Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wild Card Chances......

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:20 am
  • Seattle Seahawk edition.

Let’s keep this as a running thread to look at, and discuss our chances as each week passes.

I say “wild card” because let’s face it, we have almost no realistic chance of winning our division.

I’m willing to have this discussion for a couple of reasons.

Looking at current standings, I’m pleasantly surprised to see that we are actually right in the thick of the mix.

This is the time of year that I have trouble trying to figure out who to root for, and who to root against

I don’t know about you but my expectations were low going into opening day.
    The Seahawks are really starting to gel, and I think they have a VERY realistic chance of snagging a WC spot.
    I know it’s early but I’m liking what I’m seeing, and I’m hopeful that the trend continues

Here’s the current situation
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

There’s a butt load of teams right in the mix but as each week passes the picture will get slightly more clear.
    Currently i see either The Saints or Panthers getting one spot, and the other coming from the NFC north.
    Having said that, we are not out of it by any means.

It’s obviously way too early, I get it but the hope and possibility of greatness is the reason I’m a fan.
    If you think it’s way too early to have a little fun with this, please withhold that opinion until you have something more to contribute.

GoHawks
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:34 am
  • I was thinking about this yesterday and things could change quickly. The Rams aren’t going 16-0. If we could beat SD and they lose to the Saints and we beat them next week, we’re suddenly one game out. Stranger things have happened...,
    Last edited by Hass2Carlson on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hass2Carlson
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 am
  • We need to go minimum 5-4 and likely 6-3 to finish out to grab a WC berth. Very possible. Too early to think about which other teams to root for. We take care of business first and the rest will play out. This next month will make or break the season.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am
  • Did y’all happen to catch Howie Long’s comments on Seattle’s chances of a Wildcard spot?
    Pregame show today.

Hmmmm

Edit:
    He also picked us as his “lock” @home vs the Chargers.

Seems odd for him to be so “high” on the Hawks right now but I’ll take it.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 am
  • Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:55 am
  • Mizak wrote:Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

Thanks for the input but this thread isn’t about our chances of winning the SB, or 3 playoff games for that matter.

Feel perfectly free to start that thread if you wish.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 am
  • 54% to make the playoffs (3% to win the Super Bowl) right now, per this computer:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... id=rrpromo

This week the Seahawks want Detroit to upset Minnesota. They want New England (shiver) to take care of business against Green Bay. They want Buffalo to find a way to beat Chicago at home. Tampa Bay upsetting Carolina could be helpful down the road. On Monday night, Seahawks will want Tennessee to defeat Dallas. :D
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 am
  • So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:04 am
  • Mizak wrote:So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

LOL

Is that you, lil Jed York?
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 am
  • Mizak wrote:So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

Do you plan on derailing this entire thread?

I’ve spoken to you politely so far but that won’t last long if you continue.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 am
  • There isn’t a clear pick in the Rams vs. Saints game. That game probably won’t matter a whole lot for the Seahawks’ Wild Card chances.

I will personally be rooting for the Saints to slightly improve the Seahawks slim chance to win the division (if the Rams happen to nosedive).

There is an equally persuasive argument for rooting for the Saints to lose — in case they lose their division and become a Wild Card competitor.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 am
  • Mizak wrote:Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

IF we could get into the playoff, I like our chances. Getting into the playoff would be hard, such as today, we have Carson, McDougald, and Brown on questionable. They may play, but may not be 100%.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:18 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Mizak wrote:Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

IF we could get into the playoff, I like our chances. Getting into the playoff would be hard, such as today, we have Carson, McDougald, and Brown on questionable. They may play, but may not be 100%.

Duane Brown? Double take.

Do you mean K.J. Wright? The team feels really good about Wright and McDougald playing. Carson is a game time decision but practiced all week.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:32 am
  • If the Seahawks aren't going to go 16-0, get homefield advantage in the playoffs, shut every team in the playoffs out, and win the Super Bowl, then they might as well start losing so they can get a high draft pick.

Sadly, some are not going to see the sarcasm in this post.
    Last edited by HawkGA on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Mizak wrote:Wild Card chances? Yes. Winning 3 straight playoff road games? Nope. The Seahawks haven't shown that they can win consistently on the road.

Thanks for the input but this thread isn’t about our chances of winning the SB, or 3 playoff games for that matter.

Feel perfectly free to start that thread if you wish.

Holy shit, you must be joking
    quadsas
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 am

We play to win - games, seasons and championships. Obviously, you are missing what this team has to offer. Greatness is coming.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:56 am

This is exactly the mindset of the 2011 Indianapolis Colts. "Suck for Luck!" That strategy has netted them exactly zero championships and zero trips to the Super Bowl.

Most people here would rather take the 2012 Seattle Seahawks approach. Started out 2-2 like this year, but steadily improved and made a wild card slot at the end of the year. Lost in the divisional round, got that late 1st round pick, and promptly spent it on the Percy Harvin trade, which of course was the best thing in the world. Despite giving up that high 1st round pick by doing well that year, they went on to win the Super Bowl the following year and went back the next year to almost win again.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am
  • I think the wild card chances are very good. from my perspective I just see the hawks moving forward.... I see that they are not struggling with issues they are working through them effectively which I guess is a combo of great coaching and Talent... the Hawks really do a great job of putting their players in position for success.They are very well coached!

LTH
    LTH
    NET Starter

Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:24 am
  • Well FYI
    The Lions are a dumpster fire today.

Bears have 14 pts off 2 freaky turnovers. 28-0 @ the half.

I’m swapping over to a different game.

Panthers are spanking the Bucs

We’re not getting much help so far today.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:29 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Mizak wrote:So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

Dude. Why are you always trying to control what others say and think?
    Its an open forum for Seahawk discussion.
    Just Let it Be
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:37 am

I have no right to question fandom, and never would...

But if you’re ever looking for a new team or a second favorite team that fits your ideology, I think the Raiders are right up your alley.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:38 am
  • BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Mizak wrote:So you want the Seahawks to get wild card chances for what exactly? To get a late 1st round pick?

Just Let it Be

Because we have a huge problem with idiots derailing otherwise good threads.

I don’t care what people want to talk about, I care about threads staying on topic.
    If you don’t like a topic, or can’t contribute to it, start your own thread. It’s a simple concept.

If you or anyone else has a problem with that, I invite you to take it up with one of the other Mods/ or Ownership via PM/email.

Let me know how it works out for you.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Just Let it Be

I don’t care what people want to talk about, I care about threads staying on topic.
    If you don’t like a topic, or can’t contribute to it, start your own thread. It’s a simple concept.

If you or anyone else has a problem with that, I invite you to take it up with one of the other Mods/ or Ownership via PM/email.

BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:41 am
  • BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Just Let it Be

He explained why in his original post.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:42 am
  • BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

A bit off your own topic there....
    What a douche
    Just Let it Be

BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:43 am
  • BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    BChawkfan wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Just Let it Be

You might benefit from reviewing our forum rules.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 am
  • Falcons or Redskins who do we root for...Looks like Patriots are the only team that can help our cause this Sunday.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Well FYI

Lets not worry about other teams helping us out. I get it with the help, but lets just focus on winning the rest of our games. If we finish strong 8-1 or 9-0 we wont need any help.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am
  • hawks85 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Well FYI

Lets not worry about other teams helping us out. I get it with the help, but lets just focus on winning the rest of our games. If we finish strong 8-1 or 9-0 we wont need any help.

If you dont like the thread dont participate.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Wild Card Chances......
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Well FYI

I won’t argue that “winning out” is the perfect scenario but the realistic chance of that happening is nil in my humble opinion.

My reason #2 in the OP is part of the fun here in this thread. Tracking what the other teams are doing, and figuring out each week who we are pulling for/rooting against.
    If that’s not your cup of tea so be it.
    Your opinion has been noted.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:49 pm
  • If we win today i like our playoff chances even more so. We would be 5-3 with 3 games vs SF and AZ. That should be 3 wins. (Should) That means we would have to go 2-3 in the other 5 games. That would get us 10 wins and imo a WC berth.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm
  • As bad as it sounds, and I hate to say it.

