Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Time to pay Frank

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Time to pay Frank
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 am
  • Love to see Frank get extended on the bye week...

Guy has been a beast!

Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

Re: Time to pay Frank
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 am
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 am
  • I agree but maybe after a down game. His stock is pretty high right now.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:24 am
  • Is Frank the kind of guy who get's paid an production decreases? I hope not but it's possible. Everyone reacts differently to their first big money contract.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Is Frank the kind of guy who get's paid an production decreases? I hope not but it's possible. Everyone reacts differently to their first big money contract.

Who knows, but I don't see it. Didn't he play with two broken wrists or something like that last season? Doesn't seem to be the type.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:34 am
  • King Dog wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Is Frank the kind of guy who get's paid an production decreases? I hope not but it's possible. Everyone reacts differently to their first big money contract.

Who knows, but I don't see it. Didn't he play with two broken wrists or something like that last season? Doesn't seem to be the type.

So what's Seattle's hesitation? I know Brock and Salk were talking about it a few months ago and they said they wouldn't pay Frank. I was a little surprised by this. They said the majority of fans disagreed with them (text poll).

They said maybe they were a little to close to the situation. I don't know exactly what they mean by that but maybe he's not a good locker room fit? I'm just guessing what they mean by that.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 am
  • He's earned a new deal. Either the Hawks give him a deal now, or they are going to have to pay more in the offseason. Or else someone other team is going to break the bank. JS and Pete seem to have an aversion to franchise tags, so I don't think they would go that route.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Is Frank the kind of guy who get's paid an production decreases? I hope not but it's possible. Everyone reacts differently to their first big money contract.

I think it was Avril or Bennett who described Clark as playing like a wild dog that hasn't eaten in a week.

So I wouldn't be worried about Clark's motivation, I would only worry about his production/injuries, which isn't anything new........it's a concern with any player you're committing serious dollars to.

.........and all reports so far this year about Clark say that the FO has been working towards a deal, he was next on the list after Lockett.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:06 am
  • I think the biggest concern is that he is playing light out in a contract year. What will he be after he gets paid? Everyone has seen players play fantastic in the contract year, get paid, then basically disappear after.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 am
  • Pay him. You don't let pass rushers like him get away. He is very needed on that defensive line. Lock him up and build around him.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:15 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:I think the biggest concern is that he is playing light out in a contract year. What will he be after he gets paid? Everyone has seen players play fantastic in the contract year, get paid, then basically disappear after.

I honestly don't think we have a choice.

Clark is our only legitimate DE on an already thin D-line, so unless he's looking for crazy Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack money, you pay the man and hope he remains hungry and motivated.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:20 am
  • You’re completely correct, but I think that’s why they haven’t signed him before the beginning of the season.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:You’re completely correct, but I think that’s why they haven’t signed him before the beginning of the season.

I think Pete and John wanted to see how Clark healed up and responded after his hand surgery before getting serious about an extension.

I think we're there now, Clark has earned a big extension IMO. He's balled out, behaved himself and become a very inspirational component on that defense. The way he plays is contagious, and his teammates have said as much.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:I think the biggest concern is that he is playing light out in a contract year. What will he be after he gets paid? Everyone has seen players play fantastic in the contract year, get paid, then basically disappear after.

That assumes he was playing poorly last year. But he wasn't - he had a great 2017. Was flashing even in 2016.

I'm more concerned with the level of competition he's facing. He beats up on an awful lot of gimpy and backup tackles. You wouldn't want him to do anything less, of course, but maybe I'm still scarred by 2007 Patrick Kerney. Evaporated against quality tackles like Jordan Gross and Chad Clifton, ate against everyone else.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hawksfan78 wrote:I think the biggest concern is that he is playing light out in a contract year. What will he be after he gets paid? Everyone has seen players play fantastic in the contract year, get paid, then basically disappear after.

That assumes he was playing poorly last year. But he wasn't - he had a great 2017. Was flashing even in 2016.

