Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Anyone catch Donald trying to fight Britt after the game?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

LOL, no fan of any team should say a word about dirty play when they start Suh week in and week out on their own squad. If that guy could stab somebody during the game and get away with it, he would.

While true that Suh has been a dirty player throughout his career, the Rams under McVay have not been "cheapshot artists", at all. We've rarely been called for roughing the passer this year.

I noticed Seattle getting chippy just like the Rams used to under Fisher the first time we played them this year. It boiled over this game. Donald shouldn't have done that, but the Rams I'm sure were pretty emotional yesterday with everything that happened in their back yard the past week.

It's funny that this is even a thread because this was all started by Britt clearly hitting Donald out of bounds. Without that play, none of this happens.

Donald is not someone I would label as dirty at all.

We had our owner pass away and a long time Coach pass away recently, I feel bad for the people affected by the fires, we had smoke here for a month due to them in Eastern Washington and Canada this summer and it's not pleasant, but you can't use that as an excuse.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Yeah, it sucks what's going on out there. But this wasn't a close game because of the fires. Every time the Hawks play a good game, someone comes out and makes excuses for the other team :?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, it sucks what's going on out there. But this wasn't a close game because of the fires. Every time the Hawks play a good game, someone comes out and makes excuses for the other team :?

Whoa that's not even close to what I was doing.

The Rams under McVay almost never rack up unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Hell we've even been one of the best teams IMO at not roughing the QB. We picked up a few yesterday, but going low on a QB when you're blocked is something that is just going to happen. It wasn't intentional.

So when I watch yesterday's game and see the numerous boneheaded penalties, yes I think that the combination of the shooting taking place in the community where some of these guys lived coupled with 20 people in the organization temporarily displaced by the fires could have played a part in the Rams emotional response to what was happening yesterday - because again, under McVay we've rarely had those types of penalties.

But in no way do I think that's why the game was close.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• Not talking about you. Just a select few who refuse to give the Hawks credit for anything. It's odd and creepy all wrapped up in one :lol:

Shoot, as much as I joke about the Rams, they are damn good. They reminded me of the old Hawks w/all those dumb penalties. There was a time where every time a play would end you would be holding your breath hoping someone wouldn't do something stupid on the Hawks. Or you'd be like "walk away!"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Never seen so much crying about an out of bounds push. That Ram article was pathetic. And in fact, the Ram's fans should have a 10yr ban on whining considering the Jeff Fisher years. There are hundreds of o-o-b hits and I don't see folks bleeting all over the place. I mean...how dare the Ram Dream Team have bad things done to them.
    Pathetic.

Britt deserved the penalty and lil Aaron needs to take his pacifier out. Maybe he's just whining, cause it's usually the D that does all the o-o-b hits and this time it was his turn.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• Whether you win or lose, giving up 270+ rushing yards will make frustrate a defense. A hit out of bounds in the heat of a play is far different that putting on a helmet and trying to start a fight. Donald lost all of my respect in that moment. Classless. :pukeface:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

It's funny that this is even a thread because this was all started by Britt clearly hitting Donald out of bounds. Without that play, none of this happens.

This kind of thing happens almost every game. The difference was how Donald responded.

btw....is McVay still having them hike early in the clock, so he could call the plays at the line like they do in college?

Also, someone grabs my helmet after the game like that will end up with broke fingers. Shouldn't have hooked 'em in there, if you didn't want them to pop like twigs.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

Not even close, bro. Remember 2013 week 17, when the Rams were going on to yet another 7-9 record and trying to play tough guy at CLink and beat up Seattle before they went onto the playoffs (and SB win?)

Here were the dirty penalties that were accepted. Not even including the ones that missed. This was in a single game...most teams don't get this many in a full season.

E.Sims, Unnecessary Roughness
      C.Reynolds, Unnecessary Roughness
      R.Armstrong, Unnecessary Roughness
      J.Laurinaitis, Taunting
      A.Ogletree, Unnecessary Roughness
      A.Ogletree, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
      K.Langford, Disqualification (and EXPLOSION OF HELMET PIECES)
      K.Langford, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
      R.Armstrong, Unsportsmanlike Conduct (verbal abuse of an official)
      D.Stewart, Unsportsmanlike Conduct

That was the Fisher/Williams plan on defense, while they both just stared into space on the sidelines without once trying to reel in their scumbag players. Nice to see that nothing has changed in that organization.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Just a few thoughts.

