OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Carolina, Philly, Wash all lost. Wow. This game with the Vikings is

EPIC

Even if we lose we still have the 6 spot and will likely hold that spot at the very least the rest of the way.

sdog1981

Reaction score
they only need two wins and they are in.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":1w27l7wj said:

EPIC

Even if we lose we still have the 6 spot and will likely hold that spot at the very least the rest of the way.

We may not “need” it but a Viking beat down is what I want.

We need to be able to beat a team like Vikings in order to stand much of a chance to move into the 2nd round.
Will be a great measuring stick of where we really stand.

GoHawks.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Aros":3e8o92a9 said:

EPIC

I don't think it even matters. In fact, you might want to lose: The Rams might be easier than the Bears in the divisional round.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I think the strong chances are now that the following will be the NFC seedings:

1) & 2) New Orleans and LA, switch round as you see fit.
3) Chicago
4) Dallas
5) Seattle
6) Vikings

So in the WC we go and knock the stuffing out of the Cowboys for the 2nd time this season, whilst the Vikings get handed a loss in Chicago.

In Divisional round we go to Saints / Rams (depending on your selection for the 1) and 2) seeds above).

Not sure why people are concerned about having to go to Chicago in the Divisional round, seems unlikely they will usurp the Rams or the Saints and jump into the 2) or 1) spots? Maybe I'm missing something obvious (wouldn't be the first time) :2thumbs:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Followthelegion":budaomvg said:
I think the strong chances are now that the following will be the NFC seedings:

1) & 2) New Orleans and LA, switch round as you see fit.
3) Chicago
4) Dallas
5) Seattle
6) Vikings

So in the WC we go and knock the stuffing out of the Cowboys for the 2nd time this season, whilst the Vikings get handed a loss in Chicago.

In Divisional round we go to Saints / Rams (depending on your selection for the 1) and 2) seeds above).

Not sure why people are concerned about having to go to Chicago in the Divisional round, seems unlikely they will usurp the Rams or the Saints and jump into the 2) or 1) spots? Maybe I'm missing something obvious (wouldn't be the first time) :2thumbs:

If this is true, and I’m not saying it isn’t....

.....I’d much rather play the Rams than the Saints (in this point in time), obviously things could change.

Major injuries to players etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a thing of beauty. Especially for a team that supposedly was going to win 4 games :lol:

Tonight is a playoff game, no other way to look at it. Can't wait to get to the stadium tonight, that place is going to be rockin' tonight :irishdrinkers:

Loving how wide open things are, no team is unbeatable, including the paper champ Rams. I like our chances at Dallas a lot more than Chicago. Esp. with the weather factor.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Dream scenario:
1. Earn the 5th seed. Beating the Vikings tonight would greatly aid in this objective. If the Seahawks lose tonight, then they would need the Vikings to lose at least one of their remaining games against the Dolphins, Lions, and Bears.

2. Dominate Dallas for the second time this year. Dallas doesn’t have a strong home field advantage. Plus, the Seahawks already beat them this year. The defense handled Dallas with seeming ease. The Seahawks offense controlled the ball with a strong dedication to the run game. The Seahawks also beat Dallas on the road last year, so there is some familiarity.

3. Get our revenge against the Rams. Rams have not won a playoff game since that crazy game on January 8, 2005 that the Seahawks gave away. Both losses to the Rams this year were extremely close. The Seahawks beat the Rams at the L.A. Coliseum last year. This is a venue that Pete Carroll is acutely familiar with. Rams games tend to attract an equal mix of home and away fans, and the home fans do not make much of an effort.

4. Win the NFC Championship, preferably at home. The dream scenario would call for the Vikings to upset the Saints. The Saints are starting to look vulnerable due to injuries along their once-dominant offensive line and receiving corps, as well as inconsistencies in pass coverage by the Saints defense. This would mean hosting the Vikings again at CenturyLink for the opportunity to go to the Suowr Bowl.

