Jake Heaps - Final Play against Rams

Jville

Reaction score
So many variables on any given play. It's hard to make cause and affect appraisals on game day with any confidence. Post game video review is the avenue to enlightenment.

Thanks for posting.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Jaron Brown is an inside mole. Once Seattle showed interest, he and the Arizona brass made the decision that he should sign the one year deal (with the promise that he will sign with Arizona again in free agency next year) and infiltrate and gain as much intel on Seattle as he could, and if possible, purposely and stealthily play a part in the failings of any winnable games that are lost. It all makes too much sense! He's already stated that he had always loathed this team during his time in the desert. :sarcasm_on:

Honestly though, thanks for sharing. I really enjoy these vids. It's always good to see from other angles.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yea this also tells me these are some easy fixes hopefully. No idea what Jaron Brown was thinking there, I feel like Tate or Richardson in that position wouldn't have had that brain fart

rcaido

Reaction score
Should have dropped Brown and get a comp pick instead. He better make up for it in one of the big games.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'm always amazed when NFL athletes do things that are contrary to what they have been taught since middle school.
What wide receiver has EVER been told that when your QB is scrambling , you run in the opposite direction into coverage and leave the QB on an island?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
rcaido":134ronj5 said:
Should have dropped Brown and get a comp pick instead. He better make up for it in one of the big games.

He's scored three touchdowns this year and sealed a block for a fourth (one of Mike Davis' rushing TD). The blonde moment last week was unfortunate, but he's still brought more production than most fourth-round picks do.

chawx

Reaction score
Brown MUST have thought he was clearing out space for Doug to flow with Russell...but man, that was just an idiotic move by him on so many levels. Could Russ have tucked it and gotten the 10? I know there was a CB right there, but I feel like vintage Russ could have pulled it down, made that dude miss or stiff armed him and gotten to the sticks. But, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

TreeRon

Reaction score
chawx":324cmuc6 said:
Brown MUST have thought he was clearing out space for Doug to flow with Russell...but man, that was just an idiotic move by him on so many levels. Could Russ have tucked it and gotten the 10? I know there was a CB right there, but I feel like vintage Russ could have pulled it down, made that dude miss or stiff armed him and gotten to the sticks. But, maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

I think RW was worried about using too much clock. In hind sight, he probably still should have ran it but in those few milli seconds, who knows.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
TreeRon":3kxua77y said:
chawx":3kxua77y said:

I think RW was worried about using too much clock. In hind sight, he probably still should have ran it but in those few milli seconds, who knows.

I don't think he would have gotten that far. He had Aaron Donald if I"m not mistaken on his heels. If he tries to juke the CB he get's tackled from behind.

mrt144

Reaction score
TreeRon":215k3f33 said:
I'm always amazed when NFL athletes do things that are contrary to what they have been taught since middle school.
What wide receiver has EVER been told that when your QB is scrambling , you run in the opposite direction into coverage and leave the QB on an island?

I think the ability to not lose your damn mind is part of a player's skillset and what makes one player potentially more talented than another.

lobohawk

Reaction score
So much for all the hand wringing that Wilson was flaking on the last play. It also illustrates the BS line that it's all on the QB to win in the end. These are teams and as such need everyone.

For example, Brady years ago sealed the deal by throwing an interception to the Chargers in the playoffs. Would have lost, but for the heady play by a WR to strip the DB. Brady goes on to be acclaimed as unstoppable and who you want to have the ball in the end. While he basically lost the game (see also the Tuck).

Pundits and fans love crowning/blaming QBs far beyond their actual role.

DJrmb

Reaction score
This was really good and it shines a light on some of the struggles in the passing game...