I got no problem with Donald putting the helmet on and seeking out Britt. The hit by Britt was dirty, but so are a ton of NFL plays. Donald wanted to confront him, I doubt he was ever going to fight him. I got a lot of respect for both guys.

Also, those saying we have a rivalry with the Rams is very premature. It's been two games. Sure they were to close games, but we aren't in the same league as the Rams. LA is a SB contender right now, we likely won't even make the playoffs. Saying that we have a rivalry with the Rams right now is like a Rams fan from 4 years ago saying they have a rivalry with Seattle because they used to play us close. The Rams are not worried about the Seahawks as of now. If we can step up our game and become a playoff team, then maybe we can talk about a rivalry. But for now, not close.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Removing the pads and putting the helmet on was premeditating a fight. Not to mention running across the field to the visiting sideline to do so, well after the game was over. But of course nothing will come of it because of next week's battle of the 9-1s in Mexico City. Donald will get a standard $7,875 slap-on-the-wrist fine and won't even get suspended for trying to start a riot while Michael Thomas will have to cough up $30,000 for celebrating a TD with a phone.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt Largent wrote:

LOL, no fan of any team should say a word about dirty play when they start Suh week in and week out on their own squad. If that guy could stab somebody during the game and get away with it, he would.

While true that Suh has been a dirty player throughout his career, the Rams under McVay have not been "cheapshot artists", at all. We've rarely been called for roughing the passer this year.

I noticed Seattle getting chippy just like the Rams used to under Fisher the first time we played them this year. It boiled over this game. Donald shouldn't have done that, but..... <insert excuses for bad behavior here> .
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Britts action, though perhaps uncalled for was in the heat of the moment..

Donalds, was clearly planned.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

How many flags for "Cheap Shot" plays did the Rams get in this game?-----WAY MORE than the Seahawks did..."Jeff Fisher Tactic" Indeed :lol:
    Donald is ALMOST as big a Horses Ass as Suh......Fisher Tactics :rofl:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• The stripes of some players don't change, McVay may not be a Coach that condones that kind of play but the players brought in and those that remained have that history, Suh, Talib, Fowler, Peters, and some others.

And yes McVay to his credit did go and tell his D line that we don't play that way and take stupid penalties during the game.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Whether you win or lose, giving up 270+ rushing yards will make frustrate a defense. A hit out of bounds in the heat of a play is far different that putting on a helmet and trying to start a fight. Donald lost all of my respect in that moment. Classless. :pukeface:

Man. I couldn't agree more, I use to think that Donald (Aaron not Trump) was All Pro & a pretty decent guy, man what a let down, turns out that he's just a Talented Football Playing Punk Ass. :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Donald put his helmet on so Britt couldn’t punch his lights out. It was pretty premeditated on his part and he’s lucky the Hawks OLine group didn’t mess him up. Weak sauce on his part. Hope we get to see those guys again this year two games were very close. They are a good team but the they can be beat.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Donald put his helmet on so Britt couldn’t punch his lights out. It was pretty premeditated on his part and he’s lucky the Hawks OLine group didn’t mess him up. Weak sauce on his part. Hope we get to see those guys again this year two games were very close. They are a good team but the they can be beat.

Dilly Dilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Assembled a bunch of mercenaries in LA.

They were already the dirtiest team in the league as taught by Fisher.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• And all it will get them is a playoff loss, all while a crap ton of people will wonder why they crowned them champs before the season.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Popeyejones wrote:It didn't seem like he was trying to fight him though. He wanted to jaw with him, and he did. If he wanted to tee off on him he would have, but he didn't, he started jawing at him and then waited for them to be pulled apart.

FWIW I read putting his helmet on beforehand as pretty smart, not a sign of intent that he for some reason didn't act on.

Absolute pure speculation. You are making excuses for his actions. Fact is, no one knows exactly what he was "thinking". But from his actions we can tell what he was expecting. Sure, it was smart to put the helmet on but only if he expected physical contact. That itself is intent.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:It didn't seem like he was trying to fight him though. He wanted to jaw with him, and he did. If he wanted to tee off on him he would have, but he didn't, he started jawing at him and then waited for them to be pulled apart.

FWIW I read putting his helmet on beforehand as pretty smart, not a sign of intent that he for some reason didn't act on.

Absolute pure speculation. You are making excuses for his actions. Fact is, no one knows exactly what he was "thinking". But from his actions we can tell what he was expecting. Sure, it was smart to put the helmet on but only if he expected physical contact. That itself is intent.