I'm more concerned with the level of competition he's facing. He beats up on an awful lot of gimpy and backup tackles. You wouldn't want him to do anything less, of course, but maybe I'm still scarred by 2007 Patrick Kerney. Evaporated against quality tackles like Jordan Gross and Chad Clifton, ate against everyone else.

That's a great point. Off the top of my head, Frank has had consistent success against Whitworth, who is pretty damn good. Not sure which other great OTs he's faced and had success against, though.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:33 am
  • adeltaY wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hawksfan78 wrote:I think the biggest concern is that he is playing light out in a contract year. What will he be after he gets paid? Everyone has seen players play fantastic in the contract year, get paid, then basically disappear after.

That's a great point. Off the top of my head, Frank has had consistent success against Whitworth, who is pretty damn good. Not sure which other great OTs he's faced and had success against, though.

There is Whitworth, yeah, and I think a couple of others - and the inspirational and leadership qualities are worth quite a bit too. So I'm not yet saying Seattle should withhold a second contract.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:36 am
  • One thing that may be an issue here is perhaps Clark thinks his value will only increase and he himself is holding up the extension going through in hopes to see the free agent market this off season.

Too hard to know for sure, but Clark definitely has earned a very lucrative deal, that's for sure.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 am
  • kidhawk wrote:One thing that may be an issue here is perhaps Clark thinks his value will only increase and he himself is holding up the extension going through in hopes to see the free agent market this off season.

Too hard to know for sure, but Clark definitely has earned a very lucrative deal, that's for sure.

I hope he's not doing this.....because he's too valuable to us right now, and will be again next year.

We have the cap space to franchise him (19M next year), so I hope he's not being unreasonable in his extension demands..............cause I think we'd franchise him, then it's another Earl situation where he'll be all pissed off and possibly hold out and not sign his tender like Bell is doing this year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am
  • He actually had a better 2016 season statistically then last year. Having a great season this year (knock on wood), I just hope we lock him up before FA starts. Then draft another or 3 pass rushers next year.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 am
  • You pay a DL after playing a Cable OLine and you're over paying that DL.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Clarks's new contract will be CRAZY STUPID MASSIVE and it would be MASSIVELY CRAZY STUPID not to give it to him.

GO HAWKS, baby, oh yeah GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 pm
  • Great player but i wouldn't break the bank for him. I doubt the Seahawks would either, they let Richardson go for 8million. Bennett for a 5th rounder.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:47 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Great player but i wouldn't break the bank for him. I doubt the Seahawks would either, they let Richardson go for 8million. Bennett for a 5th rounder.

I;m not a big payout believer ..I have never seen where it is a great deal after it happens..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:02 pm
  • Frank is putting in the work this year, but I've seen disappointing lapses. I'd LOVE for them to extend him, on a results based contract. Pay for Sacks, Tackles, and TFLs with more bonuses for passes defensed. :)

I believe he's got it in him to be great, and I'm also pretty confident that he won't flake out once he gets paid, but I'm a little gunshy about wrapping up too much money in one player. It's bitten us in the butt multiple times.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 pm
  • Brady Henderson talks Frank Clark about 3 minutes in

BOB, GROZ AND TOM -- October 15, 2018 - Hour 3

ESPN.com's Brady Henderson joins the show to give his take on the Seahawks and their dominant win in London.

Have they proven they are a playoff team?

Which player has had the biggest impact?

Then, the guys listen to more audio of Pete Carroll and his thoughts on the London experience.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... oz+and+Tom
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.

And there you have it folks. Just how much do you pay a guy who basically only plays half the defensive snaps?
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:
    Hawksfan78 wrote:Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.

And there you have it folks. Just how much do you pay a guy who basically only plays half the defensive snaps?

