Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wild Card Chances......

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Wild Card Chances......
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm
  • rcaido wrote:I think we need to root against the Bears, & Redskins throughout....Eagles & Vikings will probably win their division.

It will be Seahawks & Greenbay fighting for that last spot. That game will be huge.

This is what I mentioned on the Greenbay chat. I got crickets......

I am cool there...as I have built a rapport with them. But we can hate each other too...if needs be.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm
  • Well, sCam & the Panthers are getting curb stomped. This is good. Hopefully a loss like this will send them into a tailspin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm
  • We’re going to need to get healthy, put everything together and go on a run soon to have a legitimate chance. Our D the 2nd half against the Chargers was encouraging, but we desperately need Carson healthy because our O is garbage without him. He sets up play action and the entire passing game. We’re going to need to go 6-1 likely or at least 5-2 to finish out. Need to play much better at home too.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 pm
  • So, we did ourselves no favors today vs the Rams.

Did we get any help from other teams?

What’s the outlook today?

:{(
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 pm
  • Just went to sub 5% today, imo. Need to competey turn around performance (from losing to winning) and also hope other teams lose week in and week out. It’s not in our hands anymore, and it’s only mideseason. Odds are more than long. . .
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm
  • They can make the playoffs easy, if you can tell me they beat both the Packers & Vikings at home. (Both Night Games.)
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:50 pm
  • Chances are slim. Schedule is tough and we are behind teams that are just better than us.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:51 pm
  • We need a winning record before seriously considering playoffs at this point. Have to go 6-1 here out realistically.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:58 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Chances are slim. Schedule is tough and we are behind teams that are just better than us.

We're behind the Packers, Vikings, Panthers, and currently the Eagles.
    Not one of those teams scare me any more than the Rams, and we play 3 of them.
    We're tied with ATL and they're still in the South with CAR so I expect them to eventually bow out.
    Wildcard isn't dead.
    Thursday is a must win tho.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Finish out the year 6-1 and if they have to drop 1, make sure it’s not to sCam. No other way around it.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:29 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Chances are slim. Schedule is tough and we are behind teams that are just better than us.

We're behind the Packers, Vikings, Panthers, and currently the Eagles.
    Not one of those teams scare me any more than the Rams, and we play 3 of them.
    We're tied with ATL and they're still in the South with CAR so I expect them to eventually bow out.
    Wildcard isn't dead.
    Thursday is a must win tho.

I just think all those teams you listed are much better than us. All those teams went into the season with SB expectations. We all knew we were taking a step back. Sure we still have a chance, but we are behind in the standings again st superior teams. Thursday is pretty much a must win.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:35 pm
  • The next two games are critical to Post Season hopes. Should we lose both....it's over! We win both....we have a prayer.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:48 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Falcons or Redskins who do we root for...Looks like Patriots are the only team that can help our cause this Sunday.

Pretty sure you should be rooting for the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals from here on out since it helps the Seahawks strength of schedule.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:48 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:The next two games are critical to Post Season hopes. Should we lose both....it's over! We win both....we have a prayer.

You’d be half way there.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:18 am
  • There is a decent chance at the wild card. They just have to learn how to finish a two minute drive at the end. Otherwise to me this team plays better that I expected before the season. Remember that the Rams are at the top of their championship window, Seahawks are only working towards it. In two years, it is going to be the opposite.

If they dont make the playoffs this year its not a huge deal. This is a building year. Next year might come too fast to be real contenders but certainly playoffs should be the minimum acceptable outcome of that year.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:55 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:We need a winning record before seriously considering playoffs at this point. Have to go 6-1 here out realistically.

I don't think so.

Figure the Panthers get one WC. The other will be either Bears, Packers or Vikes.

Since y'all already lost to the Bears - root for them to win the North. Beat the Vikes and Pack at home and finish 8-8 and IMO Seattle will be right there.

Eagles have five losses and play at Saints and Rams still. Falcons have five losses and play at Saints and Panthers..

Vikings are your tough one because even if they lose they'd have to lose another four. So they would need to lose to the Bears, Seahawks and Patriots - which is all possible or even likely. Then they'd need another two losses in games that they'd be favored.

Another route would be hoping for a Panthers collapse - since you can get a tiebreaker with them (Vikes and Pack have ties so no real tiebreaker for you guys unless you tie someone).
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm
  • Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Panthers and Vikings, two of our next three opponents, currently occupy what would be the Wild Card spots.