(1) "Your are making excuses for his actions": In order to make this argument, did you purposefully or "accidentally" deleted out the first sentence of my post, which read "Donald was absolutely wrong to confront him after the game. No argument there."?

That's crap, man. Don't quote my post while deleting out the only part of it that makes your baseless accusation obviously incorrect.

(2) Absolute pure speculation.: This is correct. I am 100% speculating that if he went out there planning on getting in a fist fight or wrestling match with Britt that he would have, well, like, gotten in a fist fight or wrestling match with Britt.

If we are going to try to divine his intent, we should do so by his actions. That leaves us two options:

(1) He went out there planning on teeing off on Britt, but for unexplained reasons did not.
    (2) He went out there planning on jawing with Britt, and then did what he was planning on doing.

We don't know which one of those is true. You have no argument from me there. So, while I am speculating, I'm also relying on the data point we do have -- his ACTIONS -- to try to figure out his intent. It is, I believe, for obvious reasons, better than assigning intent that contradicts actions.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• So if Donald went over to jaw at Britt why did he put his helmet on?

If something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is probably a duck.

Donald was po’d with Britt for the earlier sideline exchange and wanted some get even. Seemed pretty obvious to most everyone who watched that he wanted to fight.

In that exchange I’d put my money on the bigger stronger guy. Stupid stuff anyway.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Brill was blocking in to that guy earlier in the game. Donald is just acting like Suh Part 2.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Popeyejones wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:It didn't seem like he was trying to fight him though. He wanted to jaw with him, and he did. If he wanted to tee off on him he would have, but he didn't, he started jawing at him and then waited for them to be pulled apart.

(1) "Your are making excuses for his actions": In order to make this argument, did you purposefully or "accidentally" deleted out the first sentence of my post, which read "Donald was absolutely wrong to confront him after the game. No argument there."?

That's crap, man. Don't quote my post while deleting out the only part of it that makes your baseless accusation obviously incorrect.

(2) Absolute pure speculation.: This is correct. I am 100% speculating that if he went out there planning on getting in a fist fight or wrestling match with Britt that he would have, well, like, gotten in a fist fight or wrestling match with Britt.

If we are going to try to divine his intent, we should do so by his actions. That leaves us two options:

(1) He went out there planning on teeing off on Britt, but for unexplained reasons did not.
    (2) He went out there planning on jawing with Britt, and then did what he was planning on doing.

We don't know which one of those is true. You have no argument from me there. So, while I am speculating, I'm also relying on the data point we do have -- his ACTIONS -- to try to figure out his intent. It is, I believe, for obvious reasons, better than assigning intent that contradicts actions.

I purposefully left it out because it had nothing to do with your speculation. All it would have done was make the entire post seem crowded and overly extensive. I wasn't trying to be deceptive or sneaky or anything else like that. So don't get your panties in a bunch.The part that was quoted is absolutely an excuse for his actions. That has nothing to do with the fact that you believe he was wrong in doing what he did.

Your 2 options are absent the obvious. HE PUT THE HELMET ON FOR A REASON!!!
    Reason? In case some physical contact happened. He had no idea what was going to happen but you can bet your sweet ass he wasn't expecting flowers.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:I purposefully left it out because it had nothing to do with your speculation. All it would have done was make the entire post seem crowded and overly extensive. I wasn't trying to be deceptive or sneaky or anything else like that. So don't get your panties in a bunch.The part that was quoted is absolutely an excuse for his actions. That has nothing to do with the fact that you believe he was wrong in doing what he did.

Oh, okay, so in accusing my of excusing his actions, you deleted the first sentence of my post which condemned his actions, and had just deleted out the first sentence of my post which condemned his actions because it made the post "seem crowded."

Riiiiiiight. :roll: :lol: :lol:

MD5eahawks wrote:Your 2 options are absent the obvious. HE PUT THE HELMET ON FOR A REASON!!!
    Reason? In case some physical contact happened. He had no idea what was going to happen but you can bet your sweet ass he wasn't expecting flowers.

Cool speculation. I think you may have forgotten that your objection to my post was that it was based on speculation. It turns out you don't actually have a problem with speculation. You just prefer your speculation. Fun. :irishdrinkers:

(I've said what I have to say on this, so if you want to response, i'll read it, but am not gonna continue on with it. ) :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• To those who compare us to the Fisher led Rams... You can't be serious right?

This is a championship caliber organization. We only missed the playoffs last year cause of our "dumb idiot kicker" - Peyton Manning.

