Passing Yards/Game.......#3 @ 206.0/gm
Points/Game....................#8 @ 19.5/gm

Yards Per Pass Att..........#5 @ 6.8/att
QB Rate..........................#3 @ 79.9%

Total Sacks.....................#11 @ 16.0
Total Takeaways.............#5 @ 13.0
Interceptions...................#4 @ 9.0
Fumbles..........................#7 @ 4.0

Turnover Differential........#1 @ +7.0 (Tied with Cleveland)

Needs Improvement
Rushing Yards/Game.....#23 @ 120.7/gm
Yards per Rush Att.........#26 @ 4.7 yds/att
Pass Completion %........#20 @ 66.0%

toffee

Reaction score
The return of Wright should help the rushing defense some, also the development of Poona Ford too?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
They're actually 5th in scoring defense. 8th in total points allowed, but that includes the teams who have played fewer games and allowed more points per game. The sack # isn't accurate for the defense. Seahawks have allowed 19 sacks. They have recorded 16 sacks. They are 13th in the NFL in sacks per game.

With all the defensive personnel turnover, being 5th in scoring defense at the bye week is a remarkable achievement for Pete Carroll, Ken Norton, and the rest of the team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... on/defense

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":znlaf0jv said:
The sack # isn't accurate for the defense.

You are correct, I fixed it, they are 11th. It looks like it switched from Defensive to Offensive when I clicked on it. Still pretty damned good.

zetes

Reaction score
From my eyes (not knowing the stats) - I would say they are even better against the Run defensively if you exclude the QB scramble numbers too.

Z.

ivotuk

Reaction score
zetes":h8catgv6 said:
From my eyes (not knowing the stats) - I would say they are even better against the Run defensively if you exclude the QB scramble numbers too.

Z.

This is a great point, and one that always bothers me when they talk about an offense having a lot of rushing yards per game because it skews the actual rush statistics.

Tom Cable and who was that offensive coordinator Mora had? They had "the top rushing team" several times, but it was because they had Michael Vick or other QBs that could run.

Sure, it's still rushing yards, but imho, it's a 3rd part of the offense because not every team has a QB that can run.

Example: If Detroit rushes for 115 yards per game, they might be behind other teams with a running QB. When you compare apples to apples, how well the offensive line is opening holes for a running back, and how well that running back finds those holes and breaks tackles, it's a whole different story.

Probably an argument that deserves it's own thread, sorry for getting off track here.