Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

This team should make the playoffs

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
This team should make the playoffs
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Playing at this level, there's no reason they shouldn't.

7-3 over the next stretch seems tough on paper, but, again, if they continue to build on recent success, they should make it happen. I'm not sure if they will, but we should expect them to, barring any major injuries. Wright should be back, and hopefully Dickson gives us something from the TE position.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Re: This team should make the playoffs
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm
  • Looks more possible now than last week. :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm
  • Would be pretty tough, if only we took one of those winnable losses? We could be 4-2 at this point. After Oakland, we have two 9ers and one cardinal game, all three winnable. All rest are difficult:

@ Lions (2-3) --- W
    Chargers (4-2) --- L
    @Rams (6-0) --- L
    Packers (2-2-1) --- W
    @Panther (3-2) --- L
    9ers (1-4) --- W
    Vikings (3-2-1) --- W
    @9ers (1-4) --- W
    Chiefs (5-0) --- L
    Cardinals (1-5) --- W

That will give us 9-7, way above my pre-season expectations. Hopefully, the Chiefs will be wither fading or saving our legs for post season so we can steal a win, haha that could make us 10-6 and opportunity for wild card.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Playing at this level, there's no reason they shouldn't.

7-3 over the next stretch seems tough on paper, but, again, if they continue to build on recent success, they should make it happen. I'm not sure if they will, but we should expect them to, barring any major injuries. Wright should be back, and hopefully Dickson gives us something from the TE position.

My thinking goes:

Probably split the next two (@Detroit, home vs. San Diego)

Probable losses: @Rams and @Carolina

Then we have probable wins (3) against SF twice and AZ.

That leaves home games against GB, KC and Minny. Win all 3 of those and I think we are in at 10-6. Win two and its a possibility but may need other teams to falter as well.

Nice to at least be thinking about it anyway :D
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:59 pm
  • I predicted 7-9. Not quite sure I'm ready to have them anything passed that. We played a horrid team today. We could steal one or two more of these games but tough to say at this point. We are trending up!
    @ Lions (2-3) --- W
    Chargers (4-2) --- L
    @Rams (6-0) --- L
    Packers (2-2-1) --- L
    @Panther (3-2) --- L
    9ers (1-4) --- W
    Vikings (3-2-1) --- L
    @9ers (1-4) --- W
    Chiefs (5-0) --- L
    Cardinals (1-5) --- W
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:38 pm
  • All good responses. I think we need to beat the Rams in LA and I think we can.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 pm
  • I'll just take it one game at a time.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:09 pm
  • I say we win our last 7 games. 5/7 are in Seattle. Only away game I’m worried about is Carolina but they fell to the Redskins today so we definitely have a chance! With everyone healthy of course.. Maybe steal one in LA too! Ya never know! :stirthepot: :stirthepot:
    doso
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:01 pm
  • Rams are now having to deal with a target on them, they are going to get everyone's best and it takes it's toll, we have to continue to inch up and get better every week, we started out dinged up and hopefully getting guys back here going to mid season may help us as the Rams suffer thru being beat up by everyone. We may not be out of it as of yet just chasing the tigers tail right now, over all win loss record is still up in the air and two games isn't insurmountable as a division lead, a few weird bounces and bad weather games can even things out quickly.

I am not counting on it however, will gladly watch the team improve a step at a time and look to them asserting themselves next year with a more seasoned team.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:06 pm
  • I’ll enjoy whatever comes, if we win our next two, then talk playoffs
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Division is probably out of the question - even if we won-out I'm not sure LA will lose 3 games. But I'm feeling much better about wild-card chances than a few weeks ago.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm
  • Rams won today, but took another physical beating. Watched the game and Saffold, Whitworth, Brockers and Kupp all left with injuries. I believe all did return (maybe not Kupp). Point being, health is probably the most important phase of this game as the season moves on. I guess that's why there is that one game at a time cliche!!!!

KC cannot stop NE's running game assuming the 'Hawks can stay healthy, playing KC in Seattle at the end of the year.....anyone's game!
    blkhwk
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 pm
  • If we win against Detroit I think our chances are really good if not it will be very difficult. Next week seems like a game that could make or break our playoff hopes. Seattle is not that far away from being really good we flat dominated the Raiders today. We could make up that game with a win over Carolina but that's a much harder win to get imo.