So please don't compare your old mediocre garbage coach to ours again. You've found success, congrats. You did show however that FIshers tendencies are hanging over your squad by having your leader and all-pro player trying to start a fight with our player AFTER the game was over.

And please, Sherman blasted Marriato last year out of bounds yet no one fought after the game. Kiko Alonso nearly took off Joe Flacco's head and no one fought after the game

It's okay however. The game is over, you won both games fair and square and have a lethal offense that can bring home the Lombardi this year. Good luck the rest of the way and we hope to see you in the playoffs.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• Nope, Zero run defense, no SuperBowl for the Paper Champions.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Popeyejones wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:I purposefully left it out because it had nothing to do with your speculation. All it would have done was make the entire post seem crowded and overly extensive. I wasn't trying to be deceptive or sneaky or anything else like that. So don't get your panties in a bunch.The part that was quoted is absolutely an excuse for his actions. That has nothing to do with the fact that you believe he was wrong in doing what he did.

Oh, okay, so in accusing my of excusing his actions, you deleted the first sentence of my post which condemned his actions, and had just deleted out the first sentence of my post which condemned his actions because it made the post "seem crowded."

Riiiiiiight. :roll: :lol: :lol:

MD5eahawks wrote:Your 2 options are absent the obvious. HE PUT THE HELMET ON FOR A REASON!!!

Cool speculation. I think you may have forgotten that your objection to my post was that it was based on speculation. It turns out you don't actually have a problem with speculation. You just prefer your speculation. Fun. :irishdrinkers:

(I've said what I have to say on this, so if you want to response, i'll read it, but am not gonna continue on with it. ) :2thumbs:

Put the spinach down. ;)
    I think most of our disagreement is actually similar but yet lost in context. No problem. I'm with you on the 'not gonna continue with it'. :2thumbs:
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• ^^^ :2thumbs:

We're good. My bad for being so rhetorical and such a smart ass. :irishdrinkers:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Your 2 options are absent the obvious. HE PUT THE HELMET ON FOR A REASON!!!

If he didn't know what was going to happen and wasn't expecting a big smooch why would he even go over there in the first place unless he meant to confront and possibly have it escalate.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Your 2 options are absent the obvious. HE PUT THE HELMET ON FOR A REASON!!!

If he didn't know what was going to happen and wasn't expecting a big smooch why would he even go over there in the first place unless he meant to confront and possibly have it escalate.

Because he was pissed and wanted to blow off some pent up anger at Britt by yelling at him some more.

Donald's a bad ass on the field, but he's not an idiot. Britt's six inches taller and outweighs him by 30 lbs. You'd put your helmet on too.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Funny, cause it looked to me like the Rams got called for FAR more unsportsmanlike and roughing penalties than Seattle did. Including diving at Wilsons knee, and an extremely late hit later.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• And a typical late hit by Suh. WAY after the fact.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:And a typical late hit by Suh. WAY after the fact.

Suh is by far the dirtiest d-linemen on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• And he didn't even blink an eye. They already tried to take out Wilson's knees earlier in the game. Then all that crap at the end of the game, in addition to the Suh hit. Nothing different with these Rams. Only difference now is that people are making excuses for them. Paper Champions are about to get a rude awakening. Saints knock them out, zero doubt here.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• knownone wrote:Didn't Britt win several wrestling championships? Donald is lucky his teammates are there.

One state title his senior year....45-0
    He took 6th his jr year
    Still, if Donald has no wrestling experience, this would be a HUGE mismatch.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Are fines/suspensions announced tomorrow? Curious to see what slap on the wrist they're going to give Suh Jr.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Am I the only person who sees Britt get pushed from behind into Donald? Or is the thought that the smaller guy behind Britt isn't going to be able to move him? As a guy who is 6'4 230 I can attest to how easy it is to get moved by someone when you're running away from them and they're behind you. It is the ENTIRE reason blocking in the back is illegal. So either people are thinking that the little guy couldn't actually effect Britt's movement or they are COMPLETELY missing this fact...

I see nothing Britt did as wrong in the replay. I get at the time it would look that way, but how is it being missed with the ability to freeze frame as many times as you want? Britt gets shoved from behind into Donald and then does the NATURAL reaction every football player does when getting shoved out of bounds, shove the first person you hit to stop your own momentum. Just like they do to other players, cameraman, etc. (unless people get out of the way)
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Lol unbelievable. I'm really hoping for an earrrrrrrly exit from the Rams this year. That would make me so happy.
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, because that's really gonna' make a dent in that salary. Not sure how he will make it. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information