There you have what? A guy who got 2.5 sacks while playing sick and getting rested more because of his illness? Very impressive, limited snaps, being ill and 2.5 sacks. How many snaps does he play in a game when he’s healthy?
    Hollandhawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm
  • He should've already been extended about 4 months ago for around $14-15M APY, Danielle Hunter set his market.

He is gone at the end of the year unless Seattle is willing to pony up $20M APY if Clark stays healthy, an injury would destroy his value of course.

He is 26 and will be the premier UFA pass rusher on the market. He will garner $20M APY easily.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:
    Hawksfan78 wrote:Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.

Seattle always has done this. Aside from Bennett, most of the guys including Avril were rotated in and out on a regular basis.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:52 pm
  • He was drafted with the hope that he would become what he is now. I don’t get not wanting him now that he has developed into the player you wanted when you drafted him.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:54 pm
  • Frank has the right attitude. He works hard. Team first player. Doesn't needlessly talk. He deserves a raise and an extension. Only hard part is figuring how much for how long.

You can even say the pass rush up the middle is made easier because of Franks outside rush.

Frank has come a long way.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 pm
  • I think you have a three week window or so to get something done before it becomes more prudent for him to simply wait and test the market.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:42 am
  • He was bound to shine and now he has...he is honoring his contract and not threatening anything...just playing his ass off. Extend him soon please.
    xray
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:44 am
  • Extend Clark, Sweezy, Fluker all over the bye week. It's deserved and would be great for team morale.

I'm glad the team didn't give him the Hunter deal (Vikes), though, like many thought he would/should get. If he signs for 14 mil and then has the season he has, repeats it, eventually you've got another Earl situation where he'll think the team screwed him over by underpaying him. This way, you make him ball out and prove his worth, he gets his fairest contract, and everyone's happy.

We HAVE TO keep Frank, though. We literally have no edge rushers waiting in the wings, unless you really, really believe in someone like Jacob Martin. It'd be crazy to let Frank walk and rely on someone raw like Martin, but crazier things have happened.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 am
  • seedhawk wrote:

Yes, there you have it......EXACTLY how you manage the snap count of your most productive pass rusher.

If you play him too much he becomes ineffective, which was our problem the past two years with Avril, Clark and Bennett, all their snap counts were too high, which is why they wore down by the end of the year.

Doesn't mean Clark doesn't deserve, or you don't give him a big extension. You don't want him playing 70-80% of snaps, you wanna keep it around the 50% mark. Guarantee you that's why he's been so effective this year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seedhawk wrote:

Yes, there you have it......EXACTLY how you manage the snap count of your most productive pass rusher.

If you play him too much he becomes ineffective, which was our problem the past two years with Avril, Clark and Bennett, all their snap counts were too high, which is why they wore down by the end of the year.

Doesn't mean Clark doesn't deserve, or you don't give him a big extension. You don't want him playing 70-80% of snaps, you wanna keep it around the 50% mark. Guarantee you that's why he's been so effective this year.

He plays majority of the snaps, just that game was a blowout and he was still recovering from food poisoning.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:20 am
  • rcaido wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seedhawk wrote:

He plays majority of the snaps, just that game was a blowout and he was still recovering from food poisoning.

Clark is at 69% for the year......and IMO that's too high.

But I understand, we're super thin with Jordan being Jordan and no Green. But I betcha you see 69% go down as those guys get healthy.

My point is Frank's snap count shouldn't be an issue with giving him an extension. You don't want your star pass rushing DE playing 80% or more of snaps.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am
  • NYCoug wrote:Extend Clark, Sweezy, Fluker all over the bye week. It's deserved and would be great for team morale.

I'm glad the team didn't give him the Hunter deal (Vikes), though, like many thought he would/should get. If he signs for 14 mil and then has the season he has, repeats it, eventually you've got another Earl situation where he'll think the team screwed him over by underpaying him. This way, you make him ball out and prove his worth, he gets his fairest contract, and everyone's happy.

