Bradley McDougald was fined $26,739

Seymour

Reaction score
So now every time someone gets "hit too hard", God is going to lay the hammer down with a fine?

More than lame....they are ruining the flippin game!! :177692: :141847_bnono: :pukeface:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Horseshit. That was a textbook hit. The shield is trying to police toughness out of the game even when it's within the realm of the rulebook.

Horseshit. Horseshit, horseshit, horseshit.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It should read: Seahawks fined for winning on foreign soil. Lame.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dick Butkus, if he were dead, would surely roll in his grave.

It's going to be the NFFL in less than 30 years.

xray

Reaction score
John Madden said on many occasions " lets put skirts on em " when commenting about unnecessary roughness calls on everyone especially QBs...Maybe we just put flags on em and be done with it. Then I stop watching. I can get another useless hobby .LOL

chris98251

Reaction score
I really wish we could get a ex player as a Commissioner, Upshaw would have been a great one I think. It would flip things maybe the other direction for balance for a while.

Although the owners I doubt would ever allow someone that knows the players side so well to be in that position.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
chris98251":po33lwq0 said:
Burfict find 112,000 dollars this week.
Yeah, but he's dirty and can't stop. No correlation with McDougald's hit at all.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
No flag but he still gets fined.
The NFL basically playing Monday morning QB now. How about we start fining the refs when they screw up instead of getting a lame, "Sorry, we got that call wrong last Sunday but we'll try not to do it again."?

Reaction score
WmHBonney":jgi5tjs3 said:
No flag but he still gets fined.
The NFL basically playing Monday morning QB now. How about we start fining the refs when they screw up instead of getting a lame, "Sorry, we got that call wrong last Sunday but we'll try not to do it again."?
That is a great idea there really is no difference! The shield wouldn't admit when they are wrong tho or when they do nothing happens. When they are in the wrong teams should be able to fine them for more cap space!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Carr should be fined for his awful throw that led his receiver straight into the hit.

What a joke. McDougald played it perfeclyt and led with his shoulder. If it wasn't for that awful throw, he would have hit Cooper's chest with his shoulder and there would have been ABSOLUTELY ZERO helmet contact.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ckpsh39 said:
I really wish we could get a ex player as a Commissioner, Upshaw would have been a great one I think. It would flip things maybe the other direction for balance for a while.

Although the owners I doubt would ever allow someone that knows the players side so well to be in that position.

I like the hell out of this idea, but an ex-player would make too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

Zeearend

Reaction score
I don't know how the NFL works in these cases, but is there a way to appeal to this fine? Over here across the pond soccer players can appeal to fines and suspensions. Often the fine or no. games suspension are lowered or even nullified.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RNBWCV/status/1053752891444465664[/tweet]

The problem was he lowered his head to initiate contact. If he had kept his face up, he probably avoids the helmet to helmet contact.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3owwvups said:

The problem was he lowered his head to initiate contact. If he had kept his face up, he probably avoids the helmet to helmet contact.

By the book it is definitely a foul, but I don't know how you make that tackle without lowering your head. The ball carrier's head is waist height, what is he supposed to do? Lead with his testicles?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2mwx1hbj said:
hawknation2018":2mwx1hbj said:

By the book it is definitely a foul, but I don't know how you make that tackle without lowering your head. The ball carrier's head is waist height, what is he supposed to do? Lead with his testicles?

There might have still been head to head contact. But if he keeps his head up, I doubt he gets fined.