Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jake Heaps’ Film Room: What Seahawks’ Doug Baldwin proved in

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Jake Heaps’ Film Room: What Seahawks’ Doug Baldwin proved in London

    Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin has been quarterback Russell Wilson’s favorite target for years, but injuries to both knees this season kept Baldwin out of the preseason entirely and caused him to miss two games.

    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17717
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Jake needs a bit of work on his presentation, but that was an interesting video. Nice points.

    Thanks for the link.

    :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15406
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5594
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:

    Yeah, because that's how it went down.

    :34853_doh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15406
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • sutz wrote:
    Seymour wrote:He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:

    Yeah, because that's how it went down.

    :34853_doh:


    Re-watch the game then. After Baldwins fit Russell started to target him at 3x the rate as before. It's all on tape to see. That throw at the goal line was clearly forced, and Wilson had no other real reason to do that and he had been playing well.

    Baldwin had 2 targets in the 1st half and threw his fit on the 2nd ball with penalty with 4:33 to go in the 2nd Q.
    2nd half he had 6 targets and the int was 1 of 2 targets that was not a completion. It happened with 5:35 to go in the 3rd Q.

    https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018101407/2018/REG6/seahawks@raiders
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5594
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Seymour wrote:He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:

    Yeah, because that's how it went down.

    :34853_doh:


    Re-watch the game then. After Baldwins fit Russell started to target him at 3x the rate as before. It's all on tape to see. That throw at the goal line was clearly forced, and Wilson had no other real reason to do that and he had been playing well.

    Baldwin had 2 targets in the 1st half and threw his fit on the 2nd ball with penalty with 4:33 to go in the 2nd Q.
    2nd half he had 6 targets and the int was 1 of 2 targets that was not a completion. It happened with 5:35 to go in the 3rd Q.

    https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018101407/2018/REG6/seahawks@raiders


    Possible but I interpreted it slightly differently. On that interception drive Russ threw it to him 3-4 times in a row. It seemed forced the entire way, but I think the coaching staff was like "Get Doug involved as much as possible." Possibly for long term reasons. Because that throw was definitely forced. He almost pulled it off squeezing it in there though.
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 825
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Seymour wrote:He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:

    Yeah, because that's how it went down.

    :34853_doh:


    Re-watch the game then. After Baldwins fit Russell started to target him at 3x the rate as before. It's all on tape to see. That throw at the goal line was clearly forced, and Wilson had no other real reason to do that and he had been playing well.

    Baldwin had 2 targets in the 1st half and threw his fit on the 2nd ball with penalty with 4:33 to go in the 2nd Q.
    2nd half he had 6 targets and the int was 1 of 2 targets that was not a completion. It happened with 5:35 to go in the 3rd Q.

    https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018101407/2018/REG6/seahawks@raiders


    Possible but I interpreted it slightly differently. On that interception drive Russ threw it to him 3-4 times in a row. It seemed forced the entire way, but I think the coaching staff was like "Get Doug involved as much as possible." Possibly for long term reasons. Because that throw was definitely forced. He almost pulled it off squeezing it in there though.


    I don't doubt that, very well could be. I more have a problem with the "rewarding" (additional targets) toxic behavior (that hurt the team) which is exactly how it appeared if you look at it from a neutral standpoint.

    We saw similar childish behavior from Baldwin in SB 49 when he caught just 1 pass (more so Revis shut him down) (then shit out the football) that hurt the team. I hoped he was past hurting his team with childish outbursts, so I'm disappointed myself.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5594
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Jake works for Wilson so sometimes his analysis comes off as PR work. I liked this way more than his radio appearances.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1341
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


  • sutz wrote:Jake needs a bit of work on his presentation, but that was an interesting video. Nice points.

    Thanks for the link.

    :2thumbs:


    Yeah, he's learning and I'm sure he will get better. What I don't get is why they don't use actual footage in these. Still photos or drawing it up on the chalk board (same thing with Brock's Chalk Talk) makes it harder to visualize the concepts they are trying to highlight.

    He also did a poor job of explaining "Stack the defender". What did that mean?
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

    SC
    User avatar
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2094
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 am


  • StoneCold wrote:
    sutz wrote:Jake needs a bit of work on his presentation, but that was an interesting video. Nice points.

    Thanks for the link.

    :2thumbs:


    Yeah, he's learning and I'm sure he will get better. What I don't get is why they don't use actual footage in these. Still photos or drawing it up on the chalk board (same thing with Brock's Chalk Talk) makes it harder to visualize the concepts they are trying to highlight.

    He also did a poor job of explaining "Stack the defender". What did that mean?


    Pretty sure that is a lingerie football term. 8)

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5594
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • StoneCold wrote: What I don't get is why they don't use actual footage in these. Still photos or drawing it up on the chalk board (same thing with Brock's Chalk Talk) makes it harder to visualize the concepts they are trying to highlight.


    I would guess because of NFL copyright issues. They protect their brand very (too?) strictly, and it's probably far too much work to get 30 seconds' worth of video permission.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1888
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • This was almost the opposite of Brock's Chalk talk.. He said very little in a long video. Brock teaches a ton in a short period of time.

    Room to improve Jake!

    Also, the main point of the video was that Doug is a great route runner... yeah we know that:)
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2137
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • StoneCold wrote:
    sutz wrote:Jake needs a bit of work on his presentation, but that was an interesting video. Nice points.

    Thanks for the link.

    :2thumbs:


    Yeah, he's learning and I'm sure he will get better. What I don't get is why they don't use actual footage in these. Still photos or drawing it up on the chalk board (same thing with Brock's Chalk Talk) makes it harder to visualize the concepts they are trying to highlight.

    He also did a poor job of explaining "Stack the defender". What did that mean?


    It means that he puts his body between the defender and the pursuit route. Like boxing out in basketball or obstruction in soccer. The idea is that the defender would have to go around Doug to make a play on the ball, rather than just have to catch up in a straight line sprint.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 209
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:20 pm


  • Seymour wrote:He also proved that if he pitches a fit, spikes the ball and causes a penalty, that Russell will soon start force feeding him right into an ill-advised interception at the goal line. :snack:

    That doesn't make any sense at all :229031_shrug: why is it you believe that Doug Baldwin was pissed, and throwing a tantrum right after catching the ball?
    If anything, I saw a Doug Baldwin who was intending to advance the ball after making that catch, then the crap slick field gave out, & he went down....That "Spike" was out of frustration....IMHO, that's the only explanation that makes any sense.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6562
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm




It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online