Wild Card Chances......

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawk edition.

Let’s keep this as a running thread to look at, and discuss our chances as each week passes.

I say “wild card” because let’s face it, we have almost no realistic chance of winning our division.

I’m willing to have this discussion for a couple of reasons.

Looking at current standings, I’m pleasantly surprised to see that we are actually right in the thick of the mix.

This is the time of year that I have trouble trying to figure out who to root for, and who to root against

I don’t know about you but my expectations were low going into opening day.
The Seahawks are really starting to gel, and I think they have a VERY realistic chance of snagging a WC spot.
I know it’s early but I’m liking what I’m seeing, and I’m hopeful that the trend continues

Here’s the current situation
http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

There’s a butt load of teams right in the mix but as each week passes the picture will get slightly more clear.
Currently i see either The Saints or Panthers getting one spot, and the other coming from the NFC north.
Having said that, we are not out of it by any means.

It’s obviously way too early, I get it but the hope and possibility of greatness is the reason I’m a fan.
If you think it’s way too early to have a little fun with this, please withhold that opinion until you have something more to contribute.

GoHawks

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I was thinking about this yesterday and things could change quickly. The Rams aren’t going 16-0. If we could beat SD and they lose to the Saints and we beat them next week, we’re suddenly one game out. Stranger things have happened...,

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We need to go minimum 5-4 and likely 6-3 to finish out to grab a WC berth. Very possible. Too early to think about which other teams to root for. We take care of business first and the rest will play out. This next month will make or break the season.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Did y’all happen to catch Howie Long’s comments on Seattle’s chances of a Wildcard spot?
Pregame show today.

Hmmmm

Edit:
He also picked us as his “lock” @home vs the Chargers.

Seems odd for him to be so “high” on the Hawks right now but I’ll take it.

Mizak

Reaction score
Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Mizak":3h12coxl said:
Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

Thanks for the input but this thread isn’t about our chances of winning the SB, or 3 playoff games for that matter.

Feel perfectly free to start that thread if you wish.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
54% to make the playoffs (3% to win the Super Bowl) right now, per this computer:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... id=rrpromo

This week the Seahawks want Detroit to upset Minnesota. They want New England (shiver) to take care of business against Green Bay. They want Buffalo to find a way to beat Chicago at home. Tampa Bay upsetting Carolina could be helpful down the road. On Monday night, Seahawks will want Tennessee to defeat Dallas. :D

Mizak

Reaction score
So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Mizak":newa0o6k said:
So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

LOL

Is that you, lil Jed York?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Mizak":3uuxyzpj said:

Do you plan on derailing this entire thread?

I’ve spoken to you politely so far but that won’t last long if you continue.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
There isn’t a clear pick in the Rams vs. Saints game. That game probably won’t matter a whole lot for the Seahawks’ Wild Card chances.

I will personally be rooting for the Saints to slightly improve the Seahawks slim chance to win the division (if the Rams happen to nosedive).

There is an equally persuasive argument for rooting for the Saints to lose — in case they lose their division and become a Wild Card competitor.

toffee

Reaction score
Mizak":3grq70fk said:

IF we could get into the playoff, I like our chances. Getting into the playoff would be hard, such as today, we have Carson, McDougald, and Brown on questionable. They may play, but may not be 100%.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":37g35syy said:
Mizak":37g35syy said:

IF we could get into the playoff, I like our chances. Getting into the playoff would be hard, such as today, we have Carson, McDougald, and Brown on questionable. They may play, but may not be 100%.

Duane Brown? Double take.

Do you mean K.J. Wright? The team feels really good about Wright and McDougald playing. Carson is a game time decision but practiced all week.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If the Seahawks aren't going to go 16-0, get homefield advantage in the playoffs, shut every team in the playoffs out, and win the Super Bowl, then they might as well start losing so they can get a high draft pick.

Sadly, some are not going to see the sarcasm in this post.

quadsas

Reaction score
pmedic920":43pmfnzo said:
Mizak":43pmfnzo said:

Thanks for the input but this thread isn’t about our chances of winning the SB, or 3 playoff games for that matter.

Feel perfectly free to start that thread if you wish.

Holy shit, you must be joking

nwHawk

Reaction score
Mizak":307qkp6t said:

We play to win - games, seasons and championships. Obviously, you are missing what this team has to offer. Greatness is coming.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Mizak":zjwffmui said:

This is exactly the mindset of the 2011 Indianapolis Colts. "Suck for Luck!" That strategy has netted them exactly zero championships and zero trips to the Super Bowl.

Most people here would rather take the 2012 Seattle Seahawks approach. Started out 2-2 like this year, but steadily improved and made a wild card slot at the end of the year. Lost in the divisional round, got that late 1st round pick, and promptly spent it on the Percy Harvin trade, which of course was the best thing in the world. Despite giving up that high 1st round pick by doing well that year, they went on to win the Super Bowl the following year and went back the next year to almost win again.

LTH

Reaction score
I think the wild card chances are very good. from my perspective I just see the hawks moving forward.... I see that they are not struggling with issues they are working through them effectively which I guess is a combo of great coaching and Talent... the Hawks really do a great job of putting their players in position for success.They are very well coached!

LTH

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well FYI
The Lions are a dumpster fire today.

Bears have 14 pts off 2 freaky turnovers. 28-0 @ the half.

I’m swapping over to a different game.

Panthers are spanking the Bucs

We’re not getting much help so far today.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
pmedic920":le7h5y79 said:
Mizak":le7h5y79 said:

Do you plan on derailing this entire thread?

I’ve spoken to you politely so far but that won’t last long if you continue.

Dude. Why are you always trying to control what others say and think?
Its an open forum for Seahawk discussion.
Just Let it Be