Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fieldgulls: Jarran Reed’s breakout season has him among best

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/1 ... ck-leaders

Reed had five tackles and a QB hit in Week 1. He had two sacks in Week 3. He had a sack and two TFL in Week 4. He had six tackles in Week 5. He had five tackles and a sack in Week 6. Here are your leaders in sacks by a defensive tackle this season:

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, 4
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/17984446/jarran-reeds-breakout-season-seahawks-2016-draft-kawann-short-comparison-aaron-donald-sack-leaders

Reed had five tackles and a QB hit in Week 1. He had two sacks in Week 3. He had a sack and two TFL in Week 4. He had six tackles in Week 5. He had five tackles and a sack in Week 6. Here are your leaders in sacks by a defensive tackle this season:

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed was actually really good last season as well.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/16/17984446/jarran-reeds-breakout-season-seahawks-2016-draft-kawann-short-comparison-aaron-donald-sack-leaders

Geno Atkins, 6

DeForest Buckner, 4.5

Reed was actually really good last season as well.

He was good his first season too. He has been getting better every year. This is very encouraging indeed. With him and Clark taking a another step upward, I see nothing but good things ahead.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• For all the nay sayers about our draft picks......this was a great pick right from the start. Reed was a first round talent that we got in round 2. He started his first year, and while he wasn't on Mebane's level....he still showed promise. Last year he stepped it up a notch, and now this, his third year, he is one of the best DT's around. Reed definitely will deserve a nice contract extension next year....and we need to extend Clark or at least franchise tag him.
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Practice Squad

• Agreed! Seems like the Hawks havent had an interior lineman rack up sacks on a regular basis in YEARS
    tonyseahawk
    NET Rookie

• Extend Reed early, let Clark walk if he wants Donaldson/Mack money, i say we dont pay Clark more then 14million. Reed should still be cheap and not dick around like we did with Clark before he too gets to expensive.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Poona, if Poona could play at Reed's level .... our DL would be quite formidable.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I believe Poona will get there, but it'll take a year to learn the dirty trick of the trenches!
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• nwHawk wrote:I believe Poona will get there, but it'll take a year to learn the dirty trick of the trenches!

Our run defense is lacking, partially due to an injured Wright, but also lacking a run stopper on DL.

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:I believe Poona will get there, but it'll take a year to learn the dirty trick of the trenches!

Our run defense is lacking, partially due to an injured Wright, but also lacking a run stopper on DL.

Pretty sure they ahve stopped Lynch, Gurly, and anyone else this season from owning them.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ezekiel Elliot?
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• He's always been a good run stopper, glad to see him taking the next step as a pass rusher. I agree he needs to be extended asap along with Clark.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• evergreen wrote:Ezekiel Elliot?

They team however turned Dallas into an ineffective O with only one aspect that worked. There they kept Elliott in front of them for the most part.

The pass rush still is underwhelming and may improve once the team gets all the pieces healthy. For sure I greatly doubt the plan was to play this season with only one edge rusher.

Back to the thread, Reed has matured nicely as a pro and there is little question he was a good draft pick. Like Clark, Reeed is A keeper and part of a new D that is making a name for itself.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information