After game 2

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Here's the flashback to the game 2 loss against Chicago. Boom!

[youtube]yLDHpG4c9sg[/youtube]

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’d say making the playoffs in a rebuilding season is pretty good right?

justafan

Reaction score
I understand the negative comments, the team wasnt looking good. This team has come a long way and I would love to see a rematch more than any other playoff team.

sdog1981

Reaction score
As of the date of that broadcast, everything they said was true. It was after the Bears game that the team started to pound the rock and give Carson the ball.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
To me, they were still wrong. New offensive system, Russ + Carroll. Had Brees + Payton started 0-2 they would have had a different opinion. Even though you can argue Russ + Carroll has had more sustained success. But there's very little respect in the media for Russ + Carroll. It's all the defense plus Beast Mode, if you let them tell it. :sarcasm_off:

Also, we had one of THEEE toughest schedules to start the season. One can argue our schedule was practically set to bury us.

- No one wins against the Broncos in Denver, with that altitude in September
- No one knew the Bears defense was going to be that great. They add Khalil Mack and they're 1st in almost every category up to this point.
- Our 1st five games were against the Broncos, Bears, Cowboys, Cards, and Rams. In reality, our only predicted win was against the Cards.

Our 0-2 start was overblown. The only schedule that would have been harder would have been if we'd play either the Chargers, Rams, or Chiefs in weeks 1 and 2. And we arguably could have won both games against the Broncos + Bears. So I was never super down on those teams after those losses. I felt we would win against the Cowboys and Cards, and give the Rams a run for their money. No Russ + Carroll team can EVER be counted out. Ever

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":lqn80f03 said:
To me, they were still wrong. New offensive system, Russ + Carroll. Had Brees + Payton started 0-2 they would have had a different opinion. Even though you can argue Russ + Carroll has had more sustained success. But there's very little respect in the media for Russ + Carroll. It's all the defense plus Beast Mode, if you let them tell it. :sarcasm_off:

Also, we had one of THEEE toughest schedules to start the season. One can argue our schedule was practically set to bury us.

- No one wins against the Broncos in Denver, with that altitude in September
- No one knew the Bears defense was going to be that great. They add Khalil Mack and they're 1st in almost every category up to this point.
- Our 1st five games were against the Broncos, Bears, Cowboys, Cards, and Rams. In reality, our only predicted win was against the Cards.

Our 0-2 start was overblown. The only schedule that would have been harder would have been if we'd play either the Chargers, Rams, or Chiefs in weeks 1 and 2. And we arguably could have won both games against the Broncos + Bears. So I was never super down on those teams after those losses. I felt we would win against the Cowboys and Cards, and give the Rams a run for their money. No Russ + Carroll team can EVER be counted out. Ever

Agreed

bmorepunk

Reaction score
People get paid to talk about sports, and they don't have a lot to work with early in the season.

The average person who hasn't figured out that they can't predict how things will go for a single team, much less the entire league, over the course of the season aren't ever going to figure it out.

The team didn't look good at all after the first couple of games. They look a lot better now. They have a good shot at making the playoffs. But trying to predict an entire season at the beginning was dumb. Especially when this team consistently does better as the season wears on.

I'm sure a lot of people assumed Houston was done when they were 0-3 and the Panthers were playoff bound when they were 6-2. The Steelers started off looking bad, started looking really good, now aren't looking so good anymore. People do this every year, predictably.