5. Win the Super Bowl at the Georgia Dome. If I haven’t gotten ahead of myself enough already, this would obviously be the ultimate fairytale ending to a season many believed would be disastrous. It would be apropos for the Seahawks to get their ultimate revenge in the Super Bowl against the likes of the Patriots or Steelers. On the other hand, that requires those hated franchises to advance to the Super Bowl. I would rather they stalled out earlier. I guess I would hope for a matchup against the Chiefs, Chargers, or Texans — teams that are mostly inoffensive and perhaps beatable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong w/dreaming :irishdrinkers:
The NFC is wide open imo. All the people just assuming the Rams are going to the Super Bowl, meh, that's far from a given. Saints are a better team.

Vesuve

Reaction score
pmedic920":32i1ec8g said:
Aros":32i1ec8g said:

EPIC

We may not “need” it but a Viking beat down is what I want.

We need to be able to beat a team like Vikings in order to stand much of a chance to move into the 2nd round.
Will be a great measuring stick of where we really stand.

GoHawks.

Absolutely.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u0fijgv said:
Nothing wrong w/dreaming :irishdrinkers:
The NFC is wide open imo. All the people just assuming the Rams are going to the Super Bowl, meh, that's far from a given. Saints are a better team.

And neither the Saints nor the Rams have looked good lately. We are starting to hear whispers that these teams “peaked too early.”

Mad Dog

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3uz2wo6w said:
Dream scenario:
1. Earn the 5th seed. Beating the Vikings tonight would greatly aid in this objective. If the Seahawks lose tonight, then they would need the Vikings to lose at least one of their remaining games against the Dolphins, Lions, and Bears.

2. Dominate Dallas for the second time this year. Dallas doesn’t have a strong home field advantage. Plus, the Seahawks already beat them this year. The defense handled Dallas with seeming ease. The Seahawks offense controlled the ball with a strong dedication to the run game. The Seahawks also beat Dallas on the road last year, so there is some familiarity.

3. Get our revenge against the Rams. Rams have not won a playoff game since that crazy game on January 8, 2005 that the Seahawks gave away. Both losses to the Rams this year were extremely close. The Seahawks beat the Rams at the L.A. Coliseum last year. This is a venue that Pete Carroll is acutely familiar with. Rams games tend to attract an equal mix of home and away fans, and the home fans do not make much of an effort.

4. Win the NFC Championship, preferably at home. The dream scenario would call for the Vikings to upset the Saints. The Saints are starting to look vulnerable due to injuries along their once-dominant offensive line and receiving corps, as well as inconsistencies in pass coverage by the Saints defense. This would mean hosting the Vikings again at CenturyLink for the opportunity to go to the Suowr Bowl.

5. Win the Super Bowl at the Georgia Dome. If I haven’t gotten ahead of myself enough already, this would obviously be the ultimate fairytale ending to a season many believed would be disastrous. It would be apropos for the Seahawks to get their ultimate revenge in the Super Bowl against the likes of the Patriots or Steelers. On the other hand, that requires those hated franchises to advance to the Super Bowl. I would rather they stalled out earlier. I guess I would hope for a matchup against the Chiefs, Chargers, or Texans — teams that are mostly inoffensive and perhaps beatable.

I like your thinking even though it’s only slightly more likely to happen than me winning powerball.

Right now I’d like to see us beat the Vikes tonight. I try not to get too far ahead of myself.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Tonight's game is important and we need to win to keep the train going. I would feel better if I knew Chicago was going to hold the 3 seed as I think a win tonight and we essentially sow up the 5 (and get Dallas at 4).

Either way, it is great to watch a big time game tonight.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Truth. If someone would have told us that we would be playing a game of this magnitude on Dec. 10th, most of us would have thought nope. But, here we are playing meaningful football in December, at HOME.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":onc91hl6 said:
Truth. If someone would have told us that we would be playing a game of this magnitude on Dec. 10th, most of us would have thought nope. But, here we are playing meaningful football in December, at HOME.
You'd think people would learn. Under Pete, it seems like we're playing meaningful ball in Dec every year.

:irishdrinkers:

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
The last 2 weeks Goff has taken a big step back. Either the Rams have been figured out or they were never great or someone is playing hurt. Either way they look far from unbeatable now.

Latest posts