so ahead of thursday's game

niveky

Reaction score
I was just looking on NFL.com at the matchup page with the packers and got to looking at the stats for each team so far this year, specifically quarterbacks.....

Russell Wilson Attempts 247 CP% 66% Yards 1967 TD's 21 Int's 5 Rating 110.16 QBR 58.9

Aaron Rodgers Attempts 355 CP% Yards 2741 61% TD's 17 Int's 1 99,98 QBR 56.1

Yes, Aaron Rodgers has thrown for more yards and has only 1 interception, but Wilson is completing 5% more of his passes, has 4 more touchdowns and while he has 5 int's for the year that is actually pretty good for this time of year. If Wilson only had 10 interceptions by the end of the year that would probably be less than most other quarterbacks out there.

This doesn't even take into each quarterbacks other stats but i did look at a couple of things. Rodgers has been sacked almost as much as Wilson. He has been taken down 25 times to Wilson's 29. Wilson(210 yds), no surprise, has rushed for more yards than Rodgers(145 yds) although I am surprised Wilson is not up more there. I thought he had been running more a bit in some of the games than just last sunday.

It seems that Wilson is playing better overall, despite not having the yards. Yes, Rodgers is still doing the outstanding job of taking care of the football, but Wilson is being more efficient with his opportunities. Would his completion percentage maybe be a bit lower if he was throwing as much, maybe, but with less attempts he has still put up more points for his team than Aaron Rodgers.

I really think that, for the most part, Wilson is getting the most out of the passing opportunities that Carroll and Shotty are alotting for the offense. He has always been a team guy first and so I am sure he is sticking to what they want as much as possible. I really feel like I would be mostly okay with what they are doing if the team can execute better and the coaches maybe let a little more slack off of Wilson's leash.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A lot of folks are about to be surprised by Green Bay's rushing ability. Their rushing offense is #2 in the league by DVOA, and Aaron Jones has the league's highest YPA (6.8). And we've been struggling to stop running backs lately.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not having Cobb will help us a lot, quick and twitchy is our Achilles heal. Means they may have to use I don't catch over the middle Graham more.

rcaido

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1h64dffi said:
A lot of folks are about to be surprised by Green Bay's rushing ability. Their rushing offense is #2 in the league by DVOA, and Aaron Jones has the league's highest YPA (6.8). And we've been struggling to stop running backs lately.

Its a prime time game that means Erin wants to be the highlight.

Who will be the enforcer on Graham? This is the time i miss Kam so much, when there is good receiver but very soft player.

Also for some reason haha dix seem to have Wilson's number, glad he is gone. We should be able to run all over the packers.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I'm also concerned about Aaron Jones. He's looked pretty good, shows good balance, and has break away speed. The Packers are gonna be tough. And we all know the Packers have given Russ fits so I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Russ can play like crap like he usually does against the Packers. Or, he may look completely different against the Packers in this offense. Also, we'll be facing Rodgers for the first time in years without Earl or Kam, if I'm not mistaken :( :cry: