Power Game

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
As an older school type of guy I really am loving the power offense Seattle has been running the past several weeks and it’s dividends are easily noticeable. In an era of 400 yard passing games by mediocre quarterbacks it’s really nice to see Hawks getting back to what made them world champions. How easily it can be forgotten that a good running game = a good defense. Clock control, ball control, field position. The three headed monster that stands the test of time.

There are many on this team specifically on the offensive line, defensive line, backfield and defensive backfield that needed to get their head around their new more involved workload. A little success like the Rams game (not getting blown out) is something I believe will continue to ruminate with these younger players as the entire team, vets and coaches alike start to gel and the vision comes into view. The downfall of the Seahawks has been greatly exaggerated me thinks . Cheers!

Sac

Reaction score
Welcome to .NET!

Be sure to visit us in the SHACK for a truly warm welcome! :twisted: :stirthepot:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm sure you can tell by Sac's avatar what kind of "Welcome" you'll get in the Shack :snack:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bandwagon76":2ejt26tu said:
As an older school type of guy I really am loving the power offense Seattle has been running the past several weeks and it’s dividends are easily noticeable. In an era of 400 yard passing games by mediocre quarterbacks it’s really nice to see Hawks getting back to what made them world champions. How easily it can be forgotten that a good running game = a good defense. Clock control, ball control, field position. The three headed monster that stands the test of time.

There are many on this team specifically on the offensive line, defensive line, backfield and defensive backfield that needed to get their head around their new more involved workload. A little success like the Rams game (not getting blown out) is something I believe will continue to ruminate with these younger players as the entire team, vets and coaches alike start to gel and the vision comes into view. The downfall of the Seahawks has been greatly exaggerated me thinks . Cheers!

Agreed...

It's certainly helped the defense by giving them better field position, leads and rest.

It's also helped Russel Wilson. He's not racking up the stats in ways we've seen in the past. However, he has more time to drop back, he's getting less pressure and not finding himself passing in obvious passing situations where D can scheme or tee off on him.

toffee

Reaction score
I expect to see a few 400 yards game from Russ this season, that's 400 yards passing with help from our rushing game. We just need our running to continuous earn respect from opposing DCs, and get better plays from our WRs, 400 yards passing is totally achievable.

At the moment, we have two smallish WR, one playing at 70-80%; two tallish WRs, one earned his start two games ago, one got little left in his tank; no proven receiving TE.

If Baldwin continues to heal, Moore get established, or we can sign a WR.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
After a horrible start to the season in which the run game was not emphasized, the Seahawks have risen into the top 10 in total rushing yards (7th, 767 yards) and yards per game (9th, 127.8 ).

If you subtract those first two games, the Seahawks would be leading the NFL in rushing yards per game with 157.2.

Seahawks are establishing a physical presence at the line of scrimmage. Use of the heavy set has been great. Carson and Davis have each run with deceisveness and power. Penny was mixed in really well: he only played 13 snaps in the last two games, but the plays were well designed for him.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":227xagdi said:
After a horrible start to the season in which the run game was not emphasized, the Seahawks have risen into the top 10 in total rushing yards (7th, 767 yards) and yards per game (9th, 127.8 ).

If you subtract those first two games, the Seahawks would be leading the NFL in rushing yards per game with 157.2.

Seahawks are establishing a physical presence at the line of scrimmage. Use of the heavy set has been great. Carson and Davis have each run with deceisveness and power. Penny was mixed in really well: he only played 13 snaps in the last two games, but the plays were well designed for him.

and Russ wasn't our #1 runner.

sutz

Reaction score
All good stuff, but I'd like to see a few more rushing TDs by our RBs. ;)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bandwagon76":rdkxh85z said:

First of all. Welcome to the family. We have a lot of members and some of them are normal. You will figure out that on your own. 8)

Old school is what PC is all about. One of his primary goals is to control what you can control....the BALL. You keep it as long as you can and let the other team sweat it out. If they dont have it, they cant score. You said it and therefore know it. Well said.

Enjoy yourself here.....some of us try. The more data passed around with wisdom makes our world a better Seahawk Place.

:greetingsearthling:

Chawker

Reaction score
Welcome Bwag76!
I totally agree with you. But theres something about Russell Wilsons game that seems off, his play action passes are not refined or in need of some work. And when he pulls the ball on the read option its like, theres nothing there.
I loves me a big ol helping of Carson on first and second downs between the tackles, with Penny picking up the lose change.
Cheers

OP
OP
B

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! I may not be as active as some of you are but trust me I’m watching the games. Life gets busy! This week off should be nothing but good! Looking forward to an awesome second half!

Fade

Reaction score
Chawker":2xhaxalk said:
Welcome Bwag76!
I totally agree with you. But theres something about Russell Wilsons game that seems off, his play action passes are not refined or in need of some work. And when he pulls the ball on the read option its like, theres nothing there.
I loves me a big ol helping of Carson on first and second downs between the tackles, with Penny picking up the lose change.
Cheers

iu

Russell Wilson is the highest rated passer in the NFL on playaction passes.

evergreen

Reaction score
Pounding the ball is pretty awesome. Like he said it makes a good defense. I wonder why Russell isn’t killing it more. I guess we shouldn’t worry about Russ. He did one of his highlight moves. I wish we got that Denver game.

toffee

Reaction score
Pounding the ball makes sense NOW, because most teams' defense were designed and stocked to stop passes. They simply lack sufficient personnel to stop power runs. Things could change if more teams are pounding the rocks, at that point more defense would stocked with more run stoppers.

Walsh's west coast offense took advantage of his time when most defense were designed to stop runs, when WCO became popular, teams adjust to stop WCO ....

In our case, if we have a power running game, AND Russell Wilson, it's a remarkable one two combination punch.

Chawker

Reaction score
Fade":1yg0hwt6 said:
Chawker":1yg0hwt6 said:
Welcome Bwag76!
Cheers

iu

He maybe the most successful,but he doesn't pass the eye test. He needs to refine his action, its hard to believe some people can't see this. Well trust me, it needs work.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If they keep pounding the rock with authority, this will be a hard team to stop.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Chawker":r99wraai said:
Fade":r99wraai said:
Chawker":r99wraai said:
Welcome Bwag76!
Cheers

iu

He maybe the most successful,but he doesn't pass the eye test. He needs to refine his action, its hard to believe some people can't see this. Well trust me, it needs work.

So eye test is superior to clear statistics now.

Eye tests are extremely subjective and prone to confirmation bias and anecdote. I think I’ll trust more objective statistics like conversion rate and passing efficiency on play action passes.

If you want to use eye test as your method of evaluation you really need to back it up with something more objective.

Football is hard. Perfection is unattainable. Adjust your standards accordingly.

xray

Reaction score
The NFL wants the 45-42 games because most of the younger fans like points lots of points. I like grind it out and own the clock games...block... run...maul...wear out the opponent...then take their heart at the end.. :irishdrinkers: