Dalvin Cook a tough matchup for us (tweet w/ stats)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JamesDKoh/status/1070351340692480000[/tweet]

Good thing we're getting Kendricks back. Might change the trend.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
the Vikings are averaging like 98 yards a game. They're not exactly a dominant run team.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jlwaters1":qg67rfd5 said:
the Vikings are averaging like 98 yards a game. They're not exactly a dominant run team.

Tweet referred to RB receptions. A lot of our receptions surrendered to the 49ers were given up to backs.

Besides, we've been mediocre to bad at defending the run this year:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1069987150936952833[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Thielen and Diggs are even bigger threats.

If Mullins and a bunch of nobodies threw for 400 yards on our DB's, think what Cousins, Thielen and Diggs can do if we don't rush the passer.

IMO this has to be our D-lines best game of the year, especially Clark.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Monday night football, in our house, with playoff implications. I think our line will be dialed up and ready to deliver.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2n207nx0 said:
Monday night football, in our house, with playoff implications. I think our line will be dialed up and ready to deliver.

I sure hope because if not the Vikes are on our heels for the #5 seed and we still have to face the Chiefs. I'd much rather go to Dallas for Wild Card weekend than Soldier Field.

Seahawker

Reaction score
No one should look past the Vikings, they are one of the best blitzing teams & will be bringing the heat. Cousins runs hot & cold and the outcome may be determined by his play & whether he turns the ball over. Richardson could be a factor, this is a team that lost @Rams 38-31. Darrell Bevell will be watching.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seahawker76":33oj1zw3 said:
No one should look past the Vikings, they are one of the best blitzing teams & will be bringing the heat. Cousins runs hot & cold and the outcome may be determined by his play & whether he turns the ball over. Richardson could be a factor, this is a team that lost @Rams 38-31. Darrell Bevell will be watching.

That’s cool. Isn’t Russell the top ranked QB against the blitz?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawker76":1ghzhvyl said:

Yeah Johnson and Richardson both said they feel disrespected by the Seahawks, Dial up some plays Schotty like roll outs and read options to make these guys tired fast.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Steve2222":2se50e98 said:
Seahawker76":2se50e98 said:

The Vikings aren't one of the most frequently blitzing teams, they're just better at it when they do.

knownone

Reaction score
Here's the interesting thing. Teams have been attacking Calitro on the outside zone and with those little slip screens to the running back. I'm wondering if the addition of Kendricks offsets the success teams are having because a veteran like Kendricks is less likely to fall for the misdirection and less likely to bite inside on the outside zone. If you look at the 3 games with Kendricks, although we weren't great against backs, we didn't give up more than 50 yards receiving to RBs and the only back to break 100 yards on the ground was Zeke. Every other back averaged less than 3.5 yards per carry.

The numbers would also indicate a healthy KJ completely shuts down the screen game. It's hard to draw too many conclusions given he only played significant snaps in one game and in the games he was limited in, teams moved the ball pretty easily on us. With that said, in the only game he saw a significant number of snaps he helped shut down Melvin Gordon, holding him to his second-lowest receiving total on the season, 1 reception for 10 yards.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1wo5zc2o said:
CHawkTailGator":1wo5zc2o said:

I sure hope because if not the Vikes are on our heels for the #5 seed and we still have to face the Chiefs. I'd much rather go to Dallas for Wild Card weekend than Soldier Field.

Really? I sure as heck wouldn't. Second year starter at quarterback in Trubisky in his first ever playoff game against Russell Wilson scares me a whole lot less than Ezekiel Elliott and the defense that just held New Orleans to 10 points. Give me Chicago please.

Fade

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":149cunnu said:
Steve2222":149cunnu said:
Seahawker76":149cunnu said:

The Vikings aren't one of the most frequently blitzing teams, they're just better at it when they do.

Zimmer is damn good at dialing up pressure at the right time, and bringing new looks the QB hasn't seen yet.

I expect Wilson to take at least 1 or 2 sacks on these pressures, but he will burn them for some explosive plays as well during the game.

The run defense has to take a step forward, it did last week, and I was very encouraged by what I saw. Kendricks should be a big boost to the unit as well.

I am really looking forward to this game.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3hz18h4w said:
SeaWolv":3hz18h4w said:
CHawkTailGator":3hz18h4w said:

Really? I sure as heck wouldn't. Second year starter at quarterback in Trubisky in his first ever playoff game against Russell Wilson scares me a whole lot less than Ezekiel Elliott and the defense that just held New Orleans to 10 points. Give me Chicago please.

I'd rather face the #7 defense per DVOA than the #1. Plus we already lost to Chicago but we beat Dallas. Another factor to consider is there's a minimum 20 degree temp difference between Dallas and Chicago in January.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Honestly, if Goodwin would have played... 9ers O would have been a great scout team for the Vikings.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2mo6b3ye said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2mo6b3ye said:
SeaWolv":2mo6b3ye said:
CHawkTailGator":2mo6b3ye said:

I'd rather face the #7 defense per DVOA than the #1. Plus we already lost to Chicago but we beat Dallas. Another factor to consider is there's a minimum 20 degree temp difference between Dallas and Chicago in January.

We beat Dallas without Amari Cooper.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":m4yb890t said:
Steve2222":m4yb890t said:
Seahawker76":m4yb890t said:

They have great speed off the edge and very stout up the middle.
Danielle Hunter is a freakish athlete making plays all season long. That line will be tough with Hunter, pro-bowler Everson Griffen, an angry Sheldon Richardson and another pro-bowler Linval Joseph plugging up holes. Wilson and Carson will have a difficult day if we call our usual plays.
We know they have very good receivers and their passing can be explosive.. IMO the real test is if we can stop their run game when they decide to commit to it as Zimmer intends to do. Cook and Latavius Murray bring a load and have good hands. They can be explosive using playaction but just haven't committed to the run enough either. Im sure they have studied up on the Hawks and intend to also take the pressure off their QB by establishing their run game.

Chawker

Reaction score
D. Cook has a youtube interview saying thet are going to " impose they will on us " What a friggin joke that is, at home with the 12 going nutz. Good luck with that one.
Cheers