He’s baaack . . . Chris Carson that is

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/1062105145117302784[/tweet]

Also, Fluker and McDougald are expected to play. Wright might not play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' love that we now have 3 backs who have gained 100 yards in a game. And what about Mckissic? Any word on his return? That's another solid weapon to the mix.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17h2d833 said:
Gotta' love that we now have 3 backs who have gained 100 yards in a game. And what about Mckissic?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1062105471916507136[/tweet]

When they decide McKissic is ready, they may have to make the decision to waive C.J. Prosise.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hell yeah!! SMEAR~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's use different backs, though. I don't think Carson's body can handle 100 yrds gm. Let's give the rook some love--he looked incredible when he got a few touches. Let's go one-two punch with the fb in the gl grunt package (he he! I said package!)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

sutz

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1hwi6nus said:
Let's use different backs, though. I don't think Carson's body can handle 100 yrds gm. Let's give the rook some love--he looked incredible when he got a few touches. Let's go one-two punch with the fb in the gl grunt package (he he! I said package!)

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Carson is great and runs hard, but it doesn't look like he has the durability to go 20 per for a whole season.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":34ib87h0 said:

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This!! He will run through a wall for those 5-10 carries. Will be great!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Penny played well enough that he will have a larger role moving forward.

chris98251

Reaction score
A couple games with Carson first half and Penny second half and Davis in between would be great and keep them fresh or however we mix it up.

I like a dominant back approach personally, you know 20 to 25 carries, but if the O line doesn't have to adjust to the back and all three styles work a defense has a problem gauging speed and cut points, all three of these guys are uniquely different in how they run.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
One good game and people are trying to say he should unseat Carson? Funny. Penny is not a good back, as I said in the game forum even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. Third string is where this kid belongs. Thus far he seems to only have success running on sweeps, and to the outside. Use him there, and let Davis and Carson gain the hard yards through the middle. It's good that he recognized the holes and was a bit more decisive, but something about Penny still stinks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":x7hvdra3 said:
One good game and people are trying to say he should unseat Carson? Funny. Penny is not a good back, as I said in the game forum even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. Third string is where this kid belongs. Thus far he seems to only have success running on sweeps, and to the outside. Use him there, and let Davis and Carson gain the hard yards through the middle. It's good that he recognized the holes and was a bit more decisive, but something about Penny still stinks.

There is no data to point to your opinion . Basically you are saying despite the mounds and mounds of evidence and past performance he is great you feel he is not good. Is the world flat? That’s a bit ridiculous.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":11asc5sf said:

Yeah so you said that about Shaun Alexander also then I assume.............

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2bwwmwtm said:
Spin Doctor":2bwwmwtm said:

Nope. Alexander could run up the middle and, even at the goal line he could be a bruiser. Just don't see many redeeming qualities with Penny. He is going to be a bust, and people are free to quote me on that.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":298olfwt said:
chris98251":298olfwt said:
Spin Doctor":298olfwt said:

Nope. Alexander could run up the middle and, even at the goal line he could be a bruiser. Just don't see many redeeming qualities with Penny. He is going to be a bust, and people are free to quote me on that.

I saw improvements from the first regular season game, I also saw a slimmer Penny. I am praying that you are wrong, we the Seahawks need an every down back, Carson doesn't seem to be the one with his running style.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
How exactly will we know when/if he's a bust? Seems vague. He already had his first rush td and 100 yd game. Or does he have to put together a hall of fame career? I mean, put some parameters around this.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2g1ye03c said:
How exactly will we know when/if he's a bust? Seems vague. He already had his first rush td and 100 yd game. Or does he have to put together a hall of fame career? I mean, put some parameters around this.
You'd know whether he was a bust or not. I will eat crow if he turns out to be decent. For example, if he turns out like this guy it is safe to say that he is a bust: http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/ ... richardson

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Carson coming back is huge for us. Piss on the naysayers claiming he's Prosise like injury prone. Have a game kid!

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3vbgzkmv said:
chris98251":3vbgzkmv said:
Spin Doctor":3vbgzkmv said:

He did this how many times his first year ?

He did this how many times without a Elite Line in Hutch, Jones, Tobeck, Grey, and whomever was the Right Tackle that year?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2nqm7y6z said:
Hell yeah! Carson coming back is huge for us. Piss on the naysayers claiming he's Prosise like injury prone. Have a game kid!

He has missed more games then played. Currently he has missed 14 of a possible 24 games played due to injury. That is Prosise territory.