Fieldgulls: Jarran Reed’s breakout season has him among best

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/1 ... ck-leaders

Reed had five tackles and a QB hit in Week 1. He had two sacks in Week 3. He had a sack and two TFL in Week 4. He had six tackles in Week 5. He had five tackles and a sack in Week 6. Here are your leaders in sacks by a defensive tackle this season:

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, 4

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":24trpfhq said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/17984446/jarran-reeds-breakout-season-seahawks-2016-draft-kawann-short-comparison-aaron-donald-sack-leaders

Reed had five tackles and a QB hit in Week 1. He had two sacks in Week 3. He had a sack and two TFL in Week 4. He had six tackles in Week 5. He had five tackles and a sack in Week 6. Here are your leaders in sacks by a defensive tackle this season:

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed was actually really good last season as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3oggbm1o said:
MontanaHawk05":3oggbm1o said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/17984446/jarran-reeds-breakout-season-seahawks-2016-draft-kawann-short-comparison-aaron-donald-sack-leaders

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed was actually really good last season as well.

He was good his first season too. He has been getting better every year. This is very encouraging indeed. With him and Clark taking a another step upward, I see nothing but good things ahead.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
For all the nay sayers about our draft picks......this was a great pick right from the start. Reed was a first round talent that we got in round 2. He started his first year, and while he wasn't on Mebane's level....he still showed promise. Last year he stepped it up a notch, and now this, his third year, he is one of the best DT's around. Reed definitely will deserve a nice contract extension next year....and we need to extend Clark or at least franchise tag him.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Agreed! Seems like the Hawks havent had an interior lineman rack up sacks on a regular basis in YEARS

rcaido

Reaction score
Extend Reed early, let Clark walk if he wants Donaldson/Mack money, i say we dont pay Clark more then 14million. Reed should still be cheap and not dick around like we did with Clark before he too gets to expensive.

toffee

Reaction score
Poona, if Poona could play at Reed's level .... our DL would be quite formidable.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I believe Poona will get there, but it'll take a year to learn the dirty trick of the trenches!

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":12wp49pg said:
I believe Poona will get there, but it'll take a year to learn the dirty trick of the trenches!

Our run defense is lacking, partially due to an injured Wright, but also lacking a run stopper on DL.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":3vz5iawj said:
nwHawk":3vz5iawj said:

Our run defense is lacking, partially due to an injured Wright, but also lacking a run stopper on DL.

Pretty sure they ahve stopped Lynch, Gurly, and anyone else this season from owning them.

getnasty

Reaction score
He's always been a good run stopper, glad to see him taking the next step as a pass rusher. I agree he needs to be extended asap along with Clark.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
evergreen":2v42s53i said:
Ezekiel Elliot?

They team however turned Dallas into an ineffective O with only one aspect that worked. There they kept Elliott in front of them for the most part.

The pass rush still is underwhelming and may improve once the team gets all the pieces healthy. For sure I greatly doubt the plan was to play this season with only one edge rusher.

Back to the thread, Reed has matured nicely as a pro and there is little question he was a good draft pick. Like Clark, Reeed is A keeper and part of a new D that is making a name for itself.

Latest posts