Frank Clark, who?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
A nobody against good tackles. Soft in run defense, consistently marked by missed tackles.

He will be sure to mark his sack numbers in contract discussion, but he is not a huge factor in wins, such that he deserves over a franchise tag rate in actual salary.

Rat

Reaction score
Maybe, but he has us bent over a barrel because we have no other pass rush. I hope that is a focus of the offseason.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1jvvlf5n said:
He is held 3 out of 4 plays.

If only they threw the flags, shoot, we would be in business! That’s 30 yards per set of downs!

Fade

Reaction score
Frank Clark would have to have a 30 sack season to makeup for the other 3 guys who provide no pressure.

It's easy to scheme for 1 rusher, when you don't have to worry about anyone else.

This is like blaming a runningback for only avg 3.5 yds a carry behind a terrible offensive line.

I find the lack of scheming pressure, and the lack of adding more pass rushers to the team's obvious biggest weakness far more concerning than Frank Clark's inability to put on a cape and be superman 60 snaps a game.

They need to add 3 pass rushers in the off-season via the draft & UFA.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Fade":qqhkpgic said:
Frank Clark would have to have a 30 sack season to makeup for the other 3 guys who provide no pressure.

It's easy to scheme for 1 rusher, when you don't have to worry about anyone else.

This is like blaming a runningback for only avg 3.5 yds a carry behind a terrible offensive line.

I find the lack of scheming pressure, and the lack of adding more pass rushers to the team's obvious biggest weakness far more concerning than Frank Clark's inability to put on a cape and be superman 60 snaps a game.

They need to add 3 pass rushers in the off-season via the draft & UFA.

He killed it alongside Bennet, Avril and Richardson! Hah.

You are saying we need to add 3 unique pass rushers for a franchise tag player to actually dominate?

Let’s not diminish presence of Reed, either.

Clark has been small in big situations against high level competition.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Frank gets a lot of chatter and frankly I don't get it. He doesn't have the bend to run a speed arc pass rush. He could be a pretty good left end, but paying him top dollar would be a mistake.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
He is not Donald that’s for sure. But, give him a counterpart like we had with the Bennet and Avril and he is going to ruin offenses. I hope the team goes out this year and finds that counterpart.

getnasty

Reaction score
Frank Clark is not a Miller or a Mack but he's a good pass rusher. Nobody is saying he's elite, he's not going to get paid as if he's elite. What's the problem?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Solid pass rusher and on this team that makes him rather important.

Just one more guy to help out would make a huge difference.

That said, our D has been reasonable this season and far better than I thought it would be. They're playing tough and given all the changes, I'll take it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
First game of the season in which he's had no impact, and this post shows up.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He will always be the second pass rusher on a team. He is the Robert Mathis looking for a Dwight Freeney

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams line is good, being able to scheme for him not having someone that has that IT factor on the other side is a lot easier for teams like the Rams, one guy can't do it all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why waste money on him?Defenses are being very restricted under the rules
to help offense(s) score high to please the new age fan and promote how
great your offensive player is..You see holding on almost every play by OL's
so it's not hard to figure..The NFL is going the NBA way ..A Mack or Donald
gives you a bit more but Clark isn't going to be at that level to overcome
the rules game being played.