Detroit - win
    Chargers-win
    Green Bay-win
    SF-win
    SF-win
    Arizona-win

That takes us to 9 we need just one more against the Vikings , Carolina , Rams or Chiefs
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:21 pm
  • I want to see Russ with a fully healthy hammy. If that happens soon anything can happen. If it's going to be one of those chronic issues all season I have my doubts for the playoffs.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm
  • First the over the top sky is falling rants on here :rumble: . Then the over-confidence lol

Take it a week at a time. I HOPE we make it to the playoffs, but I'm trying to have an open mind about this season
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:44 pm
  • If we can continue to run the ball like we have these past few games we'll have a shot to win the rest of our games. Believe it!
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:46 pm
  • If we had won one of the three winnable games, ie Rams, Bears, or Bronco, we could have talking about playoff. As is most unlikely.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm
  • I think 9-7 can make the wild card this year. A lot of teams are inconsistent. Only Rams are the dominate team in the NFC, too bad they are in our division.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm
  • rcaido wrote:I think 9-7 can make the wild card this year. A lot of teams are inconsistent. Only Rams are the dominate team in the NFC, too bad they are in our division.

The Vikings aren't the power everyone thought they would be neither is GB. Dallas is average. Seattle has a chance and your right 9-7 might be enough.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm
  • Getting to the playoffs is going to be a grind. I don’t think you can expect to make the Wild Card at this point in time.

For what it’s worth, fivethirtyeight gives the Seahawks a 42% chance, which seems about right.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:First the over the top sky is falling rants on here :rumble: . Then the over-confidence lol

Take it a week at a time. I HOPE we make it to the playoffs, but I'm trying to have an open mind about this season

I was predicting a 7-9 win season, but I always expected the team to make the playoffs. if that makes sense. As a fan I expect it because we have a top tier QB and Coach combo. Analyzing it more objectively, yeah, I get why we probably won't make it. But why not us?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:48 pm
  • So during the Pre-Season in the NFC West thread I predicted 10-6 in the NFL Forum.

Then I saw the offense the first 2 games, and then watched as they played down to their opponent in the Cardinals. I dropped my prediction down to 6-10, with a chance to go 5-11. Especially with the injuries that happened in that game.

Sometimes when you lose you really win, and sometimes when you win you really lose. The previous 2 weeks proved my point emphatically. With the Cardinals being the latter, and the Rams being the former.

I am still nervous about playing down to opponents going forward, Pete's teams have been doing this for a long time now, but Pete's teams also play up against bigger opponents so there is that.

It was nice for a change to see them not play down to an opponent for once in the Raiders.

Sweezy & Fluker along with the great Mike Solari have transformed the Seahawks into an entirely different animal now.

10-6, I think is back on the table if those two stay on the field, especially now that I am seeing an offense that I thought I was going to see from the start.

So in general I am a big picture guy as I am watching the season unfold. Mainly I spend my time looking at the weaknesses, and how to improve them, while also staying out in front of problems that could pottentially arise. I of course want them to make the playoffs, but more importantly I want to see improvement. Which they have over the last two weeks.

Fluker, Sweezy, & Clark are all UFAs at the end of the year. They need to sign a couple of these guys now. There is precedence for this as the team extended both KJ Wright & Avril during the season a few years back. They need to do this again, or next Off-Season could be a 1 step forward, 2 steps back situation.

These 3 guys are essential to what they are trying to do, so to me it just makes too much sense to not extend them now.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:First the over the top sky is falling rants on here :rumble: . Then the over-confidence lol

But where's the fun in that? :D "We may never win another game" and "we're the best team ever" posts are just a lot more fun.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 am
  • I think it will take a 10-6 to get in the playoffs for sure. To do that the Hawks need to win against the Lions & Panthers;both must win road games. A big bonus road win would be @ the Rams but don't count on that one unless the Rams sustain some keys injuries before then. IMO
    xray
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 am
  • adeltaY wrote:All good responses. I think we need to beat the Rams in LA and I think we can.

I think we need to beat the Lions in Detroit.

I know it's the next game, but it's also one of the easier games left. Win the next two and the Rams game isn't as critical.

Would be 5-4 with 5 of the next 7 at home, and the two toughest opponents in Seattle.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:26 am
  • xray wrote:I think it will take a 10-6 to get in the playoffs for sure. To do that the Hawks need to win against the Lions & Panthers;both must win road games. A big bonus road win would be @ the Rams but don't count on that one unless the Rams sustain some keys injuries before then. IMO

Kinda where I'm at......anytime you drop a game or two at home, that means you have to pick up a couple on the road.