FiveThirtyEight gives the Seahawks a 37% chance to make the playoffs:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Panthers and Vikings, two of our next three opponents, currently occupy what would be the Wild Card spots.

Precisely what I was about to post.

Let's hope they don't lay an egg against Carolina next week. Would love to see a low-scoring defensive win to put us in good shape for the late season stretch of home games.
    HawksHawksHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm
  • So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
    Packers at 5-4-1

If it came down to it, does the 1/2 game packer lead trump the Head/Head win we have over them?

Pardon my ignorance please.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:54 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Hope is alive. Beating Carolina on the road, 10am start, will be tough but still very doable. I think our running game will travel and if we get pressure on Newton we can do it. Minny at home will be a good game and definitely possible. TCB with SF and KC could be resting starters by that game. We're still in it for sure.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
    Packers at 5-4-1

If it came down to it, does the 1/2 game packer lead trump the Head/Head win we have over them?

Yes, the only way the head to head matters with the Packers or the Vikings is if Seattle has a tie as well.

But after today the Packers are 4-5-1.
    Last edited by JGreen79 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 pm

We’re at 5-5
    Packers at 5-4-1

Yes.

If the pack finishes 9-6-1 for example, we would need to be 10-6 despite our head to head win.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm
  • We have 6 games left. I guess we have to go 2-1 in the games against the Panthers, Vikings, or Chiefs. Of course, I'm considering we sweep both SF and AZ.
    soje
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 pm

We’re at 5-5
    Packers at 5-4-1

Yes packers would make it over us in that case... head to head is a "tie break" and we wouldnt be tied with them, they would be a half game ahead like you said
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 pm
  • Well, that bumps our chances a bit, anyway. Can only play one game at a time.

Tough trip to Carolina coming. At least we get the extra days rest.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
    Packers at 5-4-1

Yes packers would make it over us in that case... head to head is a "tie break" and we wouldnt be tied with them, they would be a half game ahead like you said

The packers are 4-5-1
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 pm
  • This is a championship run guys...enjoy it!!

LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 pm
  • Brutal task of games in which we need to be nothing short of stellar first, somehow think that Bears game might end up being the tiebreaker heart break.

DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:25 am
  • we beat the Panthers there is a chance they can slip up the second wildcard. they still have to play the saints twice and falcons which already beat them.

must win against Panthers and Vikings. if we have to lose a game it would be against the chiefs. hopefully by then the 49ers and cards are in tank mode.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:23 am
  • HawksHawksHawks wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Precisely what I was about to post.

Let's hope they don't lay an egg against Carolina next week. Would love to see a low-scoring defensive win to put us in good shape for the late season stretch of home games.
    4 home games we get Kendricks back before the Vikings game. Games against 49'ers and cardinals are really doable and the chiefs might have clinched a bye when we play them. If we win next week a wildcard seems very achievable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn RNE-L21 met Tapatalk
    flufferd
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:05 am
  • We're winning out and going 11-5. It started last night.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:08 am
  • Looking forward to us making the wildcard and ending the Redskins playoff run for the 4th time in 5 trips for them.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:22 am
  • I'm liking the odds. Shutting down Mahomes will be a challenge, and Danielle Hunter is on a rip this season. It would make me the happiest fan on earth if we could make Mahomes look like a rookie!
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 am
  • Win @Carolina is going to be really hard but I b3lieve in #3.

10-6 is possible (L will come @Panthers or vs. Chiefs) and it will be enough to witness a playoff game before we go home until september 2019 #championshipseason.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 am
  • Coxal wrote:Win @Carolina is going to be really hard but I b3lieve in #3....
    If the Panthers lay an egg like they did against the Steelers (52 points!)a win might be less than really hard.

Sunny days ahead.
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 am
  • We play Chiefs at end of Dec, right? They may have clinched by then. They might be resting starters. :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:37 am
  • sutz wrote:We play Chiefs at end of Dec, right? They may have clinched by then. They might be resting starters. :twisted:

This is exactly what I was about to write.

IF we beat the Niners twice and Cards at home, then we have to pick up 1-2 games to have a shot at a WC.

@ Panthers? Probably Not
    Home vs Vikings? Very possible
    Home vs Chiefs? Tough game if Chiefs are playing for HFA or even to win their division if the Chargers keep rolling.

