Seahawks Retro Uniform Petition

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I created a petition for those of us 12's that would love to see the Seahawks bring back the retro uniforms for a game or two each season (including vinyl-wrapped silver helmets and old logo). If you are like me and would love to see that would you please sign my petition and pass it on wherever and however you see fit? The goal is 12,000 signatures and if I meet it I will present it to VP of Community Outreach, the awesome Mike Flood.

Thanks 12's let's make this happen!!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bri ... wks-retros

Maulbert

Reaction score
No offense, I love those classic unis and I have no doubt they'll eventually come back when the NFL pulls it's head out of it's ass with the single helmet rule, but these petitions do jack squat.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No offense but it's better than nothing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I know I asked this is another thread but I don't remember what thread so I don't know where to go to see if anybody answered it, but does anybody know the logic/rationale behind the one helmet rule?

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkGA":axapztu7 said:
I know I asked this is another thread but I don't remember what thread so I don't know where to go to see if anybody answered it, but does anybody know the logic/rationale behind the one helmet rule?

I believe it's because they would have to manufacture a complete set of helmets to custom fit each player.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Todd, thank you for the picture. When I first opened the thread and started reading it, I like 'meh' But then I saw the picture of Russell Wilson in the Old Uniform, and it looks AWESOME!

I'm signing. :2thumbs:

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":2u183ch4 said:
HawkGA":2u183ch4 said:

I believe it's because they would have to manufacture a complete set of helmets to custom fit each player.

That's a pretty cheap-ass reason. I suspect, and I could be wrong, but I suspect they'd make more money from bringing more throwback helmets back than the expense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2fbhd5ca said:
ivotuk":2fbhd5ca said:
HawkGA":2fbhd5ca said:

That's a pretty cheap-ass reason. I suspect, and I could be wrong, but I suspect they'd make more money from bringing more throwback helmets back than the expense.

Good point. They'd probably sell a lot of the old school mini-helmets.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Will this actually do anything though? This stuff is up to Goodell. Only he can get rid of his stupid helmet rule right?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are work-arounds such as vinyl wraps for the helmets. But I agree, I can't figure out why the NFL doesn't go ahead and make alternative helmets for the players...It's just money going back in their pockets with the merchandising.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3ilfxuub said:
GeekHawk":3ilfxuub said:
BlueThunder":3ilfxuub said:
Rick Mirer never looked better.

Rick Mirer wasn't black enough either. :mrgreen:

I thought he just sucked.
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Only after he played behind a line that was just as bad as the last three years line and gave him David Carr syndrome, ( or what I call Ric Mirere Syndrome) god he was hit a lot. Just remember still him and Cortez having the Vendor come down and getting Hotdogs during the game.

Initially he didn't look all that bad.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":33675cx0 said:
I thought he just sucked.
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Well, he did win AFC Rookie of the year, but then it was pretty much all downhill after that. To think that if we had just lost to New England the season before that draft we would have had Drew Bledsoe. :(

Seahawk

Reaction score
The retro Look is fine, no need to get actual old helmets. It's just the graphic that you care about, right?

I'd be fine with the old look for one game a season.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawk":28gil65h said:
The retro Look is fine, no need to get actual old helmets. It's just the graphic that you care about, right?

:lol: Who said we would want them to dig up old helmets? The old ones wouldn’t comply with modern standards anyway. Of course modern helmets in the old color and logo.

Seahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1xuk1t1b said:
Seahawk":1xuk1t1b said:

:lol: Who said we would want them to dig up old helmets? The old ones wouldn’t comply with modern standards anyway. Of course modern helmets in the old color and logo.
Maybe I'm not understanding the posts about the single helmet rule. Why is this rule stopping the Hawks from wearing retro uniforms and prompting OP to make a petition?

Latest posts