me like an old hand at this job. He obviously has studied the Seahawks play book and was preparted to act on every play called. On the Run he opened up lanes and continued to push his openings dow the field with the RB finding more yards to be had following him. The same was true in his pass protection, in that he was able to handlle the pressure in front of him in every play I saw,and gave Russell no concerns about getting run down from his assignments.

I know he's young and inexperienced, but I think that this kid is a real Diamond in the Rough and that our scouts who found this kid, need to get a bonus for dong a really great job. Jordan is the type of talent that does unotced and undrafted all to often. he faced the same hardships in College, playing the backup for a teammate who didn't make way for Jordan to get much field time their either. I might be pie in the skying it when I say that this player might just be "THE NEXT MAN UP, that Fluker will have to show why he Jordan needs to go back to the bench when Fluke is ready to poay again.

I am hoping to see some great suff out of Simmons tonight and hope that he is a talking point after the game, I don't look for much if anything in the way of penalties being called against him, he plays clean and like a true professional, at least in what little time I got to see him play.

Go Seahawks !

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
We know Simmons can run block, let's see how he holds up in pass pro.

While he held his own last game I do remember we couldn't block Donald on the interior rush

Seymour

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2vu2pllq said:
We know Simmons can run block, let's see how he holds up in pass pro.

While he held his own last game I do remember we couldn't block Donald on the interior rush

Well that is a tough barometer! Neither can anyone else?!

chris98251

Reaction score
Simmons is a serviceable back up, it's after him we may have issues, Hunt and Pocic are the next two on the depth chart.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Yeah players shouldn’t be evaluated when blocking Donald. He’s so much better than everyone else by a large margin you can’t really get a fair assessment.