Gotta root like hell against whoever the Chargers are playing, and for the Chiefs to keep rolling so they have HFA locked up by week 15.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 am
  • I like the fact that we have some really tough games left on the schedule. One thing about this season--I came in with zero expectations and I feel like I have enjoyed watching the team fight through some really tough opponents. I think when it's all said and done, we are going to lament being SOOOO close in SOOOO many of the games from the first half.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    sutz wrote:We play Chiefs at end of Dec, right? They may have clinched by then. They might be resting starters. :twisted:

This is exactly what I was about to write.

IF we beat the Niners twice and Cards at home, then we have to pick up 1-2 games to have a shot at a WC.

@ Panthers? Probably Not
    Home vs Vikings? Very possible
    Home vs Chiefs? Tough game if Chiefs are playing for HFA or even to win their division if the Chargers keep rolling.

Gotta root like hell against whoever the Chargers are playing, and for the Chiefs to keep rolling so they have HFA locked up by week 15.

That's a good point. I never considered what would happen if the KC clinches top NFC seed by the time we play them. That's suddenly a much less brutal game. After seeing what we did to GB -- basically a playoff game -- I'm feeling damn good about the fact that we play Carolina and Minn. We control our destiny, here, and we're getting hot and healthy and new system dialed in exactly at the right time. We get some playoff experience, then next year this young, hungry team fights for a top 2 seed in their own right. We could've beat LA in either of those game. We had a changing of the guard the last few years. THE GUARD CAN CHANGE AGAIN, YA'LL.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 pm
  • Our main wild card rivals are panthers and Vikings. We have a game against both. Winning those both almost certainly puts us in a wild card position as we have three games against really weak division rivals left. 2x49ers and Cardinals. If we don’t win all three we are not a playoff team anyway.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 am
  • Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

This Packers game was a good start to a playoff run but some back to back to back Ws are needed now.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 am
  • KARAVARUS wrote:I like the fact that we have some really tough games left on the schedule. One thing about this season--I came in with zero expectations and I feel like I have enjoyed watching the team fight through some really tough opponents. I think when it's all said and done, we are going to lament being SOOOO close in SOOOO many of the games from the first half.

It is kinda fun to watch the Next Generation of Seahawks on Defense make their way up the ladder. This season is kinda fun.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

This Packers game was a good start to a playoff run but some back to back to back Ws are needed now.

I don’t see the Panthers game as a “must win.” Because it’s a 10 a.m. road game against a team that the Seahawks match up poorly against (strong run defense + running game that will give our defense problems), it’s the toughest remaining game.

I like our chances much better against Kansas City at home because the Chiefs defense has been so porous. The Vikings have had inconsistency issues on both offense and defense, and that game too is at home.

Even with a loss to the Panthers, I could see the Seahawks going on a roll in those final five games (four at home, where they can find their groove, and the other against the 49ers, whom the Seahawks have beaten nine-straight times).

If they can’t pull off the upset over Carolina, I would agree that every remaining game becomes a “must win.”
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:58 pm
  • Big week for us...

We beat the Packers

Panthers lose thanks for going for 2
    Redskin lose
    Bucs lose
    Falcons lose
    *Stealers lose bonus

All the teams that had to lose lost so far.

Now we need

Saints to beat Eagles
    Bears to beat Vikings
    Chiefs to beat Rams

*edit*
    Maybe spoke to soon for the Stealers

Also Houston WTF, why would you not punt in that situation. Redskins might win now.

*edit*
    I guess i waswrong about the stealers but oh well didn't affects with playoffs. That was close with the redskins
    Last edited by rcaido on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:12 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Big week for us...

We beat the Packers

Panthers lose thanks for going for 2
    Redskin lose
    Bucs lose
    Falcons lose
    *Stealers lose bonus Oops...Nevermind.....

All the teams that had to lose lost so far.

Now we need

Saints to beat Eagles
    Bears to beat Vikings
    Chiefs to beat Rams

*edit*
    Maybe spoke to soon for the Stealers

Also Houston WTF, why would you not punt in that situation. Redskins might win now.

FIFY
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:14 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going.

Take care of the Cardinals and 9ers and get one of Panthers, Vikings, Chiefs and, with some scoreboard help, might be enough
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:15 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going

There could be several teams in that range. I hope we hold the tiebreakers over them.
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going

There could be several teams in that range. I hope we hold the tiebreakers over them.

I think Bears/Vikings is the pair to watch. Really, one needs to assume control and the other can fade
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information