A hard task in the NFL, and especially for the Hawks who don't have a very good record traveling east.

I said this last week, if we can get to December with a .500 record? I like our odds. We play the Niners twice and the Cards at home in December. With how mediocre the NFC is this year, that should be right in the WC hunt.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 am
  • I am with the "One game at a time" crowd. I just like the fact we are talking about playoffs without it being followed by frenzied laughter. If this team continues it's current trend upward there is no reason they can't be in the mix in the NFC come late December. Still on pace for 8-8 but 9-7, 10-6 is not out of the question in the least with the way they are playing and barring any catastrophic injuries, I don't see the team suddenly sucking. This could be a very dangerous team come December.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 am
  • Aros wrote:I am with the "One game at a time" crowd. I just like the fact we are talking about playoffs without it being followed by frenzied laughter. If this team continues it's current trend upward there is no reason they can't be in the mix in the NFC come late December. Still on pace for 8-8 but 9-7, 10-6 is not out of the question in the least with the way they are playing and barring any catastrophic injuries, I don't see the team suddenly sucking. This could be a very dangerous team come December.

Basically what I said above. No guarantees, but the chances look improved after Sunday. Now, if we can just win the game after the bye week. Get on a little roll here. At .500, we're definitely not out of it.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 am
  • Had us at 9-7 before the season, and sticking to it. Maybe a win more or less.

The team is definitely starting to improve in areas I thought would take more time. Our O and D lines have really stepped up this past few weeks. Our running game is starting to look like 2012 in some ways. Just more by committee instead of one beastmode back. Our secondary is holding its own, which considering all new guys is saying something.

Last, our coaches seem to be making a very positive statement to the players and us fans. I actually think PC may have picked the right guys around him for the next few years.

I don't see the playoffs this year, but anything is possible. But I do see a return to a true contending team staring next year. Hard to say at this point. But things are trending upwards!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:23 am
  • I wouldn't say we "should" make the playoffs, but we certainly "could" and have as good a chance as a lot of other teams like Carolina, Atlanta, GB, Detroit, Dallas, Philly, Minny, Chicago. I think the only locks are Rams and NO. Both those teams look built for a good regular season run but could be beaten in the playoffs by a stout defense and good run game.

So it's all out there with a lack of multiple dominant teams. It'll come down to who gets hot as the season progresses. I don't see us there yet but if we can beat Detroit, Carolina, GB and our 3 remaining games against SF and ARI, then I think we will be in a good position for a WC.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:38 am
  • The game at Detroit will tell us a lot. It’s the type of game we SHOULD win. But it’s also the type of game we have lost all too often in the past — playing down to an inferior opponent on the road. If the Hawks are going to have a chance at the playoffs, they absolutely cannot lose to a team like Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 am
  • sutz wrote:Looks more possible now than last week. :twisted:

LOL, Normally I'd agree with you on this, but last week showed a hell of an up trending in play, against one of the best teams in the NFL, the fact that they held the score to 2 measily points showed that they can pretty much hang with just about anybody.
    Plus, the Offense (for me) is starting to show some bits & pieces of continuity.
    Ifedi seems to have really benefitted from having DJ Fluker at his side...Seems he's no longer the chains weakest link.
    With the Offense eating up more time on the clock, the Defense is getting some much needed rest between bouts.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 am
  • This team was literally gifted 2 free games on the schedule when the 49ers lost their starting QB.

While I still think this is a 7-9 to 8-8 team, those 2 49ers games that we normally would have likely split - become almost sure wins. Which means 9-7 at least.

I don't know that 9-7 would be enough, but with some of the rest of the NFC stubbing their toes...it just might.

Division is out but a wild card should be reasonable given 2 extra free wins on the schedule.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 am
  • This team is markedly improving by the week, particularly on offense so 9-7 is not out of the question. 7-3 down the stretch could be tough but this team is really starting to play together and seemingly for one another--very '12 like and that's highly encouraging. With all the home games we have in the 2nd half, it could be a very intriguing finish. Stay tuned!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 am
  • It would be such a joyous event if this team makes the playoff because on paper it really shouldn't. This team more or less using two rookies (Penny, a true rookie, Carson, he played how many games last year?) RBs, a rookie CB in Flowers, then a bunch of low budget castoffs from offense to defense.