We HAVE TO keep Frank, though. We literally have no edge rushers waiting in the wings, unless you really, really believe in someone like Jacob Martin. It'd be crazy to let Frank walk and rely on someone raw like Martin, but crazier things have happened.

With the latest event of the passing on of Paul, it is likely there is a freeze on contract extensions until ownership takeover channels / parameters are established.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:Extend Clark, Sweezy, Fluker all over the bye week. It's deserved and would be great for team morale.

With the latest event of the passing on of Paul, it is likely there is a freeze on contract extensions until ownership takeover channels / parameters are established.

I will depend on the hierarchy, if Paul gave John and Pete the green light in the past there is no reason to think much will change now. Not on these contracts anyway. When it comes to Russell Wilson however and we start talking 270 million for a long term contract I would imagine the Owners might weigh in on that size of a deal.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am
  • Seymour wrote:

Seems counter intuitive to the type of person and owner Allen was.

My guess is why he put new a new President in place in September was to make sure nothing on the football operations side was interrupted by his death.

So I betcha Allen put safeguards in place that everything will remain as is and running smoothly until the formal transfer of ownership happens to Jody.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Frank Clark is a second tier pass rusher who will end up getting first tier money. His performance against the Raiders is not indicative of his statistical play. He has many games where he isn't even a factor. All that said the Hawks are between a rock and a hard place with no other legit pass rushers. I am sure the Hawks will over pay and we will be lamenting it for the next 3 or so years.
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:34 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:Frank Clark is a second tier pass rusher who will end up getting first tier money. His performance against the Raiders is not indicative of his statistical play. He has many games where he isn't even a factor. All that said the Hawks are between a rock and a hard place with no other legit pass rushers. I am sure the Hawks will over pay and we will be lamenting it for the next 3 or so years.

Not sure how being tied for 3rd in the league only behind guys like Watt, Miller and Atkins is "second tier," but you go on with your bad self.

That's on pace btw for 14.5 sacks, if you're keeping score at home, but it sounds like you aren't.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:11 pm

He's had 19 sacks the last two seasons, and he's 25 years old, there is absolutely no reason to think he's only playing well for a contract just to disappear.

On top of that, if he hasn't played well enough to deserve a large contract, who exactly WOULD you spend that money on?

Seriously if a 25 year old top tier edge rusher isn't worth the money I'd love to know who is. I might get it if he'd been a scrub to this point, but he's been anything but.

EDIT: that being said I dont think now is the time to pursue it fully after that kind of game, but I'd love to see it done before the end of the season
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:Frank Clark is a second tier pass rusher who will end up getting first tier money. His performance against the Raiders is not indicative of his statistical play. He has many games where he isn't even a factor. All that said the Hawks are between a rock and a hard place with no other legit pass rushers. I am sure the Hawks will over pay and we will be lamenting it for the next 3 or so years.

Not sure how being tied for 3rd in the league only behind guys like Watt, Miller and Atkins is "second tier," but you go on with your bad self.

That's on pace btw for 14.5 sacks, if you're keeping score at home, but it sounds like you aren't.

Clark is an interesting case. I'm for signing the guy, because quite frankly we don't have the option not to. He is our only viable pass rusher at the moment. As far as his merits go, I'm quite torn on him as a player. He gets the sack numbers but he doesn't seem to provide the consistent pressure that guys like Watt, and Miller give. He'll pop off some games, and others it will be as if he is not even on the field. Even in some games that he gets a sack, there isn't much in the way of disruption and pressure. Overall I think he is a good player that is worth signing, but sometimes I don't quite know what to make of him.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:Frank Clark is a second tier pass rusher who will end up getting first tier money. His performance against the Raiders is not indicative of his statistical play. He has many games where he isn't even a factor. All that said the Hawks are between a rock and a hard place with no other legit pass rushers. I am sure the Hawks will over pay and we will be lamenting it for the next 3 or so years.