Looks like we have to root for the Steelers next week.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:52 pm
  • This end of our schedule looks a lot more brutal after this game
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:17 pm
  • Poof, chances gone. We’ve got much harder games than this coming up, and we got taken to school.

We can’t run, we don’t win. It’s pretty much that simple.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 pm
  • Wilson was pretty effing horrid today.
    Exciting football again!?
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Myrtle Beach Hawk, Go Gators!

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Poof, chances gone. We’ve got much harder games than this coming up, and we got taken to school.

I’m not willing to agree 100% with you but I’ll concede that things just got significantly tougher.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:27 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Poof, chances gone. We’ve got much harder games than this coming up, and we got taken to school.

I’m not willing to agree 100% with you but I’ll concede that things just got significantly tougher.

I am thinking we can only lose 2 more games to make it. Meaning we need to go 6-2 down the stretch, against teams that are arguably better than the chargers, who just spanked us at home. So, we have to play much better than our current record against even better teams. Not impossible, but under our style of play, seems incredibly unlikely.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:33 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Poof, chances gone. We’ve got much harder games than this coming up, and we got taken to school.

I am thinking we can only lose 2 more games to make it. Meaning we need to go 6-2 down the stretch, against teams that are arguably better than the chargers, who just spanked us at home. So, we have to play much better than our current record against even better teams. Not impossible, but under our style of play, seems incredibly unlikely.

I won’t, Hell, I can’t argue.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:35 pm
  • Looks like the Rams have fallen to the Saints.

Not a huge thing but ......
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 pm
  • Bump

So Who you pulling for this week?

Hawks are not mathematically out of it ya know.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm
  • I'm gonna go ahead and root for the Seahawks.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:38 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Bump

So Who you pulling for this week?

Hawks are not mathematically out of it ya know.

:{)

Lots of games this week with playoff implications.

- Panthers vs. Steelers tonight
    - Bucs vs Skins
    - Cowboys vs Eagles

If we're to have any hope of the playoffs we need these other NFC division leaders to start winning out and pushing the other teams down the standings. So we want teams like the Saints, Skins and Bears to run away with their divisions, and other teams in their divisions to lose.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 pm
  • It's not often that I say this, but go Steelers, and eff the Panthers (which I say often)
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:51 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's not often that I say this, but go Steelers, and eff the Panthers (which I say often)

Did ya throw up in your mouth a little bit? I did last night...must have been a premonition that you were gonna say this??? LOL. :stirthepot: :twisted:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:55 pm
  • I truly did. But for obvious reasons, we need the Squeelers :pukeface:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wild Card Chances......
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:54 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I truly did. But for obvious reasons, we need the Squeelers :pukeface:
    I hate to root for Big B*tch Worthlessberger and the Stealers too, but we need for them to win this game and I think they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:59 pm
  • One thing we have going for us is that two of our losses are to AFC teams, so they count the least toward tie-breakers. Yes, if we won them we wouldn't have a tie to break, but I guess the point is if you have to lose games, lose them against the other conference.

We're currently 8th seed due to having a better conference record than the Eagles.

We have some very tough games coming up, only slightly mitigated by having some of them in prime time at home. It'll be a rocky road to the playoffs.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:05 pm
  • I think we need to root against the Bears, & Redskins throughout....Eagles & Vikings will probably win their division.

It will be Seahawks & Greenbay fighting for that last spot. That game will be huge.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:One thing we have going for us is that two of our losses are to AFC teams, so they count the least toward tie-breakers. Yes, if we won them we wouldn't have a tie to break, but I guess the point is if you have to lose games, lose them against the other conference.

We're currently 8th seed due to having a better conference record than the Eagles.

We have some very tough games coming up, only slightly mitigated by having some of them in prime time at home. It'll be a rocky road to the playoffs.

One Thai...all Thai???? :twisted:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information