If this team makes the playoff, it's all down to playing very hungry as a team. Result of exorcism from big mouths and finger flippers.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 am
  • Should is a stretch, could is getting a boost IMO. 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:22 am
  • Seymour wrote:Should is a stretch, could is getting a boost IMO. 8)

well said dude.

toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Should is a stretch, could is getting a boost IMO. 8)

well said dude.

Basically where I'm at, too. I'd say our chances improved over the last couple of weeks, but the team has a long way to go til the end.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:50 am
  • toffee wrote:Would be pretty tough, if only we took one of those winnable losses? We could be 4-2 at this point. After Oakland, we have two 9ers and one cardinal game, all three winnable. All rest are difficult:

@ Lions (2-3) --- W
    Chargers (4-2) --- L
    @Rams (6-0) --- L
    Packers (2-2-1) --- W
    @Panther (3-2) --- L
    9ers (1-4) --- W
    Vikings (3-2-1) --- W
    @9ers (1-4) --- W
    Chiefs (5-0) --- L
    Cardinals (1-5) --- W

That will give us 9-7, way above my pre-season expectations. Hopefully, the Chiefs will be wither fading or saving our legs for post season so we can steal a win, haha that could make us 10-6 and opportunity for wild card.

I think we would be lucky to beat both the Packers and Vikings..... maybe we would beat 1.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:This team was literally gifted 2 free games on the schedule when the 49ers lost their starting QB.

While I still think this is a 7-9 to 8-8 team, those 2 49ers games that we normally would have likely split - become almost sure wins. Which means 9-7 at least.

I don't know that 9-7 would be enough, but with some of the rest of the NFC stubbing their toes...it just might.

Division is out but a wild card should be reasonable given 2 extra free wins on the schedule.

We were going to beat garopolo regardless. He's not all that.

I think the offense is miles ahead of where it was at any point last season when we were solely relying on miracle 4th quarters by Wilson to save us.
    I think the defense is better now than it finished last season.
    I think our kicking game is somewhat better than last year.

I think this is a 10-6 team that plays a very tough schedule since the Rams, NFC North, AFC West are no jokes this year. So it may plane out at 8-8. Yes we get 4 easy opponents, but most other teams do as well. So I wouldn't go talking "gifts".
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am
  • before the season started I had them at 9-7 but at the bye I had them 5-1 so I find it really hard to believe they can win 6 more out of the remaining schedule to get to that mark. its just the second half of the schedule is much tougher than the first half. but with that said a lot of these teams also aren't as good as they are supposed to be. im still thinking 8-8 but even that may be a chance at a wild card this year.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 am
  • Some media people had Seattle at 4-12. Lol.

We are a legit 9-10 win team and should win 11 by end of year if RW and the stars stay relatively healthy (this includes Frank "PAY HIM NOW" Clark, dude is a beast!). One thing is for sure, it's going to be fun to watch this young group grow.
    "...the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten." - Earl Thomas, discussing the Cowboys only offering a 2nd rounder in a trade for him.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Playing at this level, there's no reason they shouldn't.

You know what really gets me? This team could EASILY be 5-1. They got absolutely jobbed in Denver on the ref ignoring Pete's challenge flag on the turnover resulting in a Denver TD AND the blatant out of bound D. Thomas called TD that determined the outcome in the late 4th quarter. That game combined with a RIDICULOUS holding call on Fluker taking them out of FG range during the last drive of the Rams game. I trust Seabass would have at least a 75% chance of hitting that FG for the win. Instead, they picked up two loses and are sitting at 3-3. I guarantee if they sneak into the Playoffs, no one will actually want to play them. They've got an identity on offense, a young, hungry, play-making ball-hawk defense that creates turnovers, a 2.5 headed monster at RB, a surprisingly LEGIT WR corp with Brown and Moore showing themselves to be play-makers and of course, Russ. Throw in a dramatically improved O-line and that's a recipe for success.
    FormerEvil
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm
  • We are going to the Superb Owl with a run game and RW. That is my expectation.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Should is a stretch, could is getting a boost IMO. 8)

well said dude.

I am in this boat. Seems like Detroit was starting to do some squawking of its own. We need to get back to our area, clean up, take care of some business :( ....and then see what can happen in Detroit.

go hawks.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information