Clark is an interesting case. I'm for signing the guy, because quite frankly we don't have the option not to. He is our only viable pass rusher at the moment. As far as his merits go, I'm quite torn on him as a player. He gets the sack numbers but he doesn't seem to provide the consistent pressure that guys like Watt, and Miller give. He'll pop off some games, and others it will be as if he is not even on the field. Even in some games that he gets a sack, there isn't much in the way of disruption and pressure. Overall I think he is a good player that is worth signing, but sometimes I don't quite know what to make of him.

But this is every defensive end.........Khalil Mack had one assist and no sacks against the Dolphins last weekend.

By your logic it was if "he wasn't even on the field." That's the nature of the NFL, all you're looking for is consistency. Clark is evolving and coming on as one of the best DE's in the league............and that's an important thing to remember. We aren't talking about giving an old DE like Avril or Bennett another gigantic extension, we're talking about a young DE that should still be improving and playing well 4-5 years from now.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

But this is every defensive end.........Khalil Mack had one assist and no sacks against the Dolphins last weekend.

By your logic it was if "he wasn't even on the field." That's the nature of the NFL, all you're looking for is consistency. Clark is evolving and coming on as one of the best DE's in the league............and that's an important thing to remember. We aren't talking about giving an old DE like Avril or Bennett another gigantic extension, we're talking about a young DE that should still be improving and playing well 4-5 years from now.

I don't know, I feel like I see him rendered useless more often than the top tier guys. Maybe its bias because I watch the Seahawks every week. I'm not saying he is a bad player, it's just I feel like he is a non-factor more often than your Millers. I wish I had some sort of pressure stat. I don't get to watch the Kalil's and the Millers every week.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm
  • Fade wrote:He should've already been extended about 4 months ago for around $14-15M APY, Danielle Hunter set his market.

He is gone at the end of the year unless Seattle is willing to pony up $20M APY if Clark stays healthy, an injury would destroy his value of course.

He is 26 and will be the premier UFA pass rusher on the market. He will garner $20M APY easily.

If that $14-15 million APY was an amount he would have agreed to this spring perhaps he'd be signed already. I suspect his agent wasn't in agreement with that amount. Doubt he gets north of $20 mil regardless, as that benchmark was set early and after Hunter's deal. Hard to make a deal with a player who's agent isn't prepared to agree. None of know where the negotiations are at anyway.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:00 pm
  • From BR - ranked 18 among DEs. As a pure football talent, there are few players with as bright of an on-field future as Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark. The 24-year-old 2015 second-round draft pick already has 22 sacks in his NFL career. His short-area quickness allows him to beat tackles to the outside or set up a swift inside counter. Over the last two seasons, only eight edge defenders have recorded nine or more sacks in both 2016 and 2017: Mario Addison, Joey Bosa, Chandler Jones, Ryan Kerrigan, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Cameron Wake and Clark. Should Cliff Avril not return to football, making Clark a 16-game starter for the first time in his career, expect him to fit right in.

Maybe it’s just my eyes, but he’s not worth what he is going to be asking. I like him, just not for QB money
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:48 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:From BR - ranked 18 among DEs. As a pure football talent, there are few players with as bright of an on-field future as Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark. The 24-year-old 2015 second-round draft pick already has 22 sacks in his NFL career. His short-area quickness allows him to beat tackles to the outside or set up a swift inside counter. Over the last two seasons, only eight edge defenders have recorded nine or more sacks in both 2016 and 2017: Mario Addison, Joey Bosa, Chandler Jones, Ryan Kerrigan, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Cameron Wake and Clark. Should Cliff Avril not return to football, making Clark a 16-game starter for the first time in his career, expect him to fit right in.

Maybe it’s just my eyes, but he’s not worth what he is going to be asking. I like him, just not for QB money

So you just broke copy and pasted Bleacher Report's breakdown of Clark putting him in the same category as the best pass rushing DE's in the league, and then tell us you don't see it?

We will pay Clark...........he's worth it, and we don't have a choice.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information