Brock Huard gave Wilson a B+ grade for yesterday's game.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?

Ozzy

Reaction score
He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Wilson made some great throws, including three TDs. 123.2 QB rating. Rushed for 92 yards. He had the fumble but then he led a TD drive right after that. 31 points on the road. B+ seems right.

He should have gotten rid of the ball faster on a few 3rd downs.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree on holding on too long.Brock on the radio said from his view on most of them no one was open though and we just weren’t getting separation.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":29vqz46h said:
He had a passer rating nearing 130 if I remember correctly, had 3 touchdowns and ran for 92 yards. I thought he played pretty good actually. The turnover wasn’t just his fault, Brown got torched off the edge and Russ was hit very early in his drop. He wasn’t perfect but he played pretty well imo.

This.
Somewhere I read he was hit in 2.5 seconds on that strip sack. That is more on the Oline than on Russell.

erik2690

Reaction score
Seymour":1tm96rmb said:
austinslater25":1tm96rmb said:

This.
Somewhere I read he was hit in 2.5 seconds on that strip sack. That is more on the Oline than on Russell.

Unless the argument is that he took way too much time I don't see how you argue the fumble was much his fault at all b/c you fumble that ball 90/100 if you get hit in the throwing motion from the blindside.

AgentDib

Reaction score
B+ seems reasonable to me if you consider that he was an A+ in the running game and a B- in the passing game. It was a good overall performance and would have beaten most NFL teams. He's capable of playing better but we could have won if we had gotten a little more from a number of places besides just the QB.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
I'd give him a solid B. The passing got wobbly later in the game as their defense adjusted but overall a good performance.

Our D lost the game more than anything but did so against an opposing team's offense that is firing well this season so for a young crew not terrible shame in that.

We played a very good team very close and just got outplayed that final quarter.

We knew going into this season expectations were low. I'd say the Hawks have already managed to exceed those expectations a bit. Lots of unanswered questions moving forward but hey at least we have an O-line and running game to try and use to win these days. And the D, young as they are, play hungry so it's been fun if not overly successful win-wise.

That's football.

hawks85

Reaction score
austinslater25":3vuj6bou said:
Bingo.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":pcrgf1kw said:
When a quarterback turns the ball over and digs a hole in the 4th quarter in what was a close game....how is that a B plus performance?

When a Quarterback's only turnover is a sack strip fumble in 2.6 seconds or under in his BLINDSPOT then yes, most reasonable people will give him a mulligan. Also, Wilson is a part of our run game success. On Penny's TD run the LB completely crashed in on Wilson expecting him to run. Wilson also changes plays at the line

No one criticizes Wilson harsher than some fans. I was reading Vrabel's quote on Tom Brady and he basically said that if you pressure Brady and force him to go to his second read he crumbles :roll:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":d19064pf said:
austinslater25":d19064pf said:

This.
Yup, that's on the OL.

A successful block is held for 2.5 seconds or more. That means the DL should only be disengaging from the block at 2.5 seconds, not hitting the QB.

Having said that, it's not like the Rams' DL sucks. Probably equal parts credit to them and blame on Brown.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He did have a good game, if you want to blame him for crap play calling in the 2nd half, have at it. Having him sit in the pocket cost them the game, absolutely no excuse for doing it, and it cost them the game.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
B+?
130 passer rating?

They should really consider trading him. :stirthepot:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There really isn't room for a lot of valid criticism this week on the offensive side of the ball, Wilson included. Dude had what is probably his third best game of the season, and the offense scored 31 points.

They had a chance to win at the end, but were behind because they couldn't keep the Rams locked down enough on defense. Gurley had a 7.5 YPC average with 120 yards (their team had 6.5 YPC for 149 yards), and Goff got over 300 yards with a couple of TDs. They only had to punt twice.

If the defense could have kept them locked down enough to kick a couple of more punts, this offense was more than enough to win. And it was the right kind of offense - a lot of punishing rushing.

Wilson played a hell of a lot better than Tom Brady did this week, just so the "Patriots always" crew is tracking.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'd have given Wilson a A-.

Strip sack was not his fault. Onside kick idea was not his. Those two things likely cost us the victor more than anything else. Wilson led the offence admirably with a lot of clutch throws into tight windows (Vannett and Lockett TD's were throws many QB's don't make).

Just wasn't enough in the end. But really the loss was all on the defense that was shredded by the Rams for 7-8 yards a play and not a single turnover. Russ was the least of the teams problems.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Duane Brown has quietly been quite mediocre since he came here.

lobohawk

Reaction score
ON the strip sack, it was pointed out by Romo that Wilson couldn't step up and Brown's block would have been fine but for that fact. It happens. Unfortunately it happened at that time.

Seymour

Reaction score
lobohawk":f40nr3lh said:
ON the strip sack, it was pointed out by Romo that Wilson couldn't step up and Brown's block would have been fine but for that fact. It happens. Unfortunately it happened at that time.

I don't remember hearing that from Romo, but that sure is exactly what I saw. Russ had nowhere to go with the ball as the middle was being pushed back toward him along with blind side pressure. He would have had to do something around the 1.5 second mark which nobody can really expect.

Schotty wants him to stay in "the pocket"....be careful what you ask for.

rjdriver

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11koui3i said:

Which is exponentially better than awful. I think he’s worth every penny what we gave him so far.

Seymour

Reaction score
rjdriver":16y7gnur said:
MontanaHawk05":16y7gnur said:

Which is exponentially better than awful. I think he’s worth every penny what we gave him so far.

I agree.
Brown has given up a few here and there, but is still rated higher than Okung is right now. Okung makes more $$ and their age is similar so I'd say we came out ahead given our other options at the time.